**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sentry- One of Earth's Strongest heroes. One of MCOC's weakest?

Comments

• Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    And according to Kabam (or at least the event quest comic dialogues), Sentey is Demigod tier.

So out of touch with reality....
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    And according to Kabam (or at least the event quest comic dialogues), Sentey is Demigod tier.

So out of touch with reality....

5 of Kabams realities don't equal 1 reality.
  • ImmortalHWImmortalHW Posts: 7

[/quote]But did you use that recommended 0.8 extra seconds of fury mastery? It might be the key[/quote]

No because tailoring a mastery setup for just one champ is nuts. Doing it for a crappy champs is plainly absurd

LMAO...yeah the fury mastery will help
    You know I wouldn't mind the time it took to build reality warps if they just paid off. Even with 5 he sucks. If there's no payoff for using him and building his charges up then why use him? Right now he's just arena fodder. In time he probably won't be that. I'd r4 a Spiderqwen over him.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    DaMunk wrote: »
    You know I wouldn't mind the time it took to build reality warps if they just paid off. Even with 5 he sucks. If there's no payoff for using him and building his charges up then why use him? Right now he's just arena fodder. In time he probably won't be that. I'd r4 a Spiderqwen over him.

I'll still pick him over sg, at least he's nice to look at...

#buffsentry
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    I am just wondering when spider Gwen or kamal get launched, people also went crazy like they go for every new character.....😂😂😂 JK
  • XstasisXstasis Posts: 50
    #buffsentry
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    I unfortunately r4 him already. He needs more buffs and damage output Kabam
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Looks like Sentry is the Carnage of 2018
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Why did you guys r4 him? His spotlight made him sound bad and you can tell from the event that Void is the better character. From what you guys posted it’s **** they released a lackluster science champ when the community has been begging for one. Don’t get why they release a champs intended for long fights but can’t do anything in LOL or by the time they get going the fight is over.
  • ImmortalHW wrote: »
    THIS IS AN EXTENSION OF MY PREVIOUS REVIEW TO ADD TO MY PERSONAL THOUGHT ON THE CHARACTER, AS AN EXTREMELY EXPERIENCED PLAYER. PLEASE READ TOWARDS THE BOTTOM TO SEE MY EDITS:

I have never complained about any character but Sentry is absolute garbage.
    It's crazy to me that KABAM would make an average character in the marvel universe like blade so OP but one of earth's MIGHTIEST HEROES, the level of superman for comparison sake so terrible!

I have him at 4/55 and am quite disappointed. A 3/30 SL can down WS quicker than him. What's wrong with the picture? Let me explain.

1. The reality warp percentages of 30% is bogus. A character like him should be at 100% simply because he's so complex to use. Timing is everything and it's already tough to line up his bonuses with the correct phase. Against WS, sure it may be easy. But against nodes like Bane, Buffet, etc.. in regular event quests, that is EXTREMELY challenging. The users should benefit much more from the skill it takes to play him. At least with SL, keeping a combo is decently challenging but you are rewarded for keeping your streak.

2. His regular attacks are just too abysmally weak. He barely crits. The reality warp should kick in WAY EARLIER than 40 hits! The reward the player gains from the additional streak is so shabby, that feature is impractical to players who are playing hard content or AW. It should be 10 hits, given the average duration of quests/aw fights. If kabam was building a character for LOL, sure, make it 40, but make sure the reality warps are actually decently strong to make it worth it for the user. Alternatively, he also needs to have the ability to build more than 5 reality warps if it's not 100% guaranteed to activate. 10 hit combos with 10 max reality warp would make him somewhat relevant. Even then, the crappy odds would make him just very average.

3. His regen needs to be revamped. As one of the best regeneration champions in the marvel universe, it's unruly to give him such a crappy dose of regeneration. Even a wolvie at 4/40 regens more than him. To keep the comparison alive, Blade's regen is almost nerf-worthy yet Sentry's regen is miniscule compared to ALL other regen champs. Even Phoenix's regen is better than his. EWW. Kabam fails to realize that he's not a mystic champ. Getting to L3 takes a long time in an average fight. Being a science, the pay off should be much higher! After all, he's such a powerful figure in the Marvel universe! He's the king of cellular regeneration. His regen should be up to par as that of wolvie - at least.

4. Somehow, kabam needs to buff up this character in general to stay somewhat consistent to the comics world. You can't throw a god-tier champ like blade who's average in the realm of superheroes but completely trash a LEGENDARY champ such as sentry. This character is easily a top 5 champ in the Marvels universe.

I can pinpoint so many atrocities about this character but it would take me several pages to elaborate. I'm a fairly skilled player and trust me, we are not rewarded for properly using his complex style of game play.
    He's no luke cage or Spider-gwen. He's a legitimate powerhouse in the marvel universe and kabam should do him a little bit of justice, at the very least.

1. Now, it's time to attach numbers to his damage output. I tested my signature 60 Sentry 4/55 on winter soldier. I popped in a 10% boost to mitigate class disadvantage to get consistent data. It took me 405 HITS TO DOWN WS!!!!! That's worst than 90% of characters. Kabam wanted to build a LOL worthy science champ and have completely DROPPED THE BALL. I went on to fight captain marvel and almost fell asleep. He needed 350 to down her. The reality warps are a major bust! The 40 hit combo are also INSANE. He's practically useless in regular fights.
    2. I tested him against dorm. UTTER TRASH. Dorms degen was so strong that I didn't even have time to hit Special 3 for a 10% regeneration. Mind you to get that 10%, I had to fight through a blockade of degen. Again, maybe if he was a mystic, the concept would have been semi-conceivable. Even then, it would be a bust.
    3. I tested him against magik. He did even worst! Because there's no way to counter magik, I have to hit her 30+ times to get to an L3. By then, Sentry is almost dead. The regen is so pathetic, it adds 0 value to the matchup. No power control/no regen/no power gain to L3 means a quick death against Magik. But keep in mind he's suppose to shine there.
    4. I put on recoil as Kabam suggested. As everyone knows, recoil takes about 5% of your max health per special attack. The regen is broken for a few reasons. For starters, it consumes a reality warp. It takes 40 hits to gain an additional reality warp. It takes about 30ish to hit L3. What does that mean? In a regular fight you most likely won't even have time to build your reality warps quick enough to benefit from the regen. WHAT A JOKE! Kabam encourages recoil, but 30% of your attacks won't benefit from the reality warp and will actually lose a reality warp per regen. Essentially, your regeneration only covers 2 special attacks of recoil, per fight on average, where the bonus statistically won't even trigger. A lot of risk, almost no reward.
    In reality, Sentry should eat up mystic champs due to his high burst of supposed damage and molecular regeneration. None of which happen.

OVERALL, Too many things are broken with Sentry to give an accurate picture. Sentry is the perfect champion to shine in the science class and bring much needed relevancy to an already horrendous class (science) I believe the intentions of that champion was to make him LOL worthy. Kabam has missed that mark by a WIDE margin. A player of his caliber should sit amongst the SL, Sparky's, Blade, GP, etc.

The character spotlight represented very misleading inaccurate information and players who spent shards should honestly be reimbursed. This is the biggest bust in the world of MCOC that I've witnessed.

Lot of disappointment but in my alliance too I said he was going to be trash since the first leaks. I was hoping something similar to Hyperion who is a real God compare to Sentry, instead we got something worse than average. Hope they do some changes on him, if just the reality warps would also increase his base attack too and he had some immunities he would be much better.
  • TheeWolverineTheeWolverine Posts: 77
    One of the strongest characters marvel has but in the game weakest! Literally. Money grab! And fix the IPhone X issue! 2 months now and still a problem
  • Mattikus42Mattikus42 Posts: 33
    Why would you do this to me kabam?!?!? I have been so excited for him and something to finally use my science awakening gem on and I save up all these shards and this is how you repay your loyal customers. For shame.
  • Mattikus42Mattikus42 Posts: 33
    I don’t ever remember being so disappointed in a character. In an expensive feature character no less. Such a waste of resources. Please tell me he is bugged and that something is broken and I really didn’t just waste everything I had.
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    I got extremely lucky and pulled 5* Sentry from 1 300 unit Uncollected crystal. I took him to rank 2, as I do with all my 5*s, to test and see if he's worth going higher.

No. He really, really isn't. His damage is lower-than-average. The reliance on RNGesus is so frustrating. And his Regen is a joke. The title of this whole thread is spot-on.

I understand that not every champion that gets released is going to be God-Tier. That's fine. But with how BAD the Science class is at the moment, this was Kabam's opportunity to "fix" that discrepancy, and they really dropped the ball.

Also, Sentry is extremely powerful in the Marvel world. This is a horrible representation of him. He REALLY, REALLY needs a re-tune. Someone earlier in this thread said he's like the Carnage of 2018. Yup, 100% accurate statement.
  • adamjakubiadamjakubi Posts: 42
    edited January 2018
    I hear what everybody is saying, but; let me play devils... err kabam’s... advocate; by using the logic that he is stronger than x character in the comics so he should be stronger than x character in the game you make the whole game virtually impossible to play... hear me out.

Wolvie/Ironman/ultron (anyone with so much as a metal filling) will not beat magneto, Phoenix beats almost everybody in this game without a hassle, hulk only gets stronger the more you hit him, deadpool/ghostrider/etc can’t die... blah blah blah... if you make every character the same level/powers they are in the comics then there is no game. Just a Phoenix, a ghost rider, a magneto and everybody else...

The character is what he is... enjoy playing him - then play... don’t? Then don’t... making in game champs the same as they are in the comics makes it LITERALLY too dumb to play...
    adamjakubi wrote: »
    I hear what everybody is saying, but; let me play devils... err kabam’s... advocate; by using the logic that he is stronger than x character in the comics so he should be stronger than x character in the game you make the whole game virtually impossible to play... hear me out.

Wolvie/Ironman/ultron (anyone with so much as a metal filling) will not beat magneto, Phoenix beats almost everybody in this game without a hassle, hulk only gets stronger the more you hit him, deadpool/ghostrider/etc can’t die... blah blah blah... if you make every character the same level/powers they are in the comics then there is no game. Just a Phoenix, a ghost rider, a magneto and everybody else...

The character is what he is... enjoy playing him - then play... don’t? Then don’t... making in game champs the same as they are in the comics makes it LITERALLY too dumb to play...

You won't enjoy playing him because you'll never use him. He has no redeeming value OTHER than he is actually fun to play with. Seriously he moves well but anything he does someone else does better without his weaknesses. What was meant to be his strength is his attack but even at high combo he hits pretty soft. He has no defensive abilities. Why would you every play him unless he's all you had?
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    He’s below average in atk and relies on his states to add damage and some defense. 30% chance to proc a state just doesn’t cut it.
  • I used those as examples... but thanks for the semantics... my point is still the same...
  • Also, seeing as we’re playing semantics; there would be a very small handful of non metal champs that could take out magneto... if any at all - given he’s able to control magnetic fields that surrounds planets, stars, people, even the sun... guy could hurl mars at hulk with a flick of wrist if he wanted to.