Options

QuickSilver damage bug

Childish_AlminoChildish_Almino Posts: 4
edited May 10 in General Discussion
I tried out my 7* R2 Quicksilver on Red Hulk for some damage tests and noticed his damage was always different. I know there’s the special 1 trick but even without it, 170 Whiplash from a R2 shouldn’t deal just around 200k damage.

Comments

• Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,229 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Red hulk has physical resistance if I'm not mistaken

Per incinerate on him. 6 max stacks
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Red hulk has physical resistance if I'm not mistaken

Per incinerate on him. 6 max stacks
    I’ve been so lost, thx a lot for clearing it up lol.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,567 ★★★★★
    Wait you can stack more than 50 whisplash while using Quicksilver? I never knew
  • Options
    ThecoregasmThecoregasm Posts: 18
    I also believe quicksilvers damage as a 7 star is bugged. I did some testing of my own and compared to videos online of 5 stars and 6 stars and the 7 star is definitely bugged. I will post some photos I’ve gathered. The 7 star pics are mine, and the 6 star pics are from a video MSD made.

This is the same exact fight in ROL and I had more whiplash than MSD but his 6 star still did way more damage. My 7 star is r2 sig 20.
  • Options
    Here is another fight in ROL. I had 136 whiplash and still only did 13k more damage than I did against winter soldier who only had 76 whiplash. 136 whiplash should be almost double the damage! Something is definitely not right.

• Options
    Here’s pictures of MSD using a 6 star and getting 110k damage from only 30 whiplash.

And here is another fight using my 7 star with 192 whiplash and only getting 180k damage. How can I get 141K with only 76 whiplash, and only 180k with 192 whiplash? The scaling is way off, and there’s no way the 6 star should be dealing more damage with less whiplash.

• Options
    Also just realized this was posted in the general discussions, is there anyway this can get moved to the bugs and known issues section?
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    edited May 10

Here’s pictures of MSD using a 6 star and getting 110k damage from only 30 whiplash.

And here is another fight using my 7 star with 192 whiplash and only getting 180k damage. How can I get 141K with only 76 whiplash, and only 180k with 192 whiplash? The scaling is way off, and there’s no way the 6 star should be dealing more damage with less whiplash.

The actual dmg is probably wayyy more than that, it's just showing that amount because that was the defender's remaining hp. Try detonating whiplashes when that rhino is above 50%, we can verify the dmg with that...

Also, the extent to which you've ramped up a 7* r2/r3 quicksilver here is totally unnecessary lol, an sp2 -> sp1 should be enough imo.

Here's my r1 7* with class disadvantage doing 160k burst with 53 whiplashes (no sp1 detonation btw):

• Options

Wait you can stack more than 50 whisplash while using Quicksilver? I never knew

You gotta use the Special 3 when in terminal velocity to double the max whiplash limit before detonation. Then use the special 2 right under 100 whiplash debuffs to get them this high.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,032 ★★★★
    I personally also think his damage is quite low, but to be honest it’s very good against mystics. I will r2 him for his utility and how cool he is.
  • Options

I personally also think his damage is quite low, but to be honest it’s very good against mystics. I will r2 him for his utility and how cool he is.

I think his damage is great and being a 7 star is definitely gonna cover his shortcomings, we’ve just gotten too used to nukes and value it much more than utility.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,108 ★★★★★
    There are a bunch of different variables here that can impact the red number you see.

First, when you KO the opponent, you don’t see the true total damage done. It stops counting the damage once the opponent is down.

Second, did you have a trauma active during your detonations? That can crank up the damage.

Third, throwing an sp1 while in terminal velocity gives QS increased attack during the special. If the whiplashes detonate during that special, they benefit from that increased attack. This can make a smaller stack do substantially more damage than a larger stack.

Finally, and I think this only really applies to the Red Hulk fight, physical resistance. That Red Hulk’s resistance scales with his heat charges, so you’ll get variable numbers depending on how many he has.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

There are a bunch of different variables here that can impact the red number you see.

First, when you KO the opponent, you don’t see the true total damage done. It stops counting the damage once the opponent is down.

Second, did you have a trauma active during your detonations? That can crank up the damage.

Third, throwing an sp1 while in terminal velocity gives QS increased attack during the special. If the whiplashes detonate during that special, they benefit from that increased attack. This can make a smaller stack do substantially more damage than a larger stack.

Finally, and I think this only really applies to the Red Hulk fight, physical resistance. That Red Hulk’s resistance scales with his heat charges, so you’ll get variable numbers depending on how many he has.

Thank you for that information. I will try that with the sp1 and make sure I have a trauma active.

My only question is why the damage stops counting on this fight, but if I use G2099, and I use her sp3 when they 5%, it shows some crazy number like 5 billion damage? I believe what you’re saying, I’m just wondering if you know why.
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

Thank you for that information. I will try that with the sp1 and make sure I have a trauma active.

My only question is why the damage stops counting on this fight, but if I use G2099, and I use her sp3 when they 5%, it shows some crazy number like 5 billion damage? I believe what you’re saying, I’m just wondering if you know why.
    G2099’s sp3 isn’t red number damage, it’s hit damage. Only red number damage functions like this, although I don’t know why. Basically what it does is if you have 40 whiplashes on your opponent, but you only needed 10 to knock them out, then the number you see is the damage from 10 detonating.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

G2099’s sp3 isn’t red number damage, it’s hit damage. Only red number damage functions like this, although I don’t know why. Basically what it does is if you have 40 whiplashes on your opponent, but you only needed 10 to knock them out, then the number you see is the damage from 10 detonating.
    Ok, that make sense. Thank you.
  • Options
    So I went into Labyrinth and did some more testing and the damage is there. The sp1 trick helps a lot too!

But now there’s something else 😆 maybe it’s just in labyrinth, but can their evade not be altered? I was under the impression that when QS is above 300, he counters all evade, miss, and unstoppable with his slow debuff, but here is starlord evading me while over 300 momentum.

• Options

So I went into Labyrinth and did some more testing and the damage is there. The sp1 trick helps a lot too!

But now there’s something else 😆 maybe it’s just in labyrinth, but can their evade not be altered? I was under the impression that when QS is above 300, he counters all evade, miss, and unstoppable with his slow debuff, but here is starlord evading me while over 300 momentum.

Yeah that’s a Labyrinth specific thing, their evades can’t be messed with in the same way as in other content.