Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,842 ★★★★
    Around 5k from a heavy with 5 reality warps plus the bonus active and a crit. Nothing to exciting. That's the only one I remember but I'm sure it's possible to have higher damage.
    What's bad is he isn't just an average champ he's horrible. I'm sure under certain conditions he can deliver decent damage somewhat similar to storm but until then he's just really bad. Why would you put up 200 hits to have 1 special that delivers a Storm like special then put up another 100 or so hits for another? Some champs are built for attack, defense or utility. His happens to be attack and he's really weak at it 98% of the time. Most of the time a r4 5* is comparable to an average r5 4*. Not only is he weak...he's weaker than an average champ a complete rank below him.
    I realize they all can't be God tier but everyone should be disappointed because we now have another worthless champ in the game taking up space in the roster and decreasing your chance to pull a useful champ to help your progression.
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious I apologize for tagging. But we could really use a response or resolution here. Can you humor us?
  • Themis_xwsthsThemis_xwsths Posts: 225
    I was being sarcastic. No I was not happy i didn't pull a Sentry 0/5 and no one featured. Now I have 2 science gems in my inventory that will rot for a year or two at least until I have 75k+ shards to try for another science featured.

Honestly i would have tried for either void or next month's hulk man. Can't tell about hulk yet but an awakened void seems significally better for longer fignts than sentry.
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    edited January 2018
    Twunt wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious I apologize for tagging. But we could really use a response or resolution here. Can you humor us?

Dude, there is no resolution, he will be in limbo
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    If you were unlucky enough to pull Sentry, he barely qualifies for arena fodder, he won’t be fixed, and would need a huge buff to make up for his mechanics for a specific attack needing to be used.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,155 ★★★
    I noticed no official response from them yet.
    I noticed no official response from them yet.

Noticed that too. The P.R. department is drafting up some excuse.
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 142
    Sentry is not about being skillful as much as it is about his RNG to trigger the bonus damage from each state. The only champ that I can think of that has worse RNG is Green Goblin who, was claimed to be a "power control" champ, has a 40% chance to drain 8% max power from sp1.
    Actually it is simpler than that. Don’t change anything other than the percentages.
    1. Sig ability to carry over RW should be lower.
    2. Percentage to trigger buffs at each state should be 100% based on the fact you have to first get to that combo circulation each time and time your power bar to it. Reason for 100%? You can only use the special once...there isn’t fear of abuse or overpower.
    They are just percentage changes. They could make those changes easier than revamping and redesigning. @Kabam Miike
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558
    damn i have to give allot of you guys credit for coming up with simple ways to correct this under powered character. I've officially given up arguing or making suggestions to them but glad you guys are around
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    No response from kabam. I suppose they are guessing we are eventually gonna get tired of complaining and give up.
  • XstasisXstasis Posts: 50
    No one is going to respond bc simply they don't care about this. They made him this way and didn't tell us specifics so we'd buy into it and then get a **** champion. We were simply kabamed, that's all.
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    I'm an idiot. I spent money on this game at various times and ended up with not one, not two, but three 5* science awakening gems. It nearly pushed me to the edge of quitting. But I didn't. I heard there'd be science champs on the horizon, and they'd be good. Hope is a dangerous thing.

So MODOK comes out and seems interesting. Certainly a strong defender but according to my alliance leader, who heard from others, he was pretty useful for attack as well. But I knew better. There was someone on the horizon watching guard for me. Leaked abilities seemed easy and he'd be fun to control - almost a cross between Dr. Strange and Star Lord. The only thing missing from the description was the percentages, but how bad could they be? He stood there steadfast like a Sentry to protect me from Kabam. But who would protect me from myself?

A spotlight was shown on the character, and people faced him in combat. There was some feedback that was....odd. Aided by Uncollected powers he seemed to be mighty. But as I learned more it seemed his strength could be due too much to chance. No, that can't be it; I've waited too long!

They said to wait. Rumors were mixed and some felt this was less a Goldberg and more of a Gillberg. How could it be true? I could not trust them, they were trying to hold me back! I had so many chances to bring him to my side, and only needed one to work. There was a miss, and a true Taskmaster joined my crew. I tried again but success was Vultured away from me. And finally on the third attempt there he was. Cape flowing and beard beckoning to me. He was made powerful through stones and elements and gold. The mighty Sentry would show them what they didn't believe. That he had the power of a million suns!!!

We entered battle. I failed him. It could only be my fault. My leadership needed to improve. We tried again. More damage. What are these signs that keep changing? So often grey with no effect. Where is your power, my Sentry? The masses cried out. "Weak!!" "Scam!!" "Travesty!!" But above all, "KABAM'd!!!!" But inside I still heard a small whimper. "Why?"

And so we wait. Rumor tells of a partner - another half - to make this one whole. But rumors are what led us here. Will they lead me into glory? Into a light within the darkness? Or will we go deeper once again into the abyss - with the same hope that led us in - daring us to try and climb out? Oh, I'll try. And the reason why? I'm an idiot.

Best post I've read in a while on this forum, I feel for you bro
  • Thalion wrote: »
    Mine is 5* r3. I manage to kill in 463.

That's an interesting data point. If you did a good job of lining up specials with state buffs that's roughly consistent with my earlier guestimate that lining up specials well can boost damage output by about 40%-ish.

What I'm not sure about is what the *optimal* damage chain is for Sentry. One variable I'm not sure about yet is how much better Sentry's damage could be if you manage to heavy-chain at the right time and if that is practical. You have to have approximately one bar of power to be ready to use SP1 in the previous state, and that means you have to be careful about how much power you give the enemy in the second state. But heavy-chaining doesn't give as much power necessarily as using normal attack chains. The damage difference could be pretty high.
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 151
    One of the strongest superheroes in the Marvel universe is one of the weakest in Kabam universe. Shame. I've watched the video and waited those changing icons to glow up but they just stay grey and it doesn't even doesn't seem like 30% chance.
  • Garga wrote: »
    Sentry sould be the more powerful character in the Marvel universe.

The Sentry was always a very problematically written character in the Marvel Universe. "A million exploding suns" is actually just fanciful word salad. The average supernova is *stronger* than what would happen if a million stars the size of our Sun exploded, and the Phoenix can do that effortlessly. Comic book writers suck at this: its like saying the Sentry has a million horsepower.

But even as depicted on average, the Sentry isn't the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe. One of the most physically strong, but not the most powerful. Ghost Rider, for example, as the incarnate spirit of vengeance is technically more powerful, as he can't be defeated by any conventional means within the normal universe however powerful.

In practice, the Sentry is as powerful as the writer wants him to be, and even within canon the Sentry is as powerful as Robert Reynolds subconscious wants him to be, which is usually not the most powerful being in the universe. The Sentry can literally go toe to toe with Galactus today, and then be defeated by Spiderman tomorrow.
    I got my 5* Sentry our of AW to test against WS.

Over 400 hits to defeat WS.
    1. Triggered Absolute Strength once.
    2. Triggered Steadfast Approach 3 times
    3. Triggered Overbearing Light once.
    4. RW at 5 did damage that wasn’t mind blowing.b5vpz4y22vde.png
    dd2h7altrkbl.png
    li5acwp4xgq9.png

In 400 hits, I could use his specials to full potential only a handful of times.
  • So where is Kabam comments on this bugged champ
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 41
    Disappointed, I have being playing this game for almost 2 years , this is my first 5* featured champ and is the biggest disappointment ever. How come blade is more powerful than sentry? He hits like a wet noodle, really is a joke, want my shards back I feel cheated. Or buff him or rework him from scratch
    After more testing, my suggestions are even more relevant.
    1. They really need to let us carry RWs over each fight at lower health thresholds. He isn’t a tough guy. Kind of soft.
    2. They need to have those OL, SA, and AS trigger every time. For short fights, you don’t even get there. For long fights, you end up fighting the majority with weak basic attacks and weak specials. One in five chance to trigger makes Sentry completely unusable.
    3. Now I would agree with the regen. He is soft. He needs a higher regen rate. Initially, I didn’t care about it, but he is really soft.

dd2h7altrkbl.png
    li5acwp4xgq9.png

In 400 hits, I could use his specials to full potential only a handful of times.

Great job testing. What's sad is after 120 hits his L2 isn't as powerful as Storms....thats assuming you get the bonus. He really needs a buff. He's fun to fight with I'll give them that but why would you?
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    DaMunk wrote: »

dd2h7altrkbl.png
    li5acwp4xgq9.png

Great job testing. What's sad is after 120 hits his L2 isn't as powerful as Storms....thats assuming you get the bonus. He really needs a buff. He's fun to fight with I'll give them that but why would you?

Great point about storm. After all this hits and charges he still do LESS damage them storm. I mean cmon kabam that is sad

This discussion has been closed.