Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

Comments

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,165 ★★★
    We can talk about this all we want.

I want to hear comments from Kabam on this
  • ClovaHClovaH Posts: 5

Shame that Sentry was released in such a poor state in this game. I realize for balance not all champs can be amazing, but there's got to be a way to make Sentry not terrible.

A simple answer would be great instead of silence.

"He's not bugged this is how he's supposed to be working."

Or

"Sentry isn't as good as we had wanted, we will look into him in the future."

Or

"Sentry is currently bugged causing his low damage, we're working on a fix."

Something....anything
  • DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    I’m eagerly waiting for an answer
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508
    57735ko22ua0.jpg
  • It's not about "every new champ should be God tier" it's about the fact that sentry is arguably the most powerful hero in the marvel universe and kabam even put it in the quest story that he is powerful beyond measure and then they make him one of, if not the weakest in the game. You are correct though, not every champ should be "all powerful" and a lot of the ones kabam has made that way shouldn't be. I know that people will argue that the game is not the comics, but the characters are based off on the comics and their powers in the game should reflect, at least somewhat, the powers they have in the comics. I know they can't make them exactly like the comics or the game would be very, very one sided as far as champs go but come on. Blade, SE spidey, quake and many others should not be as powerful as they are and sentry should be more powerful than any of them. The fact is sentry, based on his powers should be God tier and if kabam didn't want to have another God tier champ then they shouldn't have added him at all.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,482 ★★★★★
    They use Comics in part, but there are other things that go into making a Champ. It's a game full of Superheroes and Villains. One could make the same argument that any Champ "should" be OP based on their own preference. It's not possible to make them all OP, simply by definition. You couldn't consider them "God Tier" if they were all God Tier. Simply put, balancing a Champ's Abilities is not easy, especially when we have Champs with complex ones like Sentry. Same with Carnage. It's not a simple feat. Any adjustment to one aspect has affects overall. You run the risk of making them too strong. Besides, they also have creative liberties. It's really up to them who they make OP.
  • TAETAE Posts: 8
    I've got it awakened, 5*R3 sig 40... And he is... Well... Useless. He is the weakest champion I have ever used. Sad for one supposed to be among the mightiest heroes in the marvel universe. So disappointing. Kabam doesn't care - as usual. Well. Let's move on - and never trust Kabam anymore.
    Sentry, Rest In Peace. You have been Kabamed.
  • first off: i do like the comics but i dont know every champ from the comics. so im looking at sentry purely from the game perspective.
    for sentry, he has great animations, the system with hitcounter and powerstates is something new. those are the positives.
    on the other hand, champs may decrease in powerlevel over time, new champs coming out being a tad stronger so theres an incentive to use them over the old ones, and of course prestige.
    any new relased champion should aim to be among top midtier of the class hes in, at least. science is on the weaker side of the classes for ages now, an there lays the problem with sentry. he is low among his science comrades and those are mostly arenafodder or maybe on the aw defense with the exception of hulk/quake.
    sentry could have been, from what i know about the comics, a champ that raises science overall power to be on par with the other classes, or at least higher then before.
    while cosmic got some buffs with hyperion/angela/hela/medusa over the last year, mystic/mutant/skill still standing strong and tech got se spidey/doc oc and some others being great in special situations science is on the bottom of the pile. aw is overflowing with mystics again, and the counter to them is a skill champ, great for the skillclass but did kabam realize that it should be science that counters mystic? do they realize that mystic and md got that strong partially because theres little in the science class to counter mystics?
    there are some factors we players look for in a good champion, powercontrol/ability reduction/heal/healblock/stun and of course the ability to get damage done. sentry has a underwhelming heal and nothing of the rest, while his damage is on the low side getting to upper midrange if the stars align and you have the right amount of power if you get lucky and gain the buff. your jumping throu loops to get the damageoutput hulk has anyway.
    sure science has only one champ that can heal but having a heal dosent make sentry good enough to disregard any other category, especially if i can pick ultron/rider/wolverine that can heal too and more reliable with less effort.
    sentry has high prestige that makes him attractive, and a synergy that may raise him to playable powerlevels. but synergys should not be that important, they should make a champ better not an unplayable champ playable.
    sentry suffers from the same problem as ghostrider before bladesynergy, hes unreliable. difference being rider is an allrounder that even tho his abilitys did only proc 80% of the time he still was on the great side. while rider has a chance to proc heal/powerburn/nullify ect sentry only procs more damage and that even with less chance.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 417 ★★
    They use Comics in part, but there are other things that go into making a Champ. It's a game full of Superheroes and Villains. One could make the same argument that any Champ "should" be OP based on their own preference. It's not possible to make them all OP, simply by definition. You couldn't consider them "God Tier" if they were all God Tier. Simply put, balancing a Champ's Abilities is not easy, especially when we have Champs with complex ones like Sentry. Same with Carnage. It's not a simple feat. Any adjustment to one aspect has affects overall. You run the risk of making them too strong. Besides, they also have creative liberties. It's really up to them who they make OP.

There is a clear difference of having some use in the game and just being worthless, with Sentry we see that difference

There is a clear difference of having some use in the game and just being worthless, with Sentry we see that difference

Perhaps. Perhaps not. We haven't seen the Void Synergy yet.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711
    edited January 2018

50% extra in a wet noodle is a hot noodle

Which is still a noodle quite disappointed kabam but then again I wanted void more then sentry.

I feel sorry for those people that actually got him

50% extra in a wet noodle is a hot noodle

Which is still a noodle quite disappointed kabam but then again I wanted void more then sentry.

I feel sorry for those people that actually got him

The point I'm making is we don't know if the Synergy will boost utility or not. The Hela Synergy packed a punch, and even after the adjustment Loki does a great deal more than he used to. Given the fact that Void is born of Sentry, it's possible it will be a good one. They may have created him on the light side to avoid the Synergy becoming too much, as was the case recently. We won't know until Void is released. Just pointing out possibilities is all. Could just be that he's not meant to be that OP. That's entirely up to the design team. We're not going to have every Champ on the Top Tier, and it's one Champ out of over a hundred. People would care alot less if he wasn't Science.
  • I knew better than to post something because groundedwisdom would argue anything. If someone said water was wet he would argue with them and get his facts wrong just as he did on my comment. It has nothing to do with my preference on who should be God tier as I stated. I said that it should be based on their powers. I also said that their are some in the game that shouldn't be as powerful as they are. If they don't follow the comics at all then hey maybe they can just start giving anyone they add whatever powers they want. Like, maybe aunt may could be added and have the ability to shoot fire from her eyes and have constant invincibility and be the top champ in the game. Would make perfect sense since they can give anyone whatever powers they want. So, now go ahead groundedwisdom read through my post and find something to argue about. I do have to say that reading through the forums you do give me a laugh because it's funny how almost every post you make gets torn to shreds and people are begging for you to be removed from the forums. Not because you have a different opinion but because your opinions make no sense and you have nothing to back them up.
  • Oh, and he could be any class from cosmic to mystic and any in between and people would still be upset. No one is arguing that every champ needs to be on the top tier ,even though that seems to be the only argument that you can come up with. Its not about every champ being top tier its about the right champs being top tier.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558
    This champ has no function in aq or aw. Questing he’ll be used for the first act maybe but after that collecting dust
  • MatinMatin Posts: 17
    Twunt wrote: »
    I got my 5* Sentry our of AW to test against WS.

Over 400 hits to defeat WS.
    1. Triggered Absolute Strength once.
    2. Triggered Steadfast Approach 3 times
    3. Triggered Overbearing Light once.
    4. RW at 5 did damage that wasn’t mind blowing.b5vpz4y22vde.png
    dd2h7altrkbl.png
    li5acwp4xgq9.png

In 400 hits, I could use his specials to full potential only a handful of times.

Any answers to this "long Fight" @Kabam Miike ?
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 41
    Kabam is saying the truth, He is for longer fights , it takes 800 hits to kill WS so definitely makes it long
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    Logan00 wrote: »
    Kabam is saying the truth, He is for longer fights , it takes 800 hits to kill WS so definitely makes it long

dude i LOL very hard here
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    I don’t want to glaze over the fact Sentry has fury and armor break. Not significant damage increasers.
  • ArchArch Posts: 10
    Pretty simple the game team failed us yet again. Then they think we are crazy for not liking what they made.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    In reference to his synergy with Void, no new champ should be designed to function well only when combined with another new champ. They’ve used this manner to make some old champs more effective, but feature champs are too rare and luck-based to require a player to get two back-to-back in order to make them have in-game competitive value.
  • I have a r4 sentry and have been using him relentlessly. I think a few minor tweaks and he can be the marvel champ he is portrayed to be in the comics.
    1. If his states were similar to gr as far as % on proc
    -no sense in having a champ that can only work once in a while... even map6 fights are not long enough to ramp this ability.
    2. All debuffs over time have a 50% shorter timer
    -shouldn’t need to explain why this would be realistic
    3. All reality warps are burned up for regen(same as Phoenix)
    -not much sense in being able to carry over nothing if you can’t get to your % health... considering your fights probably won’t make it to 5 sp3’s
    4. Counter to md apply the same passive as she-hulk
    - if he is a god like character give him something extra

Perhaps making alterations to some of the passives to apply some of these changes would be accepted as long as we find him to be a useful tool in the box.
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 828 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    If the champion has a "bug" or "ability" that is not "working as intended" the fix is within hours or days. Anything else takes forever, Quake was nerfed 4 days after released, same as GR (his % of procs was higher at the very start of his debut) rogue, the entire 12.0 debacle (still am perplexed mag's bleed was downgrated and ultron's critical rate was reduced btw)

Yet Hulk, Pun, WS are great examples of making champs WAY better but not god-tier or game breaking. Carnage and Sentry being so extremely popular should be great champs, no amount of free items can compasate for the constant erratic game design of some of these champions.
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 828 ★★★★
    For the love of god, don't mess up Sabretooth. There is no 5* wolverine, just make him like him with his 2x regen when duped and some fury and we are good.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 417 ★★
    Matin wrote: »
    Twunt wrote: »
    I got my 5* Sentry our of AW to test against WS.

Over 400 hits to defeat WS.
    1. Triggered Absolute Strength once.
    2. Triggered Steadfast Approach 3 times
    3. Triggered Overbearing Light once.
    4. RW at 5 did damage that wasn’t mind blowing.b5vpz4y22vde.png
    dd2h7altrkbl.png
    li5acwp4xgq9.png

In 400 hits, I could use his specials to full potential only a handful of times.

Any answers to this "long Fight" @Kabam Miike ?

Kabam Mike had said it takes momentum, didn’t know momentum meant a 400 hit combo
    Oh, and he could be any class from cosmic to mystic and any in between and people would still be upset. No one is arguing that every champ needs to be on the top tier ,even though that seems to be the only argument that you can come up with. Its not about every champ being top tier its about the right champs being top tier.

The game doesn't follow the Comics completely. It's just one source they draw from. It's not our choice who becomes Top Tier and who doesn't. That's the Dev Team. It's impossible to base everything on the Comics within the framework of this game.
  • Absolute joke. Hopefully one day we all quit and play something better with a developer that actually promises and delivers. You said he is powerful so make him. At least decent.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 326 ★★★
    Oh, and he could be any class from cosmic to mystic and any in between and people would still be upset. No one is arguing that every champ needs to be on the top tier ,even though that seems to be the only argument that you can come up with. Its not about every champ being top tier its about the right champs being top tier.

The game doesn't follow the Comics completely. It's just one source they draw from. It's not our choice who becomes Top Tier and who doesn't. That's the Dev Team. It's impossible to base everything on the Comics within the framework of this game.

"The power of a thousand exploding suns" kabam's words, he doesn't have that power in game, not even close you are wrong grounded.
This discussion has been closed.