Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,468 ★★★★★
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    Oh, and he could be any class from cosmic to mystic and any in between and people would still be upset. No one is arguing that every champ needs to be on the top tier ,even though that seems to be the only argument that you can come up with. Its not about every champ being top tier its about the right champs being top tier.

The game doesn't follow the Comics completely. It's just one source they draw from. It's not our choice who becomes Top Tier and who doesn't. That's the Dev Team. It's impossible to base everything on the Comics within the framework of this game.

"The power of a thousand exploding suns" kabam's words, he doesn't have that power in game, not even close you are wrong grounded.

Pretty sure every Champ released has an amped up Bio and Introduction. That doesn't mean they all join the Top Tier.
  • Garga wrote: »
    Sentry sould be the more powerful character in the Marvel universe. The state of mind should be one on top of the other one, if Sentry n entering in the first state of mind, but I got the L2/L3 ready, how can I do the L1? 30% is ridiculous... at least the 30% should be multiplacated by the reality warp. @Kabam Miike

That's not the problem, with a bit of attention you can match the power meter with the current state since the state follow a certain order. The real problem with sentry is that his base damage is too bad and his mind states only activates once a life time.

If you watch the video you can notice that he activated his first state after 10 hits and the second one after 170 hits. He's really too unreliable.
    His abilities should work differently and increase his base attack as well and the special boost should only be an extra and have a higher probability on entering them.
  • Oh, and he could be any class from cosmic to mystic and any in between and people would still be upset. No one is arguing that every champ needs to be on the top tier ,even though that seems to be the only argument that you can come up with. Its not about every champ being top tier its about the right champs being top tier.

The game doesn't follow the Comics completely. It's just one source they draw from. It's not our choice who becomes Top Tier and who doesn't. That's the Dev Team. It's impossible to base everything on the Comics within the framework of this game.

Did anyone say that they need to follow the comics completely? No. Can you tell me what other sources are that they draw from, because last time I checked the comics are the only place a lot of these characters can be found. Yes, some are in movies but not all. I also said in an earlier post that I know they can't follow the comics completely so now you are just repeating what has already been said and really have no viable argument at all. Almost sounds like from most of your post that the only thing you are trying to do is suck up to the mods in hopes of becoming one. God help us all if that happens.
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    I'm sure sentry is bugged, but to fix him, it'd take a game update which kabam can't release right now because they are still negotiating the new rules of apple store, since they don't know when the negotiations will end, they can't give us ETA, but at least they should say something.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    Oh, and he could be any class from cosmic to mystic and any in between and people would still be upset. No one is arguing that every champ needs to be on the top tier ,even though that seems to be the only argument that you can come up with. Its not about every champ being top tier its about the right champs being top tier.

"The power of a thousand exploding suns" kabam's words, he doesn't have that power in game, not even close you are wrong grounded.

He has the power of 2 120 watt lightbulbs
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 174
    Apache wrote: »
    He has the power of 2 120 watt lightbulbs

Only those energy saving ones.
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 41
    Now they are saying Void will be god tier, no way I am going for another science even if he is the one above all
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,842 ★★★★
    Logan00 wrote: »
    Now they are saying Void will be god tier, no way I am going for another science even if he is the one above all

Hard to say how Void will be when we can actually play him. Looks like they nerfed him a little prior to release. He will still be better than Sentry but just showing up can do that.

Wouldn’t be surprised. Oh well getting screwed is just the norm in this game lol
    Well the real Moderaters (Not the wannabe) have been closing or moving threads. Haven't seen a real response why they released such a horrible champ.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 416 ★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Well the real Moderaters (Not the wannabe) have been closing or moving threads. Haven't seen a real response why they released such a horrible champ.

They had time to post some new Sentry wallpaper on Twitter today
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,065 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    " When Sentry loses his Combo, he has an X% chance to become Indestructible for 0.3 seconds per Reality Warp. Indestructible doesn’t trigger if Sentry is afflicted with a Debuff.

- At the start of a fight, if Health is above X%, Reality Warps persist with Sentry from the previous fight
    ."

Two questions, please dear moderators:

1 - What does indestructible mean? Is this Luke Cage 'actual' indestructible (don't take damage at all, but can still get hit), or Phoenix 'can't be struck, but keep taking damage over time' indestructible?
    I presume the latter, since that way he can automatically regain his combo; which is the way you suggest this is supposed to be helpful.

2 - Is there a typo in the second ability quoted above? Surely to retain his reality warps, Sentry's health should be above a certain% of health at the end of a fight, not the beginning?
    That would suggest an actual superpower rewarding skilled play, rather than just meaning 'pay healing potions for power boost'?
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    @Magrailothos I have learned that the indestructible ability is meaningless. Doesn’t do anything in the fight. You are correct about the retaining of RWs to encourage healing. It is fine the way it is but the percentage is too high.
    When is void release?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,468 ★★★★★
    When is void release?

Hasn't been announced but a good guess would be next week sometime. (18th).....
    Unless we pull a rabbit out of a hat and they run The Collector XD
    I have faith he will be buffed

He either needs buffed or removed from the game. Pulling him is an actual punishment.
  • CorpsmanCorpsman Posts: 54

Same was said about carnage, he’s a beast now right?
    I am afraid he will be making company to my hulkbuster, although HB has more utility as a defender, Sentry has 0 utility
    I wonder what marvel thinks about kabam having absolutely no compromise with their characters.
    Tsunani wrote: »
    I wonder what marvel thinks about kabam having absolutely no compromise with their characters.

I’m sure they don’t care lol
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    edited January 2018
    All the ancient/useless/weak champs in the game need at least a minimum buff, it's long overdue... when was the last time ? When they got hulk punisher etc a new moveset ? Seems like an eternity ago.
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    g5occpub1xzc.jpeg
    I’m fairly sure this person used sentry right and it seems a two star Star Lord packs a mightier punch. Why are you lying and saying sentry can be a strong champ if used right? Once every 200 hits he can trigger his ability and hit a 30k special. Save your shards, units, and money. Pass on void too cause he’ll be just as bad.
    And people were complaining about Thor Rags damage but he’s actually really strong. Especially when duped and paired with Hulk. His third special is weak against low health champions but against massive health champs(LoL or Boss fights) it can take up to 20% of max health off. Then keep attacking, stack some shocks, and obviously if your power meter recharged immediately unleash sp3 again or go for sp2. He’s solid and inhibits abilities too.
    Also I saw someone comment that Sentry’s regen is enhanced by reality warps. It is not since it only consumes one reality warp per sp3. So unless you can release five sp3 in a row he ain’t healing much
    Now if the reality warps acted as a multiplier for fury armour break and regen then he will be good. Otherwise he is broken now
    Aliab wrote: »
    g5occpub1xzc.jpeg
    I’m fairly sure this person used sentry right and it seems a two star Star Lord packs a mightier punch. Why are you lying and saying sentry can be a strong champ if used right? Once every 200 hits he can trigger his ability and hit a 30k special. Save your shards, units, and money. Pass on void too cause he’ll be just as bad.

Oh so that's the explanation. He's a 2* cosplaying a 5*
    Well Kabam officially replied with they won’t be making changes to him. Nice try everyone but we knew that would be the answer
This discussion has been closed.