Any recommendations on playin on a new iPhone 15

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Member Posts: 1,585 ★★★★
First time playing the game on a new iPhone 15. Inputs seem laggy and you really need to press hard. Was fine on a old mini for years. Any settings or is anyone else having to push the screen a lot harder for inputs?

Comments

• PenzitoPenzito Member Posts: 71
    I struggled the first few days with movements all over the place. Under motion turned reduced motion on, don't have the option for limited frame rate that some do, maybe the 15 pros. Then under touch I turned haptic touch to slow. Not really it is doing anything or just placebo. Still the odd mess ups but seems like its better now, unless it's just getting familiar with the device
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★
    I have the opposite problem, whenever I move my finger a centimeter towards the right side of my screen my character tries to dash attack. Very inconvenient
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★
    Penzito said:

I struggled the first few days with movements all over the place. Under motion turned reduced motion on, don't have the option for limited frame rate that some do, maybe the 15 pros. Then under touch I turned haptic touch to slow. Not really it is doing anything or just placebo. Still the odd mess ups but seems like its better now, unless it's just getting familiar with the device

Where did you do this? I can’t find it in ingame settings and when I went to the app in iPhone settings I didn’t see anything like this
  • PenzitoPenzito Member Posts: 71

Penzito said:

Where did you do this? I can’t find it in ingame settings and when I went to the app in iPhone settings I didn’t see anything like this
    Both are located under Accessibility in Iphone settings
  • DevilsClaw_1991DevilsClaw_1991 Member Posts: 15

I have the opposite problem, whenever I move my finger a centimeter towards the right side of my screen my character tries to dash attack. Very inconvenient

Got the same problem with an iPhone 15 Pro Max. Also got many lag issues or sudden freezing of the game for a second. Usually whenever it is to my disadvantage.

• RDR2JammyRDR2Jammy Member Posts: 43
    As screens get bigger so does the DPI (Dots Per Inch) which means inputs get less and less precise as you move onto said bigger screens and better phones because MCOC has to currently be available for those with the decade old phone, the IPhone 6S which has a 4.7 inch screen and 326 DPI, this is the same version of the game players on the iPhone 15 Pro Max are playing where they have a 6.7 inch screen and 460 DPI which is quite the big difference when it comes to the precision of inputs on a phone screen.
  • DevilsClaw_1991DevilsClaw_1991 Member Posts: 15
    RDR2Jammy said:

As screens get bigger so does the DPI (Dots Per Inch) which means inputs get less and less precise as you move onto said bigger screens and better phones because MCOC has to currently be available for those with the decade old phone, the IPhone 6S which has a 4.7 inch screen and 326 DPI, this is the same version of the game players on the iPhone 15 Pro Max are playing where they have a 6.7 inch screen and 460 DPI which is quite the big difference when it comes to the precision of inputs on a phone screen.

That is interesting. I'm switching between my iPad 11'' and the Pro max quite regularly and feel like the iPad performance and hit detection is way better.
  • Tempest_024Tempest_024 Member Posts: 107
    I have an iphone 15 and don't have any input issues and lag, other than the normal. Switched from an 11 pro in December and didn't notice a performance difference.
  • HugeBeanHugeBean Member Posts: 24
    Switched to iPhone 15 pro Constant input issues. Random dashes forward. Blocks not registering. Last hit in a combo not registering. Heavies not registering. Was having some similar issues with 13pro, mainly just the random dashes. Now it is 10 times worse on the 15pro. Mainly in BGs and AW. Almost never in AQ and EQ. Which is weird, unless Kabam purposely changes the input settings behind the scenes for different modes. I wonder if Miike and Jax signed non-disclosures....
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    Sorry to slightly necro a thread. But I just got an iPhone 15 about a week ago and have some input on my experience.

Was having pretty much all of these issues.
    Not saying this is the issue for everyone or will work for everyone, but for me, it was definitely me just not being used to the device.

I found what I was doing, was holding the phone in a way that my hands were sometimes touching the edge or edges of the screen.

I started just lightly resting the phone on my fingers and the issues have pretty much stopped.

Another thing I noticed I was doing was hitting that little black camera area o the screen by mistake to block and it wasn’t registering. So stopped doing that.

Again, not saying this is the cause of problem for everyone, but hopefully helps some people where it is the cause.
    I guess forget what I said because issues suddenly came back for me. Or try it, as it was working for me for a couple of days.

Just trying something else now that seems to be working if someone else with an iPhone 15 wants to test as well, but could be that the issue itself just comes and goes.

Basically treat your screen like it’s right-shifted.
    So for block/parry/swipeback, use almost the middle of the screen.
    For attack, use the VERY far right of the screen.
    This one hasn’t failed me yet, but will see.

Would be nice to get others to test and see if it works for them as well.
    More testing.
    I think the issue is the “dynamic island” feature on newer iPhones.
    Game probably needs an update so dynamic island doesn’t block inputs.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,081 ★★★★
    Did you not hear? If you play on that model you can get banned, mcoc anti-cheat algorithms detects that device as a mod device for some reason and it will permanently ban you. If you haven't been banned already, I'd say don't log onto your account until they fix the problem. Best of luck
    Dint get sent
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 114
    Don't press on the screen to hard
    🤣