Top Five 7* Attackers (besides Juggernaut)

PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,296 ★★★★★

Looking at just attacker value alone in BGs, who would be your top 5? It can be out of order or in order

Some champs to consider:
Hyperion
Guardian
Spider Ham
Hulk
Titania
Mantis
Venom
Silk
Sunspot
Crossbones

Comments

• Unknown5557Unknown5557 Posts: 11
    Shang chi, Gamora
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 4,052 ★★★★★
    edited July 14
    Silk,venom, hulk, mantis, sunspot in that order

I do have a Shang chi r3 and don't use him as much as I thought I would in BG, but almost always select my r3 venom and Silk
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,296 ★★★★★

I do have a Shang chi r3 and don't use him as much as I thought I would in BG, but almost always select my r3 venom and Silk

Silk is an intereresting one, she might be number 1 from science since Spider Ham needs good rng on the poppers (50% chance to inflict them, also if they throw sp1 instead of sp2 his power stings arent as potent) or if the AI is passive and the poppers expire, whereas Silk is only crit reliant on the sp2 (but maybe r3 can make up for when she doesnt crit)
    Polygon said:

Silk is an intereresting one, she might be number 1 from science since Spider Ham needs good rng on the poppers (50% chance to inflict them, also if they throw sp1 instead of sp2 his power stings arent as potent) or if the AI is passive and the poppers expire, whereas Silk is only crit reliant on the sp2 (but maybe r3 can make up for when she doesnt crit)
    I like Silk because I don't have to worry about dexxing a special. She's just an easy flow champ for me with high, quick damage.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 3,320 ★★★★★
    I don’t think there’s a way I could make a top 5. A lot of these champs can take a ton of matchups quickly and efficiently

I’d throw out Kushala, Chavez, Werewolf, Sunspot, Mantis, Pig, Silk, Hulk, all the ones you listed and more. Most of these are insanely versatile and fantastic attackers
  • Lemon_Man44Lemon_Man44 Posts: 242 ★★★
    Deathless guilly with good crit rng
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,787 ★★★★★
    Juggernaut, Kushala, Werewolf, Sunspot, Mantis, Silk, Titania
    Emilia90 said:

I don’t think there’s a way I could make a top 5. A lot of these champs can take a ton of matchups quickly and efficiently

I’d throw out Kushala, Chavez, Werewolf, Sunspot, Mantis, Pig, Silk, Hulk, all the ones you listed and more. Most of these are insanely versatile and fantastic attackers

Fair enough, could do it by class but that would be too easy imo.

Alternatively to make it easier you can look at it in 2 different ways.

1) the quickest/fastest. For example, the least amount of powers of bar spent or rampup. Like Guardian needs 1 sp1 then 1 sp2 so 3 total bars of power. Same with sunspot (though he gains power slightly faster). Mantis needs 2 bars of power but has to ramp up her charges etc.

2) the number of defenders they can take. For example,Sunspot might be the fastest, but the number of meta defenders he can take would be 1 of the least compared to everyone else. Whereas like Spam,Titania, Mantis , Silk could take a lot and still with a respectable time.

• SamanunSamanun Posts: 690 ★★★
    Kushala, Wolf, Hulk, Titania, Chavez, not to sure about wolf since i dont have him but from what i’ve seen he seems to be one of the most versatile bg’s champs
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 5,319 ★★★★★
    That's kinda hard, we'd have to split it in two categories: damage and utility.

Damage: Juggs, Sunspot, Hulk, Silk, Mantis and Starky tied on 5th place.
    Utility: Kushala, Red Skull, Titania, Guardian, Chavez and Xbones tied on 5th place.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 488 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Looking at just attacker value alone in BGs, who would be your top 5? It can be out of order or in order

Some champs to consider:
    Hyperion
    Guardian
    Spider Ham
    Hulk
    Titania
    Mantis
    Venom
    Silk
    Sunspot
    Crossbones

You cannot rank them up just like that. Gamora claps onslaughts and other defenders in less than 40 seconds, but no one seems to know this.
    007Bishop said:

Polygon said:

Some champs to consider:
    Hyperion
    Guardian
    Spider Ham
    Hulk
    Titania
    Mantis
    Venom
    Silk
    Sunspot
    Crossbones

You cannot rank them up just like that. Gamora claps onslaughts and other defenders in less than 40 seconds, but no one seems to know this.
    1. He said some champs to consider not only champs to consider.
    2. Gamora has virtually no utility other than that miss counter and she needs 8 buffs to even use it.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,677 ★★★★★
    Are my 5 (6 not including juggernaut) current r3s the top 5? Probably not but I wouldn't change them, Sunspot, Dani, Wiccan, Black panther and Quicksilver, plus mysterios there too. But I'm not sure where he'd rank in my r3s
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 549 ★★★
    Chavez number 1 mystic attacker I ban every r3 Chavez I see not just cause I don't have her but she’s not as easy to shut down as jugs is or other meta attackers
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,370 ★★★★★
    Gamora should be on the list.

Also Elsa. Mine is rank 3.
    edited July 14
    Polygon said:

Emilia90 said:

Fair enough, could do it by class but that would be too easy imo.

Alternatively to make it easier you can look at it in 2 different ways.

1) the quickest/fastest. For example, the least amount of powers of bar spent or rampup. Like Guardian needs 1 sp1 then 1 sp2 so 3 total bars of power. Same with sunspot (though he gains power slightly faster). Mantis needs 2 bars of power but has to ramp up her charges etc.

2) the number of defenders they can take. For example,Sunspot might be the fastest, but the number of meta defenders he can take would be 1 of the least compared to everyone else. Whereas like Spam,Titania, Mantis , Silk could take a lot and still with a respectable time.

Sunspot is one of the most versatile attackers, especially for more meta defenders than Spam and Silk imo. He’s one of the best serpent counters that’s not mystic, he’s a great bullseye counter, I’ve seen him clap everything from photon to Sassy as well too

I think people underestimate sunspot and don’t realize how much he’s good for. He has PB and a ton of power gain and damage which makes him great for pretty much everything. Trappy had a great vid on how to consistently take bullseye with him in under 40 seconds with over 95% health. Same goes with serpent
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    Fastest/biggest damage are usually:

Venom
    Hulk
    Chavez
    Sunspot
    Shang
    Juggs

Chavez number 1 mystic attacker I ban every r3 Chavez I see not just cause I don't have her but she’s not as easy to shut down as jugs is or other meta attackers

I dont think Chavez comes close to Juggs. She needs them to either have buffs inherently as part of their kit or have buffs be part of the nodes. Good champ but in generic matchups without buffs i dont think shes even on the level of sunspot, mantis, spam, silk etc
    Polygon said:

I dont think Chavez comes close to Juggs. She needs them to either have buffs inherently as part of their kit or have buffs be part of the nodes. Good champ but in generic matchups without buffs i dont think shes even on the level of sunspot, mantis, spam, silk etc
    This isn’t true. She hits like a truck even when there’s zero buffs and she has access to regen, stun on heavy, massive power gain, and she’s great for matchups that Juggs can’t take. Her power control is unmatched for matches like serpent but she’s easily a top attacker regardless
    @Emilia90 @BeastDad @ItsClobberinTime you guys mentioned Hulk but isnt he RNG reliant on the furies , like being in gamma mode while youre at 2 bars? As otherwise the sp3 rotation takes longer (better off using Titania at that point). Silk/Spam should be a quicker nuke than Hulk right?
    edited July 14
    Polygon said:

@Emilia90 @BeastDad @ItsClobberinTime you guys mentioned Hulk but isnt he RNG reliant on the furies , like being in gamma mode while youre at 2 bars? As otherwise the sp3 rotation takes longer (better off using Titania at that point). Silk/Spam should be a quicker nuke than Hulk right?

When I use Hulk (which is often), I go for the sp1 spam rotation for stun lock for most opponents. It works against most champs.

Polygon said:

When I use Hulk (which is often), I go for the sp1 spam rotation for stun lock for most opponents. It works against most champs.
    Just confirming thats for BGs right? How fast do you usually finish fights?
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Posts: 385 ★★★
    Polygon said:

I think Chavez is crit reliant not buff reliant
    On opponents with buffs she crits ALOTT more for some reason.
    Without buffs she hits hard when you have your dimensions but she's somewhat dependent on those final crits.
    I feel against a normal champ an Sp2 should most likely finish it especially if she crits but against anyone with buffs you'd get them down so much that the sp2 would most likely be a huge overkill
    Either way she's a very great attacker
  • SamanunSamanun Posts: 690 ★★★
    Polygon said:

You don't need to be in gamma when you reach two bars you hardly even need furys when using hulk he hits ridiculously hard even with like 4 of them
    Polygon said:

Not necessarily, you can either sp1 spam the whole fight, or get to 2.5 bars and go for sp2 without gamma mode, or trigger gamma with heavy at 2.5 bars and then drop sp2. If your Hulk is r3 they'll probably be dead after sp2 whether you're in Gamma mode or not, I'm pretty sure even at r2 they'd be dead after the first stun so.
    edited July 14
    Polygon said:

She actually can be pretty close to that level, she just needs at least one awakening and you have to get her three dimensions up early on which isn't hard it time consuming since she gains almost all the power back after a sp1. She won't be at the same level as Silk and those but very very close, my r2 can deal 330k damage in 35 secs.

Polygon said:

She actually can be pretty close to that level, she just needs at least one awakening and you have to get her three dimensions up early on which isn't hard it time consuming since she gains almost all the power back after a sp1. She won't be at the same level as Silk and those but very very close, my r2 can deal 330k damage in 35 secs.
    Hmm that could be why as mine is unduped. Not sure how often the crits on sp2 are like @JAYIRI said. But 1 thing im curious is if shes faster than the Wolf for non buff heavy matchups. At r3 for most matches, if he doesnt need a 2nd sp2, he can be really fast. Maybe not as fast as Chavez, but she takes like twice as many matchups as her. Can argue that he needs the r3 more than her based on having to build to another sp2 if the fight isnt over