**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

PHC is a joke

The phc should be named the 2* crystal with a rare chance at a 3*. I opened a ton of them this weekend and got 1 3*. I have not gotten a 4* from one in almost a year. Thus crystal is really a joke and a waste of time.

Comments

• BmoreWilsonBmoreWilson Posts: 48
    It’s ok. I went from September- December without a 4* out of PHC
  • bearedguybearedguy Posts: 5
    I got 1 in early 2017 and have not even been close since. It's a joke
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    bearedguy wrote: »
    The phc should be named the 2* crystal with a rare chance at a 3*. I opened a ton of them this weekend and got 1 3*. I have not gotten a 4* from one in almost a year. Thus crystal is really a joke and a waste of time.

The majority of the community has already accepted them as 2* crystals!!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I got one a couple days ago. Can I keep mine called the premium crystal that guarantees a 2* with a rare chance of 3 and 4*?

By the way it’s a very original concept to say that it should be changed to the 2* crystal. I definitely haven’t heard that one before.
  • StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    Odds are usually garbage, but they are still odds. I went 5 months with 1 pull, then found Stark Spidey, Sentry, Colossus (urgh) and an Elektra dupe in 1 month. Random Chance at its finest.
  • TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    Yeah the odds are against us opening phc's. But I've gotten some of my best 4*'s from them including Star Lord. Get over it or save your units for something else.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    No one cares about premiums lol.
    I don't spend units on phcs. I learned that lesson a long time ago. I was just stating facts from my experiences with the crystal.
    So this got tagged as spam. That's funny. I guess people can't handle that I have an opinion based on my experience with this game
    DrZola wrote: »
    The issue isn’t really the PHC for veteran players—rather, it’s that PHC shards are still the predominant reward currency for most of our events. I would welcome PHC shards becoming more fungible. For example, let 2000 PHC shards become a certain amount of 3* shards, or let us sell them for gold or loyalty or some other currency. Nothing too valuable, like 4* shards or pots, but something other than a spin on the 2* champ wheel.

Dr. Zola

Well said and Im counting on this so much!
    Its a question of time before we can trade lower crystal shared for higher value in my opinion!
    Im currently at 840K shared with PHC and still farming, I have no plans on opening any of them until the next big crystal change! (hoping there is one)
    Im expecting 420 2* champs anyway, no rush opening them! :)

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Let me share a real joke with you...

Why can't 5* crystals see?
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    A phc is the only way opening a champ like carnage or Luke cage as a 4* can be exciting

Wow I didn't think anyone could have a positive point of view on PHC's. Well done.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    WhatRYou wrote: »

^^Seconded^^

It is basically how I get 3* shards. To get 4* shards...to get a 4*. Besides, you only need to dupe 1369 2* to get a 4*! That’s only about...hmmmm 2,738,000 PHC shards. Quick and easy way to get ONE 4* 😁👍🏼
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    @Primmer79 why not?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    @Hammerbro_64

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO VISION

@NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE
    WhatRYou wrote: »

^^Seconded^^

It is basically how I get 3* shards. To get 4* shards...to get a 4*. Besides, you only need to dupe 1369 2* to get a 4*! That’s only about...hmmmm 2,738,000 PHC shards. Quick and easy way to get ONE 4* 😁👍🏼

Don't forget the max sig crystals but yeah, that sounds about right!!! :) LOL

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    i opened

150..PHC and not get a single 4*

wana cry me a river aswell?
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    i opened

150..PHC and not get a single 4*

wana cry me a river aswell?

Yes. 😭😭😭😭😭

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Its funny because after reading this I opened 10 PHCs in 2 sets of 5. First 5, all 2*s. Second 5, 3 2*s, 3* Guillotine and 4* Punisher 2099. Most the time I get nothing, but sometimes its just like that second bunch of PHCs...
  • BasicChampBasicChamp Posts: 97
    Funny, I was opening 4* left and right this January. I think over 5x 4*.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I was once hit by a long dry drought (a few months) that my PHC did not pull a single 4* champ. I'm an active arena grinder, so I have plenty of PHC to open each week. Recently a few 4* champs popped up once awhile from PHC again, glad that the dry drought has ended.

After opening many hundreds of PHC crystals, I have only 2 things to count on it ....
    1) to get max sig crystal from my max out 2 star champs, so I can save up few hundreds of max sig crystal for my hunt for immortal ironfeet
    2) to earn extra class iso from every dup 2 star champs, since I regularly need plenty of iso for regular level-up & rank-up

With the ~1% drop-rate, it is better I earn solid 4* crystal to guarantee solid 4* opening, or grind my 4* basic arena to ensure I get who I want. Of course this means time & effort spent.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    The phc should be named the 2* crystal with a rare chance at a 3*.

Isn't that what it says in the description?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    shchong2 wrote: »
    After opening many hundreds of PHC crystals, I have only 2 things to count on it ....
    1) to get max sig crystal from my max out 2 star champs, so I can save up few hundreds of max sig crystal for my hunt for immortal ironfeet
    2) to earn extra class iso from every dup 2 star champs, since I regularly need plenty of iso for regular level-up & rank-up

You also get 3* and 4* shards which do add up.

The PHC is a kind of progress-based reward that gets more valuable the longer you play, in absolute (if not relative) terms. It works like this. Most of the time you're going to get a 2* champion, with an infrequent chance at a 3* (about one in ten or so) and a rare chance at a 4* (about one in 120 or so).

When you get the 2*, initially that's all you get. But once you have the 2* you start to dup the 2* champions and get 3* shards. Duping gives you 55 shards initially, and then once the 2* is maxed out you start getting max sig crystals that usually generate another 55 shards.

That means when the PHC drops a 2*, you start of getting nothing but that. Then as you progress and fill out your 2* roster you start getting about 55 shards per 2* drop, and then eventually 110 shards per 2* drop. That means every 2* drop also comes with about 1/36 3* champions, and then eventually 1/18 3* champions. And ditto the 3* champions. They start off adding to your 3* roster, then they start generating 55 shards per dup, then eventually about 110 shards per max dup. That means every 3* drop eventually also drops the equivalent of 1/18 4* champions.

Eventually, out of every 250 openings or so you will be getting about two 4* champions as drops, and also about 223 2* champions and 25 3* champions. Those 2* champions will generate enough shards for another 12 3* champions for a total of 37. That can generate an additional 4070 4* shards or another two 4* champion crystals.

In terms of both random drops and the average number of shards they generate, the PHC actually generates a 4* champion about once in 62 openings under the best case scenario of a player having basically all their 2* and 3* roster max signature. That's actually not bad, and the value of the PHC grows as players' roster fills in, so it in effect rewards players who progress in the game and/or play a lot.
  • nascminascmi Posts: 24
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    shchong2 wrote: »

You also get 3* and 4* shards which do add up.

The PHC is a kind of progress-based reward that gets more valuable the longer you play, in absolute (if not relative) terms. It works like this. Most of the time you're going to get a 2* champion, with an infrequent chance at a 3* (about one in ten or so) and a rare chance at a 4* (about one in 120 or so).

When you get the 2*, initially that's all you get. But once you have the 2* you start to dup the 2* champions and get 3* shards. Duping gives you 55 shards initially, and then once the 2* is maxed out you start getting max sig crystals that usually generate another 55 shards.

That means when the PHC drops a 2*, you start of getting nothing but that. Then as you progress and fill out your 2* roster you start getting about 55 shards per 2* drop, and then eventually 110 shards per 2* drop. That means every 2* drop also comes with about 1/36 3* champions, and then eventually 1/18 3* champions. And ditto the 3* champions. They start off adding to your 3* roster, then they start generating 55 shards per dup, then eventually about 110 shards per max dup. That means every 3* drop eventually also drops the equivalent of 1/18 4* champions.

Eventually, out of every 250 openings or so you will be getting about two 4* champions as drops, and also about 223 2* champions and 25 3* champions. Those 2* champions will generate enough shards for another 12 3* champions for a total of 37. That can generate an additional 4070 4* shards or another two 4* champion crystals.

In terms of both random drops and the average number of shards they generate, the PHC actually generates a 4* champion about once in 62 openings under the best case scenario of a player having basically all their 2* and 3* roster max signature. That's actually not bad, and the value of the PHC grows as players' roster fills in, so it in effect rewards players who progress in the game and/or play a lot.

I've been thinking of these as fragment farming crystals for a few weeks now after watching a bunch of opening videos. I didn't take the time to figure out the math on it though and appreciate the way you have it broken down here. Thanks for validating my theories!