**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sparky cutoff prediction - basic arena

Comments

• Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    5.5 mil
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    4.5m
  • Lil_Woe wrote: »
    Grinding for champs are so overrated now

I suppose it depends on the level of player though and how lucky they are. I for one, am super unlucky so have more 5/50 4* champs that carry me through content like the new Uncollected event quest, than I do r4 5*s. A new 'god tier' wouldn't hurt if that's the only way to guarantee you get the champ right?

• Zzz wrote: »
    4.5m

That would absolutely awesome if it were anything in that range. Truth is, it might not be so low in the first round sadly. Sparky is one of the most hyped champs in the game.
  • chev327fox wrote: »
    I cannot understand how you guys can grind like that to get a champ in arena. Kills me just to grind out ranking at the very bottom of each every 3 days (and I just got to the point in my roster where I can just get the top arena to rank before 3 days is up).

I honestly cannot fathom the time spent on getting to 5 million or more. That's some next level grinding and dedication.

I do not know what bracket I am in (my rank milestones went up once that I noticed... for example it went from 15,000 in the lowest arena to 30,000 to rank... highest arena to rank right now for me is 350,000). Seems odd I would go up just for barely ranking on a few of them... but maybe ranking on any level counts towards you going up in brackets? Seems odd.

I am just afraid of trying to grind it out and not make it (would feel like a waste unless I got what I was aiming for). Also only been playing for like 3-4 months so my roster is not good enough to really do well in arena. I feel I would need to have played for a year or better before I would be viable for arenas.

Best of luck to all that are going for him though!

LiquidButt wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    adqqedfyvr wrote: »
    Anyone know what the beginner bracket cut off for him will be?

Probably like 500k...id just stop around there

You will be disappointed at 500k ... I would do 825k minimum ...

SHHH...if he stops at 500k then increases the pool size without him taking a top spot.

That is just mean dude.

If you've been playing for 4 months then you are in the veteran bracket.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    @chev327fox your bracket has nothing to do with how you ranked in the past, but simply the days you’ve been playing. 1-30 days is beginner bracket, 31-60 days is intermediate, 61+ days is veteran bracket.

Since you say you account is about 3/4 months old, you’re now in veteran bracket. You won’t get champs here for a while yet. Keep your eye out for low scoring basic champs and grind for those you don’t have yet to improve your roster (making it easier to score points in the next arena). For the time being it sounds like you’re not ready to get basic champs yet, so keep doing them for shards.
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    Basically he’s available in basic 5* and most of the top dawgs dont care about 4*s any more .. I would be surprised if he reaches even 6 mil
  • AakashAakash Posts: 340
    6.5M would be my prediction. Im glad I already have him awakened at sig99
  • KUROKURO Posts: 104
    4 - 4.5 mil
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    We might see it go as high as 6.8 or more. He's pretty popular. It may be less, depending on who is Grinding, but I wouldn't be surprised.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    I think sparky should be in 6 to 6.5 million territory. Ice in his time had more interest. Now ppl are getting 5 stars easily and hence I feel score going lower. I myself grinded 7.5 million for ice and got him then. At that time 5 star shards were not that readily available. December, whoever were reasonably active at least got 3 5 stars in a month. Whereas previously it was 1 champ in 2 to 3 months of moderate to heavy active player. 4 stars doesn't interest much as it was earlier.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    6.5-7mil
    Luckily pulled him just the other day and had a spare tech gem lying around so decided I’ll be skipping the grind myself, I’ll get in the pool for you all though
  • VenturaVentura Posts: 35
    Considering Iceman went around 6.8 million, I would guess the cut off to be in between 6.9 to 7.2 million. I will grind 8 million just to be sure.
  • Reevesy01Reevesy01 Posts: 79
    The highest score in the new basic arena format is Iceman at 6.8, i would aim for a score of approx 5.5-6 mill but to be safe i would go 7 mill.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited January 2018
    I would have gone for him if it had happend 4-5 months ago. Now even a god tier 4* is not that desirable. 4* has been slowly obsolete and no longer relevant in game. Many people with big rosters would skip 4* arena. Thus, the cutoff will be lower than the ones in the past. 6M is my prediction.
  • Talha305RajaTalha305Raja Posts: 24
    I wanted to go for him but I don't think I will be able to do that much with school and exams going on lol..
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    +6 million for the first run. Maybe +5 million for the second.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I have a strong feeling Sparky will break arena records in the first round. He will go over 7.5 - 8 million.

Take this from an AVID arena grinder.
  • I’m shooting for 10 mill.
  • TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    I’m definitely thinking around 7.5 for the 1st and 5.5 mil for the second run. Everybody wants him so he will probably set some records until blade comes along.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    The highest cutoff, as best as Trucos could pin it down, was Iceman at 6.8-plus, then Hyperion at 6.4-plus.

I am not grinding it, but if I was, I wouldn't expect it for less than 6.4 and maybe not even 6.8.

Spark could get 7. Blade will, too
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    @chev327fox your bracket has nothing to do with how you ranked in the past, but simply the days you’ve been playing. 1-30 days is beginner bracket, 31-60 days is intermediate, 61+ days is veteran bracket.

Since you say you account is about 3/4 months old, you’re now in veteran bracket. You won’t get champs here for a while yet. Keep your eye out for low scoring basic champs and grind for those you don’t have yet to improve your roster (making it easier to score points in the next arena). For the time being it sounds like you’re not ready to get basic champs yet, so keep doing them for shards.

Thanks very much... I really appreciate the insight and advice!

I still need to level up my champs a lot more to have a decent enough roster to be able to do them. I only have 1 fully leveled 3* so far (have a few that are close and a lot that are RR2 and R3 but I have been trying to focus on 4*s as much as possible... but I do spread out leveling a lot due to level up events). A few more months leveling up and I should be able to do the lower ones as you say (though I am not sure i will want to grind that much unless I am done with most of the story and event stuff).
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    7-9 million. No doubt that everyone will go for him. If void is the featured champ for arena, it might be lower.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    So glad I already have him duped and don’t have to worry about this.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, I got my 5/50 sparky and my popcorn ready.

If you do less than 7 in the first round, you are taking a huge gamble. I personally wouldn't bother if I couldn't do 7.5.

His blade synergy alone makes his score go up substantially.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Yea I got y 4* and 5* already, good luck to everyone
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    Got him as 4* at 5/50 (awakened) & just pulled him from Basic 5 star other day....i will get in the pool for you guys though & spend some chill time as i dont have to grind.....
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Got him as 4* at 5/50 (awakened) & just pulled him from Basic 5 star other day....i will get in the pool for you guys though & spend some chill time as i dont have to grind.....

That's awesome, thanks.

I have him as 4* but not awakened yet, so I'll do milestones the first arena and grind him the second time.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    chev327fox wrote: »
    I cannot understand how you guys can grind like that to get a champ in arena. Kills me just to grind out ranking at the very bottom of each every 3 days (and I just got to the point in my roster where I can just get the top arena to rank before 3 days is up).

I honestly cannot fathom the time spent on getting to 5 million or more. That's some next level grinding and dedication.

I do not know what bracket I am in (my rank milestones went up once that I noticed... for example it went from 15,000 in the lowest arena to 30,000 to rank... highest arena to rank right now for me is 350,000). Seems odd I would go up just for barely ranking on a few of them... but maybe ranking on any level counts towards you going up in brackets? Seems odd.

I am just afraid of trying to grind it out and not make it (would feel like a waste unless I got what I was aiming for). Also only been playing for like 3-4 months so my roster is not good enough to really do well in arena. I feel I would need to have played for a year or better before I would be viable for arenas.

Best of luck to all that are going for him though!

Haji_Saab wrote: »
    adqqedfyvr wrote: »
    Anyone know what the beginner bracket cut off for him will be?

Probably like 500k...id just stop around there

You will be disappointed at 500k ... I would do 825k minimum ...

SHHH...if he stops at 500k then increases the pool size without him taking a top spot.

That is just mean dude.

People with that kind of score are using boosts and refills to recharge their best 3 champs over and over again. You can easily get 1 million points in about 30 minutes time just by using this strategy. The people who don't refill and boost have a huge chunk of their rosters at rank 4 and/or run suicides that make the individual fights even shorter. Iphones also work best as they cut down on load times. 5 million is very doable.

My predication is 6.8, but grind for 7.5 to be safe
  • Got him as 4* at 5/50 (awakened) & just pulled him from Basic 5 star other day....i will get in the pool for you guys though & spend some chill time as i dont have to grind.....

Dude! So lucky. Appreciate you getting the pool!