Shadow King: Concept Ability Kit

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 394 ★★
Class: Mystic

Abilities:

Passive
The Shadow King has Omega-level telepathic power. He shows immunity to Reversed Controls.
The Shadow King uses Degeneration Passives to make their opponent realise life is terror. Their ability accuracy is reduced by 15% for every stack of Degeneration active (max. 80%).

Astral Form
Amahi Farouk, the Shadow King’s preferred vessel, starts the fight in Astral Form for 10 seconds. While Astral Form is active, all hits Miss. Each Missed hit, or if a hit lands by either champion while Astral Form is active, inflicts a Passive Degeneration on the opponent for 10 seconds.
Once Astral Form deactivates, it goes on a 20 second cooldown.
Double-clicking block activates Astral Form again, when not on cooldown and not active.

While dashing in
Shadow King plays with the minds of his opponent. While dashing in as a defender, the attacker’s dodge and dash controls are Reversed. If Shadow King is parried while dashing in, he becomes Stun Immune for 0.8 seconds. This goes on a 10 second cooldown.

Ending a combo with a light attack
Inflicts an additional degeneration and pauses all stacks for 3 seconds.

Masochist Charges (Max. Stacks 500)
The Shadow King starts the fight with 50 Masochist Charges. Dashing in gains 30 charges, dodging an attack by activating the Dexterity mastery gains 40, and each hit grants 10. Masochist charges fall off at the rate of 10 charges per second. As a defender, charges fall off at half the rate.
If the Shadow King reaches 75 charges, he places a Fear debuff on the opponent for 15 seconds, reducing Unblockable Ability Accuracy by -100%.
While above 100 charges, he gains Tenacity, and is granted a 50% chance to purify all incoming debuffs.
Above 150 charges, Activating a special attack converts these charges into Passive Prowess buffs for the duration of the special attack. Once the special attack is finished, all charges are lost and reset to 50.
Every multiple of 100 Masochism Charges, all Degeneration Passives are refreshed.

Possession (active only as a defender)
The Shadow King wishes to possess his opponent with his supreme telepathic abilities. He places a series of 4 tests on the opponent, spaced at the interval of 0.75 second. These include: Back Dash, Whiff, Dash In, Strike Block and Block, at random. For each blunder in the test, the Shadow King punishes the opponent by inflicting them with a passive Degeneration for 20 seconds, removing 5% of the opponent’s health over the entirety of its duration. (Max. 5000 DPS)

Special Attack 1
Places an Encroaching Possession passive for 20 seconds. If the opponent activates a special attack, or the Shadow King suffers from a Non-damaging debuff when the timer ends, the opponent enters Possession.
Pauses all Degeneration for 5 seconds.

Special Attack 2
During this special attack, the opponent’s defensive combat power rate is increased by +200%. The last hit of this attack steals 75% of the opponent’s power. The Shadow King enters his Astral form for 15 seconds. If Astral Form is already active when this special attack is launched, each hit of the special deals a burst of energy damage equal to the physical damage dealt, activating even through block. Astral form is refreshed when the special ends.

Special Attack 3
Grants a Permanent Passive Prowess increasing special attack damage by +20% per stack.

Signature Ability: Happiness is a lie
Increase potency of Degeneration by <20%-100%>
Increase duration of Astral Form by <2-4> seconds. Takes no damage when Astral Form is active.
During Possession, the attacker’s controls are Reversed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotation (Short and medium fights):
• Let hits miss at the start to inflict degeneration
• MLLLL to pause degeneration
• Reach 2.5 bars of power, ensuring opponent is over 1 bar of power. (Throw sp1 before if necessary to pause degeneration for extra damage)
• Launch sp2 with astral form off and under 150 Masochist Charges
• Launch sp2 with astral form active and over 150 Masochist Charges
• If the opponent is not knocked out, throw sp1.
• Rinse and repeat as necessary

Rotation (Long fights):
• Use sp3 as many number of times needed, depending on health pool, and keep Degen up.
• After you’ve gained Passive Prowess, follow the short fight rotation.

Once again, I shall repeat, ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DEROGATORY REMARKS. THIS IS THE USE OF MY BRAIN AND MY BRAIN ONLY. EVERY IDEA IS UNIQUE.
PS. The only reason I post in General "Discussion" is so that the entire community can actually "discuss" these matters.

Comments

• Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,323 ★★★★★
    So, scary Kitty pryde
    I like that
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    Looks like a mutant Prowler in terms of abilities
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 394 ★★
    @EdisonLaw not what i expected lmao. I thought someone would say Kingpin meets AA lmao
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,010 ★★★
    I'm a little confused as to why his possession effects trigger if he has a non damaging debuff on him when the timer ends? Surely if he's mystic and supposed to be countered by science champs having him punish you for placing non damaging debuffs is a little counter productive?
  • YodaKajYodaKaj Member Posts: 105
    Synergies:
    Prof X
    Storm
    Jean Grey
    Onslaught
    Dr Strange
    Dormammu
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★
    Who is that even?
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 432 ★★★
    I've been wanting Shadow King for awhile. He had a few episodes in the original X-Men cartoons (two main episodes I can think of is Storm/Rogue visiting Africa and the boy she raised and the other one was a big battle with Professor X/Jean Grey on the astral plane). MCOC would have a lot to play with.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    YodaKaj said:

Synergies:
    Prof X
    Storm
    Jean Grey
    Onslaught
    Dr Strange
    Dormammu

Def needs to have a synergy with Betsy (Psylocke) and Dani before some of those.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,010 ★★★

YodaKaj said:

Synergies:
    Prof X
    Storm
    Jean Grey
    Onslaught
    Dr Strange
    Dormammu

Def needs to have a synergy with Betsy (Psylocke) and Dani before some of those.
    Yeah idk what connection shadow king has to do with onslaught before any of the new mutants
  • ShiroMikazukiShiroMikazuki Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    On paper he seems like mixed with kitty pryde, bullseye and ghost almost, with a hint of onslaught and galan

@EdisonLaw not what i expected lmao. I thought someone would say Kingpin meets AA lmao

Also I’m wondering why he’s classified as a mystic since he doesn’t use magic or is affiliated with the supernatural.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    If he ever entered the game it would be interesting how they'd design/animate him.

Cause if they put him in his human body form he's basically just "Kingpin with a tiny glasses and a tiny hat". Like right down to the outfit even.
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 394 ★★

I'm a little confused as to why his possession effects trigger if he has a non damaging debuff on him when the timer ends? Surely if he's mystic and supposed to be countered by science champs having him punish you for placing non damaging debuffs is a little counter productive?

Wait, that's my bad. I meant to make it say:

"Special Attack 1
    Places an Encroaching Possession passive for 20 seconds. If Unless the opponent activates a special attack, or the Shadow King suffers from a Non-damaging debuff when the timer ends, the opponent enters Possession.
    Pauses all Degeneration for 5 seconds."