Is this legit? (BGS)

CookinEwoksCookinEwoks Posts: 166 ★★
edited July 31 in General Discussion
Just faced this guy in bgs. I thought he was on the ropes when I put my rank 3 sig 83 iron man on defense and he used r1 unduped venom on offense.
He took 3 hits and still ended up with full health and somehow shredded iron man that fast?

What do you guys think, legit or nah?

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 2,097 ★★★★★
    Which meta is this in, vt or gc?
  • CookinEwoksCookinEwoks Posts: 166 ★★

This was in VT
    Garlo said:

Legit, the main source of damage was bleeding, which is totally normal. He also heals himself with SA1.

Ohhh right I forgot about om nom, that was the main thing I was confused about

This was in VT
    Probably legit then just with some great buff and crit rng. The “3 hits received” also counts blocked hits, so he didn’t actually eat any hits to the face.
    Garlo said:

Legit, the main source of damage was bleeding, which is totally normal. He also heals himself with SA1.

Doesn’t om nom count as a nullify effect tho? And iron man is immune to nullify

This was in VT
    Probably legit then just with some great buff and crit rng. The “3 hits received” also counts blocked hits, so he didn’t actually eat any hits to the face.
    His combo got reset so he actually did get hit, idk about that om nom question tho I haven't used venom in years
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 4,189 ★★★★★

This was in VT
    His combo got reset so he actually did get hit, idk about that om nom question tho I haven't used venom in years
    He didn't get hit, he blocked.
  • OurobørosOurobøros Posts: 1,493 ★★★★

This was in VT
    Successful Hits/ Highest Combo
    edited August 1

This was in VT
    Blocked hits count as hits... So if he did 37 hits and block 3 hits and then did 4 more...

This was in VT
    Ah fair point didn’t catch that. Yea it makes sense if om nom works against iron man but im not 100% sure if it does. Or perhaps the hit(s) he ate was from an sp1 which doesn’t do much damage and places an armor break so he could’ve healed up from that?
  • captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 735 ★★★
    Om nom does work against Iron Man, I use Venom all the tine against him in AQ

This was in VT
    Blocked hits count as hits... So if he did 37 hits and block 3 hits and then did 4 more...
    Blocking hits doesnt reset your combo bud. If it did I would never play aegon again 😂
  • BendyBendy Posts: 5,615 ★★★★★

This was in VT
    Blocking hits doesnt reset your combo bud. If it did I would never play aegon again 😂
    It does in bgs
  • SupervlinderSupervlinder Posts: 72
    Are you blocking with your face?

Are you blocking with your face?

If u look at ur bg matches info after the fight even after blocking it will show reset of combo of max hits
    edited August 1

This was in VT
    It reset in the stats not the actual combo...🙄
    I guess the phrase "in BGs blocked hits count as hits" is too hard to understand, to the point of putting Aegon in the discussion....
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,696 ★★★★★
    He probably just failed to Dex IM's special 1 but healed with willpower from the armor breaks

This was in VT
    I guess the phrase "in BGs blocked hits count as hits" is too hard to understand, to the point of putting Aegon in the discussion....
    Its probs more to do with people never look

Bendy said:

This was in VT
    Nah its not, he wouldn't have made the dumb Aegon comment otherwise.
    I was trying to make a general statement about how blocking hits doesn't reset combos. I thought it was a good analogy but I guess it went over your head.

I checked back and I guess it does reset your combo in the bg fight review which is really weird and unnecessary, at least to me. You'll probably call me dumb again but whatevs
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,653 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

This was in VT
    Nah its not, he wouldn't have made the dumb Aegon comment otherwise.
    I was trying to make a general statement about how blocking hits doesn't reset combos. I thought it was a good analogy but I guess it went over your head.

I checked back and I guess it does reset your combo in the bg fight review which is really weird and unnecessary, at least to me. You'll probably call me dumb again but whatevs
    Nah, you already feel that way, no need
    Why are you so rude everywhere in the forums? Chill dude it's just a game.

Anyways my question was answered so no need to keep this thread going
    I gave you the answer with details, you questioned it and try to make my answer look stupid with your Aegon example, and I was rude? Rofl
    Your last comment with he already fell that’s way was a bit hasty in my opinion. But obviously one’s combo doesn’t rest in the fight if you blok it.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 12,187 Guardian
    edited August 1

If you had just clarified at the start, that it is just in this POST FIGHT STATS SUMMARY, that Blocked Hits seem to reflect on resetting the Highest Combo (for this Summary Screen).
    Just like how Blocked Hits seem to be reflected oddly in other aspects of this style of Summary Screen.

And not that your actual Combo during the fight is getting reset.

Then case would have been settled earlier.
    edited August 1

If you had just clarified at the start, that it is just in this POST FIGHT STATS SUMMARY, that Blocked Hits seem to reflect on resetting the Highest Combo (for this Summary Screen).
    Just like other Blocked Hits seem to be reflected oddly in this style of Summary Screen.

And not that your actual Combo during the fight is getting reset.

Then case would have been settled earlier.
    He is showing the stat summary...
    My answer its an interpretation of the stat summary.
    I did not magically get to see the fight of his opponent.
    Anyway even if I was vague was I rude?
    It has been known for many seasons that this happens in the stat summary.
    OP decided to try to be smart, backfired, got his own proof and then calls me rude.
    Btw my posts have been removed, I wasn't going to keep going after they were removed, not sure what's your point on continuing.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,687 ★★★★★
    Don’t know it it’s legit or not but it does highlight another bug (combo counts/blocked hits in BGs) that has been around for months that hasn’t been acknowledged & ain’t on trello.