Beta ray bill: a missed top tier?

Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 540 ★★★
I have seen the deep dive of beta ray bill
I am a bit upset. You have to intercept with the sp2, you have to start the combo with the light attack (it s not so easy like absorbing man)
I don t how about the damage but it seems that the gameplay is not so easy

Comments

• OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 752 ★★★
    From what I saw, the starting with the light is only if you are trying to keep the shocks paused, which you don't always want to do. Seems like he has any interesting kit, and his new utility to counter glance is long overdue.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

He's like Scorpion, play him normally in short fights, the special intercept, like Scorpion is designed for long fights.

In addition he has some AI manipulation such as intimidate and infuriate to make it easier
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,223 ★★★★

I am a bit upset. You have to intercept with the sp2, you have to start the combo with the light attack (it s not so easy like absorbing man)

Intercepting with sp2 comes easy to me having constantly practiced with herc, as for light intercept i recently got back into watching dorks lessons about side stepping and other stuff which has improved my light intercept

https://youtu.be/DvtLzmG5txo?feature=shared

But even then you could always just block and start a light combo starter so not really skill heavy.
    Lokx said:

Intercepting with sp2 comes easy to me having constantly practiced with herc, as for light intercept i recently got back into watching dorks lessons about side stepping and other stuff which has improved my light intercept

https://youtu.be/DvtLzmG5txo?feature=shared

But even then you could always just block and start a light combo starter so not really skill heavy.
    True, herc was the first champion I learned to intercept with, brings back memories
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 540 ★★★

You don't need to intercept with the SP2 - there is a high skill element there to increase his damage if needed.

You also don't need to start with a Light attack unless you're wanting to ramp him all the way up (BIG health pools). You could ignore both of these things for shorter Battlegrounds style fights and go SP2 > SP1.
    Ok ok, it seems i was wrong
    Good to hear that

You don't need to intercept with the SP2 - there is a high skill element there to increase his damage if needed.

You also don't need to start with a Light attack unless you're wanting to ramp him all the way up (BIG health pools). You could ignore both of these things for shorter Battlegrounds style fights and go SP2 > SP1.
    Hey @Karatemike415 , a bit off topic here, but who’s deep dive will be coming first, Bill or Enchantress?
  • HassamaMamaHassamaMama Member Posts: 241 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Hey @Karatemike415 , a bit off topic here, but who’s deep dive will be coming first, Bill or Enchantress?
    Bill, he’s releasing first so his Deep Dive will be first. But they’ll also likely release both tomorrow tbh
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,036 ★★★★
    You are wrong he actually is better than Morbius

Can we stop doing this? Basing things off small clips instead of actually playing the champ?
    Plus the deep dive should be tomorrow
  • ZolobacsiZolobacsi Member Posts: 123 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

He's like Scorpion, play him normally in short fights, the special intercept, like Scorpion is designed for long fights.

In addition he has some AI manipulation such as intimidate and infuriate to make it easier
    Yeah, that works amazing with the others too, *cough* Gladiator *cough*.
    Zolobacsi said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Yeah, that works amazing with the others too, *cough* Gladiator *cough*.
    Titania also
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,012 ★★★
    Light intercepting is really easy and consistent once you get the hang of it
    I read his abilities
    Do you think that unduped, is still a worthy hero to use? I think that the damage can be still great
    No?
  • HassamaMamaHassamaMama Member Posts: 241 ★★

I read his abilities
    Do you think that unduped, is still a worthy hero to use? I think that the damage can be still great
    No?

Yes.
  • KTPrimalKTPrimal Member Posts: 121

How does skilled gameplay mean not top tier

Cuz they've been spoiled by Hercules and Hyperion. They want someone who requires minimal effort and high damage output.
    Goes all the way back to pre 12.0 with Scarlet Witch. If a champ wasn't a generic MLLLM sp2 champ they were considered bad. It took time after the nerf for players to admit Hyperion and others were good.

It is easy but the problem is that the AI sometimes won’t cooperate
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,012 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

It is easy but the problem is that the AI sometimes won’t cooperate
    I've not had that many issues with it

How does skilled gameplay mean not top tier

Cuz they've been spoiled by Hercules and Hyperion. They want someone who requires minimal effort and high damage output.
    You misunderstood completely
    The gameplay for me is difficult because the IA manipulation in the game doesnt work very well. See gladiator and hulkling. Or see mantis and valkyrie
    It s not difficult to intercept with the sp2 but do you think that the infuriate and the intimidate of the beta ray's heavy attack will work like they should? Really?