Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,961 ★★★★★
    Depends on what you're using them for. We can't take every Champ into End-Game Content.
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    I think what groundedwisdom was saying is that yeah probably best not to take Sentry into act5, rttl, or LoL cause as he is now and with the void synergy later he still doesn’t cut it as none of his abilities help out in anyway. But GW the reason people were exceptionally angry about Sentry is he was promised as a long fight champion and finally a science champ that could possibly handle LoL but he definitely can’t. He doesn’t even extend the timer. I do like the concept of carry over abilities and have been advocating for that a while. Morningstar and Mephisto for one when duped and through quests get exponentially better/useful. But Sentry’s reality warps mean nothing when the chance to get that attack boost in special is 1 in a million basically.
    Also his indestructible lasts such a small amount of time and easily countered by a nullifying mystic, Gwenpools ability reduction, AAs ability reduction, quake and countless others haha
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,961 ★★★★★
    Well, I agree that's part of the unrest as well. People want a new Science for Offense. We also have to keep in mind that it's a new year, and I suspect there will be more. I'm just saying we don't have to put all our eggs in one basket. Where was he promised to be good for LOL?
    Good for long fights implies LoL, RoL, and rttl as there really aren’t many long fights elsewhere in the game. Also yeah people wanted a new offensive science and I went for his featured and got him but was more patient and didn’t waste resources on him before I tried him out. The ones that super ranked up from the start I imagine are the angriest but yes they should have waited. Just give them sentry rank down tickets so we can all collectively move on, wait for void or nova I guess and be happy again lol
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558
    Sentry rank 4 five star is good for long fight if you like using pots basically. I’ll just take my 3* SL instead to fights
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 611 ★★★
    I suspect KABAM is trying to play games with all of us. They will release several weak and useless champions like Sentry and then out of no where, they introduce a new champ with awesome synergies. How many of us thought that Ghost Rider's judgment was hard to proc sometimes despite the chance to trigger it was high? Almost everyone that have used him frequently. How many of those ever though that he needs a better proc? All of them. Then sudenly Blade was introduced. Awesome synergy with GR and Starky to the point they are called the new Holy Trinity. Previously that title was held by Thor, DS, SW.

That's what I thought Kabam is doing with Sentry. They might introduce a new champ with synergy that gives him to proc his state of mind close to 100% chance if not 100%.
    That kinda a sucky plan if they are trying to pull that off.
  • Well, I agree that's part of the unrest as well. People want a new Science for Offense. We also have to keep in mind that it's a new year, and I suspect there will be more. I'm just saying we don't have to put all our eggs in one basket. Where was he promised to be good for LOL?

No one said anything about putting all our eggs in one basket. No one uses one champ for everything, and your right it is a new year, but since sentry is the first champ of the new year let's hope that he isn't an indication of things to come in 2018.
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    edited January 2018
    You don't even need to bring the story, HQ or whatever into this.
    Sentry is below avarage just looking at a gameplay point of view. His complexity vs reward is ****, his abilities (fury, armor break, regeneration) is way out of the chart, too weak by any standard.

We are not 'crying for an OP hero' we just want an OK champ, if u made him complex to use and HEAVY linked to RNG at least give us a mind-blow damage when we have all 5 reality warps plus the right power meter at the right moment. We dont want to build 5 reality warps, get SP2 ready, proc the buff (30%!!!) and do LESS damage them storm, this is totally unfair
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,842 ★★★★
    I know we all say working as intended but are we actually sure he's working as intended? With his low crit rate and the low chance for bonus states it's difficult to tell. I'm beginning to wonder if he is actually working properly. I've seen little change in damage output between 5 reality warps and 1. If you are adding 4500 additional attack you would think that would be noticeable.
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I know we all say working as intended but are we actually sure he's working as intended? With his low crit rate and the low chance for bonus states it's difficult to tell. I'm beginning to wonder if he is actually working properly. I've seen little change in damage output between 5 reality warps and 1. If you are adding 4500 additional attack you would think that would be noticeable.

Hard to tell, we don't know (at least i dont know) the exact damage from his SP1 and SP2.
    His SP1/SP2 without crit and without any reallity warp is very weak, almost no damage at all
  • IdelestIdelest Posts: 43
    19 pages of sentry hate. Yes he sucks, please buff him. I don't want him to be god tier, just buff him to the point where he is slightly better than a 2* star lord thanks!
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    I still think it's a simple issue of increasing the chances of his modes changing. 30% is just not good. It should be at least 50%.. Maybe even 60%.. Or maybe he gets an additional +% chance to proc it, per reality warp. Like say maybe each reality warp adds an additional +12% or +15% to the base 30% so at 5 reality warps, it'd be 90% or even 110%. That sorta thing. That way, the longer the fight.. The stronger he gets and when duped, by the time you're at the boss, he's at full power..
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,842 ★★★★
    I haven't done spreadsheet type testing but it looks like his special attacks are just to weak. Just focusing on his L1 his special hits look like they hit weaker than a medium hits. So at most your just getting 4 times a medium. There a couple hits there so it is more than 1 medium. If it doesn't crit then there isn't much damage. We are relying on his crits as much as his reality warps. His crit rate is really low too so that 30% gets reduced even farther. Haven't really tried him with a crit team yet, I've just thrown in one crit synergy and it doesn't help much.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 232
    edited January 2018
    Idelest wrote: »
    19 pages of sentry hate. Yes he sucks, please buff him. I don't want him to be god tier, just buff him to the point where he is slightly better than a 2* star lord thanks!

Let it be took 100 pages... But kabam never buff him anytime soon.....
  • They want us to keep ranking those spideys up. Good war defence mo money. Yeah buddy. No units spend some money, no money spend all your free time grinding. Do t worry Kabam we will all quit 1 day.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558
    you guys giving up already?
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 892 ★★★
    Sentry has such great prestige...maybe it can flash or something to draw attention to it while he is being used. You could put it where the damage output is since he doesn't do any :)
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 907 ★★★
    Mattikus42 wrote: »
    You can’t blame people for being mad when a god like character is represented so poorly. Just underwhelming. Like he has almost no redeeming qualities. I don’t know how they thought people would be ok with this.

We’ve taken their **** time and time again, why wouldn’t they release this garbage?

Do you still see the Carnage spotlight anywhere? Nope. They always let us vent and then we go away quietly. That’s the MO here. As always
This discussion has been closed.