**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please change the 50% health penalty

TheBletTheBlet Posts: 991
edited January 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
When the connection times out we still get a 50% health penalty? Internet was working fine at home and it times out loading my first fight in AW. Its ridiculous and serves no purpose.

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    yeah it does more harm than good right now, but remove the penalty and it becomes an exploit.

However, they should consider adding a layer to that before initiating that penalty. there has to be some way the game can determine if it was force closed or not.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    They can adjust it but they really don't want to, right now it can't differanite between disconnections and force closing which is intentional.

It's not really about the cheaters or people who abuse it, it's all about the $ and making us burn through resources and forcing us to buy more.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    @Hubris_hater

The rule works as if a match is started data is sent over. if the fight data can't be returned back to the servers then a penalty is given.

I guess it makes sense if the game can't send data mid fight. So I guess I'm taking back what I said earlier. It just irritates me when I get a penalty when their servers and such are failing.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    I hate it when the game crashes in arena and they count that as a loss and i know for a facted i can win that match, it makes me mad.
  • SuperballieSuperballie Posts: 31
    But why not just reset both opponents to what they came in with, not just penalise the player, and for flips sake guys, this is just flippen game, why the big deal if someone cheats. They will just lose interest in the game and stop playing if it's too easy, so you will lose them in any event. THis isn't real flippen life where you can get money out of it, it's just a flippen game based off a 30 year format, so wtf man wtf.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Moving this to Suggestions and Requests since it's not a bug.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Two thoughts on this:

1) The biggest cheat that was being exploited was that players would force close a fight if they were having a bad fight. Then they could restart it with no penalty. In events like AW, this was a huge advantage because you weren't giving up as many defender kills and it impacted the final score. Kabam keeps it in place for the solo quests because it maintains the integrity of the fight. Just imagine being able to force close the game and get a free do-over anytime you're having a bad fight.

2) The game should be able to tell if the game is force quit or not because it is online and transmitting even through the fight. I've tested this multiple times. Set the phone to airplane mode and turn on wifi so that's your only data source. Then turn off your wifi receiver as the fight begins. When the signal drops, the game will stop the fight and show that you have lost connection regardless of the progress of your fight. Sometimes it will let you restart the fight, but usually you'll lose half your health (or lose the fight in arena).

The penalty needs to remain in place, but the game should be updated to detect the source of the disruption. The game should be smart enough to figure this out and not penalize someone for Kabam server issues.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    They can adjust it but they really don't want to, right now it can't differanite between disconnections and force closing which is intentional.

It's not really about the cheaters or people who abuse it, it's all about the $ and making us burn through resources and forcing us to buy more.

You yourself just said they cant differentiate, so how is this done on purpose to make more sales?

Because they don't want it to differanite, which is why it can't do it. In certain modes it can restore the game to where it was but in aq and aw it will treat any disconnection as force closing and cost you health and possibly your champions.

Allaince potions and revives are expensive, it's the same reason why they took some of them out of the crystals for the most part only letting them remain in the map 1&2 crystals to drive up sales up more which is why they took out if the milestones to.

It's all about money, they intentionally messed with the crash recovery system numerous times and have the power to recognize when it's an actual crash or an artificial one but they won't do so in most cases.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    So when you have a bad fight and force close will be punished but lost connention not.
    You pause the game and cut the network. No punshment, free restart. EXPLOIT

There is no way to tell the true reason, that can not be fabrikated and faked by user.
    Sry, but ita working well so far. When i got poor network and a call came in connection is lost.
    Make sure youre not in a bunker when you play heavy contend.
  • i noticed this today. but when my connection got cut off mid fight, the damage to opponent stayed and my champion retained his original health. i didn't do it intentionally but this surprised me. i was playing story quest btw.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    Mythicate wrote: »
    i noticed this today. but when my connection got cut off mid fight, the damage to opponent stayed and my champion retained his original health. i didn't do it intentionally but this surprised me. i was playing story quest btw.

In story mode force close (including act1-4 not act5) will not be punished
  • Boysaunders76Boysaunders76 Posts: 31
    Sad part is most disconnecting is due to Kabam servers not internet connection
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    I wish they would remove the loss from arena, it has no impact on pots and frankly letting someone keep a streak is inconsequential to them.

It's frustrating for players though because you can already have won the fight and if you get disconnected you can get credited a loss.

Additionally the game is super flaky on iOS 11, any process that takes focus away from the game, even a phone call that you don't answer can cause the game to restart when you try to return to it.
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    Cassy wrote: »
    Mythicate wrote: »
    i noticed this today. but when my connection got cut off mid fight, the damage to opponent stayed and my champion retained his original health. i didn't do it intentionally but this surprised me. i was playing story quest btw.

In story mode force close (including act1-4 not act5) will not be punished

You won't get punished for the first force close. If you do a second time, your champion die. There is a 6 hour cool down or something around that and it includes act 5 and arena as well.