**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Guys NOBODY wants it please hear our suggestions out instead. We know what is best for us.
  • While this might not apply to the 15k shard feature crystals it will apply to your Uncollected featured crystals and stand feature crystals that are purchased using 300 and 150 units respectively. When will you be complying with Apple’s new developer agreement citing that and I quote directly from Apple’s developer page.
    “Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase.”
  • gzrbanggzrbang Posts: 16
    khehmist wrote: »
    Can someone remind me again how many of the champs voted by players to be the most valuable in their class are in the curated 18 "most effective champs in team events"?

That's a big FAT ZERO!!! Z-E-R-O. Nada. Zilch. Great use of your data Kabam. Bravo. Btw that is complete sarcasm.

Mephisto
    Ghost Rider
    Hulk
    Quake
    Iceman
    Archangel
    Gwenpool
    Kingpin
    Hyperion
    Medusa
    Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)
    Star-Lord
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/7hkwnk/list_of_champs_who_will_be_available_in_the_1/
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Well, first of all, this is not a "featured champion crystal", it's more like a "newer champions and friends crystal", as they all have the same chance.

I am ok with the list, as I never went for the featured crystal. And I do not feel the urge to go for the new one either as the 5k shards is too much. I prefer to wait 3 months and have the newer champions in the basic 5 star crystal and keep expanding my roster than getting 50% less five stars. (As of this date, I never got Iron Patriot, Luke Cage, Spider-Gwen or Kamala Khan from the basic crystal).

I do think the grandmaster featured crystal is better though, as we do not need to spend shards to spin those, (it would be better if 3-stars were not in it, but it would be too good).

Now, if these new crystal were slightly more expensive than the basic one, let's say... 10500 shards... yes, I would save for this crystal. But since 5 star shards are still limited in the game, I prefer to just wait 3 months for the new champs.

On another note, I think the new crystal is fine as it is, I just wouldn't advertise it as "featured hero", it should have a more generic name that implies you can get any of those 24 champions.

People in this forum should the read the original post and calm down a little bit. You can always wait 3 months if you don't like the pool. I am sure that will not affect most players and will still get the featured crystal when it comes out.

And the list is not really that bad, people hate sentry but he has to be one of the champions.
  • SpidermancgSpidermancg Posts: 19
    So the increased chance of obtaining Blade in his featured Crystal will go down. Boy that sucks! Who wants Taskmaster? This change is a direct response to people wanting Blade, and not going for Sentry and other new champs! Blade is too good! Please don't nerf Blade!!!!
  • vd016vd016 Posts: 48
    So next month (February) Gladiator Hulk and Killmonger come out.

If I want them as a 5*, the only way to get them next month is from 300 unit crystals?! Otherwise I have to wait until May?!?! That’s crazy!

Out of curiosity, why is having to wait crazy? There is no other Crystal in the game that lets you use shards for a Champion at its release, and unless you choose to purchase the Featured Hero Crystal, you have to wait until they are released in the Basic Hero Crystal to have a chance at the 3-Star or 4-Star Champion.

The 5-Star Featured Hero crystal was an anomaly in the game that made sense with the state of the game when they were introduced, but that was a very long time ago, when you may never have a chance at that Champion again.

We have arenas to acquire those newly added 4*s and 3*s. Thats an alternative for spending or waiting for 3 months.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

So this is my version of the breakdown, based on what I think is reasonably close to what the general consensus opinion would be in terms of pulling these champions:

Champions most people would (probably) love to pull:
    Doctor Octopus
    Hela
    Void (probably)
    Modok
    Taskmaster
    Thor Ragnarok

Champions most people would think were decent (not bad) pulls:
    Beast
    Storm
    Hawkeye
    Nebula
    Thor Jane Foster
    Agent Venom
    Punisher 2099

Champions most people would at least use in defense:
    Mordo
    Juggernaut (if duped)

Questionable:
    Loki
    Ant-Man (duped on defense not horrible, but most players wouldn't be thrilled)

Champions I think most players would probably prefer not to pull:
    Cable
    Sentry
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Civil Warrior

Odds of pulling a champion most players would think was at least decent or useful on defense: 15/24 or 62.5%
    Odds of pulling a champion most players would think was generally great: 6/24 or 25%
    Odds of pulling a squib: 9/24 or 37.5%

Is it better than the basic crystal? In my opinion, for most players yes. Is it better than the current featured crystal? If the featured has an ultra-in demand champion, no I don't think it has similar value. Although there are some really great champs in there, in terms of value in my own subjective opinion this has the value of a featured 5* crystal that has a champion like Psylocke, Yondu, or Angela in it: great champs but not top tier champs.

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I love how you said you will choose carefully and as soon as you release the list no one likes them except the featured 6.
  • bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    In what other game would they offer a feature that benefits the player only to remove it down the line then say “who said that feature was gonna stay forever?”

Once again, insulting our intelligence.
    So next month (February) Gladiator Hulk and Killmonger come out.

If I want them as a 5*, the only way to get them next month is from 300 unit crystals?! Otherwise I have to wait until May?!?! That’s crazy!

Out of curiosity, why is having to wait crazy? There is no other Crystal in the game that lets you use shards for a Champion at its release, and unless you choose to purchase the Featured Hero Crystal, you have to wait until they are released in the Basic Hero Crystal to have a chance at the 3-Star or 4-Star Champion.

The 5-Star Featured Hero crystal was an anomaly in the game that made sense with the state of the game when they were introduced, but that was a very long time ago, when you may never have a chance at that Champion again.

• IdelestIdelest Posts: 43
    @Kabam Miike Does this mean that 5 star arena is coming? It seems that is what we are getting to.
  • MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
    edited January 2018
    zero7 wrote: »
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Why do I smell a bunch of Sentrys, Hawkeyes, Jane Thors, Antmans Juggernauts, Ronans and Cyclops being frequently pulled from this crystal?

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

So this is my version of the breakdown, based on what I think is reasonably close to what the general consensus opinion would be in terms of pulling these champions:

Champions most people would (probably) love to pull:
    Doctor Octopus
    Hela
    Void (probably)
    Modok
    Taskmaster
    Thor Ragnarok

Champions most people would think were decent (not bad) pulls:
    Beast
    Storm
    Hawkeye
    Nebula
    Thor Jane Foster
    Agent Venom
    Punisher 2099

Champions most people would at least use in defense:
    Mordo
    Juggernaut (if duped)

Questionable:
    Loki
    Ant-Man (duped on defense not horrible, but most players wouldn't be thrilled)

Champions I think most players would probably prefer not to pull:
    Cable
    Sentry
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Civil Warrior

Odds of pulling a champion most players would think was at least decent or useful on defense: 15/24 or 62.5%
    Odds of pulling a champion most players would think was generally great: 6/24 or 25%
    Odds of pulling a squib: 9/24 or 37.5%

Is it better than the basic crystal? In my opinion, for most players yes. Is it better than the current featured crystal? If the featured has an ultra-in demand champion, no I don't think it has similar value. Although there are some really great champs in there, in terms of value in my own subjective opinion this has the value of a featured 5* crystal that has a champion like Psylocke, Yondu, or Angela in it: great champs but not top tier champs.

TM and Ragnathor are garbage.
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    the 18 champs are just straight trash...im at 100k 5 star shards just waiting to pick off the champs i want when their crystal re rolls around...my big question is why not keep the old crystak where it was 20 percent at one champ and offer this new crystal... why get rid of a perfectly good crystal that we are all so used to...leave the original crystal that has 20 percent chance at one champ and every other garbage champ in it and then add this crystal where it gives us 4.2 at 6 new champs and 18 other garbage champs....to make the 18 good it should be voted by the players..star lord hyperion gwen pool iceman voodoo thats the right way to do it...then its our choice to have guranteed chance at one of 6 new champs and 18 of the best in the game for the cost of 5 k shards...then leave the original crystal for those who are ok with 20 percent for one champ
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    G0311 wrote: »
    bradshaw84 wrote: »
    So in lamens terms, it’s back to the old days of only those who spend a small fortune can get new champs before us peasants who attempt to earn them instead? @Kabam Miike fair play to you for keeping a straight face lol.
    bradshaw84 wrote: »
    Sorry to repeat @Kabam Miike but could you clarify, this seems insane if I’ve got this right...

So am I understanding this right, when a new champ is released in 4* arena it could potentially be almost 3 months before he’s available as a 5* in a featured crystal at a 1 in 24 chance if his arena is early in the 3 month cycle?

Yes, this is correct. You will be able to win them in the Grandmaster Featured Hero Crystal, but some Champions will not make it into the Featured Hero Crystal for some time.

Hey not even people with jobs are guaranteed to get a featured out of a GMC, I've seen people online spend 600$ on featured GMCs and not get one 5*

I heard someone spent $7000 on featured GMC's to get a Blade. These changes are more of a cash grab.

"Don't wait 11 weeks! Buy GMCs now!"