**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    For the first couple years of this game the top level players were those that spent spent spent on the random element of the game until they got what they wanted.

With the 15k feature crystals that gave grinders like me s chance to EARN what I wanted at a less random rate, it wasn’t a perfect system but it was better.

Now the emphasis shifts back towards whales spending till they’re blue in the face and racing ahead of grinders for good.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Will there be changes to the Featured Grand Master Crystals to comply with Apple's rules too? Will you be giving a drop rate 3*,4* & 5* champs from those to comply with Apple's rules?
  • TheGodfatherTheGodfather Posts: 30
    So next month (February) Gladiator Hulk and Killmonger come out.

If I want them as a 5*, the only way to get them next month is from 300 unit crystals?! Otherwise I have to wait until May?!?! That’s crazy!

Out of curiosity, why is having to wait crazy? There is no other Crystal in the game that lets you use shards for a Champion at its release, and unless you choose to purchase the Featured Hero Crystal, you have to wait until they are released in the Basic Hero Crystal to have a chance at the 3-Star or 4-Star Champion.

The 5-Star Featured Hero crystal was an anomaly in the game that made sense with the state of the game when they were introduced, but that was a very long time ago, when you may never have a chance at that Champion again.

No other Crystal that lets you use shards for a Champion at its release.

But hold the phone, if you have $$ MONEY $$ Bada-BING you don't have to wait.
  • RomissyRomissy Posts: 27
    So no one will go for the new feature 5* crystals, was that the plan?
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Eccohawk wrote: »
    rwhack wrote: »
    Here’s a solution. Quit making terrible champs.

No dev/designer is sitting around the Kabam offices, or any other gaming office, talking about ways to make terrible design decisions. This is an idiotic comment to make. These guys try to create cool, unique, interesting and balanced new characters to bring to the game EVERY TWO WEEKS!! Do some miss the mark at times? Sure. But don't sit there and pretend like they do it on purpose or set out to create a character that you feel plays like garbage. Show a little respect to the hard work being put in here.

I work in a precision business that requires consistent good results. I would be out of business if I missed the target as often as they do. If they used any of the top players as testers (and no, not me), there is no way they would think Sentry for example was any good. Captain Marvel has an SP2 that gets blocked for over a year now. She-Hulk, Karmala Khan, Iron Patriot, and the list goes on. They miss the mark more than they hit it. Respect is earned not given. It hasn't been earned.

Look at the champs they put in the first one. That's also tone deaf. Beast? Geez Hawkeye isn't bad but his prestige is so bad you have to never want to keep pace with anyone to rank him. Ant-Man? I'm convinced they don't understand the game. I'm also convinced they don't do any meaningful testing. Sentry is just terrible. The comments they made about him before his release were so far from reality. Brings me back to I'll stick to my reality (which is in the real world), you stick to yours. Never mistake effort for achievement by the way. You don't get paid for effort nor do you get patted on the back for it. Glad I could teach you that.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I am not sure what to do anymore.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Eccohawk wrote: »
    Here’s a solution. Quit making terrible champs.

No dev/designer is sitting around the Kabam offices, or any other gaming office, talking about ways to make terrible design decisions. This is an idiotic comment to make. These guys try to create cool, unique, interesting and balanced new characters to bring to the game EVERY TWO WEEKS!! Do some miss the mark at times? Sure. But don't sit there and pretend like they do it on purpose or set out to create a character that you feel plays like garbage. Show a little respect to the hard work being put in here.

I work in a precision business that requires consistent good results. I would be out of business if I missed the target as often as they do. If they used any of the top players as testers (and no, not me), there is no way they would think Sentry for example was any good. Captain Marvel has an SP2 that gets blocked for over a year now. She-Hulk, Karmala Khan, Iron Patriot, and the list goes on. They miss the mark more than they hit it. Respect is earned not given. It hasn't been earned.

Sentry is one of the new champions, he has to be in the crystal.
  • Evil_TwinEvil_Twin Posts: 66
    edited January 2018
    This is awful. One of the worst ideas Kabam has put in place for a long time. It is bad for the players, it reduces our choices and the control of our own fate in the game. And the "curated" list is just terrible. Kabam, you were doing so well recently and now this. Big disappointment. Why not have both options? Offer a Featured Pool crystal and a Featured Hero crystal? Players / Customers want more choices, not less.
  • MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
    I mean come on man, don't you think this is cannibalizing your own crystal sales just a bit?
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    khehmist wrote: »
    Too bad Apple didn't start requiring transparency in communications, maybe the announcement would have looked more something more like...

Due to Apple's new transparency mandate we're changing the feature crystal drop rate (for the champ you were hoping to get) to the worst of our old manipulated drop rates, for everyone, no matter how much you spend.

Let it be known to all app stores that we will respond to any attempt to influence our business to the benefit of their customers in a way that will continue to make our revenue a priority far above all others.

Forget about apple already, you cannot buy 5 star crystals with money. You can buy units and use them for crystals, but I can see the legal loophole.
  • There seems to be some good in these crystals but there are also many cons. If you wanted to increase GMC sales good job. My question is why not keep the old and add the new. Some of the champions of the last 6 months are trash and no one wants them. I understand in the old crystals there were trash champions but there was always that good chance they would get that champion. Sometimes people need that certain champion to complete something like LOL for example.
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    Just hit me that after all this complaining and how upset kabam sees we are with taking our 20-25 percent chance away..they know we will still play..im pretty sure they sit around computer and laugh at all the complaints ...then when they click on our name they see we are still playing so what incentive do they have to listen to us..before changing a crystal that we have spent months on saving for kabam should consult with it’s player base
  • DansakuduruDansakuduru Posts: 3
    6 new champions + 18 ( luke cage , joe fix, she hulk ,venom ,antman, war machine, grooth, iron fist, kamala , iron patriot , iron man, HULK HOMO **** BUSTAR, red hulk, supirior Iron man, gambit , colossos, netflix DD, venompool...) that sounds great 15 k regularly acquire 5* a month the chance to get a good champion is geting even greater......
    Or you can :
    1. Tell us the odds so we know is it worth gambling
    2. Give just more 5* shards
  • MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
    SO, curious to know.. how do you definitively know how many players were "saving for Blade" Is this admitting you know who sucks and who doesn't? Is that a basis used to manipulate the drop rates?
  • AtlasAtlas Posts: 34
    What about morningstar that was going to come 8th february..??
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    So no more Hela , Taskmaster , Sentry, Void. etc reruns?
    Also are new champs e.g Gladiator Hulk Killmonger Infinity Thanos etc. gonna have crystals on the first day for 15,000 shards with the regular 20% chance to pull the certain featured champ or will we have to wait for their 4 month rerun?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    After thinking over about this I feel like this change was unnecessary, I get that now getting 5* Versions of some champs has been more available due to updating the basic pool. But you could have just removed reruns and it would basically be the same. Sense the first featureds would give you a chance at that new 5*. Plus. Not everyone will be uncollected so this really screws those guys over.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    @MishHammer84
    They are not considering anything they have their hearts set out on this master plan. Notice how the subject changes when a respond comes through.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    @Kabam Miike Please give us a general overview of the type of data used from AW/AQ used for the list of 18. How can you possibly defend the list of Mystigs compared to the rest?

Champs with highest % of health remaining or died the least? .... Because they never fought? It's not because they are boss killers.
    The people that use then really well probably use them for a synergy with a goof champ.

Maybe those were 18 champs with best Diversity. SMH!!