**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    You aren't getting an increased chance at Ant-Man.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    This is not an increased chance to get the featured champ as advertised. This is a decreased chance to get the champ and an increased chance to dupe an awful chat.

Kabam did not advertise the new featured crystal has having an increased chance to get the featured champion. Kabam stated that the odds of getting any of the champions in the new crystal would be the same as all other champions in that crystal. That means the odds of getting any particular champion is one in twenty-four. That is lower than the approximately one in five (esimated) chance of pulling the featured champion in the current featured crystals.
  • I am so curious about that,how far is this game from the breakdown,with this business marketing.we are not a piece of lemon,to squeeze out the last drops.doesn't look like an endless wonder......
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    This is not an increased chance to get the featured champ as advertised. This is a decreased chance to get the champ and an increased chance to dupe an awful chat.

For those of us, who saved for 6 or 7 months to target champs that will help us with content, this intentionally deceptive manipulative and dishonest attempt to nerf 5 star feature shards puts us further behind the top players.

Blade is still going to be available so this isn't true
  • Flash_AsherFlash_Asher Posts: 80
    In case you missed the list on page 7!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN6WctlhtXI
  • richo82richo82 Posts: 50
    Pretty sure this marks the last purchase date of the 15k crystal for me.
    There are only 2 champs I could want in particular in this crystal and would rather not the such random chance at the champ I want to just going completely random. Bring on the sig 99 luke cage.
  • The question is that,why this company leaves a bitter taste on the mouth of everyone?(ok,not just bitter taste,there are as.....ers too,that can be a different taste,i guess)
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    Wow. Just one night and we have such a long thread.

What are the odds of GMC versus the odds of the featured 5* crystals?
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    @Kabam Miike I would like to make one suggestion.

There's one thing I like about this. If there's a champ in my roster that I'd really like to dupe, and that champ is in the crystal, then the odds of pulling him are much greater.

However, if there *aren't* any champs that I want, then I have to wait 3 months for the next version of the crystal. That's painfully long.

I suggest changing the crystal every month. It would still have 6 new champs, but they would be the 6 most recent. So every month 2 are removed, 4 stay, and the 2 newest champs are added in.

The other 18 are refreshed. So if you don't like the heroes in this month's crystal, you can wait one month for a new batch instead of three months.

Imagine a bad, but likely common scenario with the crystal you've proposed. The current crystal doesn't have something you want. You wait 3 months, then the champs you want *still* aren't in the crystal. You waited 3 months for nothing, and now your choices are the bad odds of the regular crystal or wait *another* 3 months with no guarantee that the next crystal will have what you want.

A monthly refresh would add a lot of hope to this crystal.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Dr_ARCHer wrote: »

The Grandmaster Crystal has 3 and 4 stars in it. The Grandmaster featured as well, but seems to have an increased chance for 5 stars compared to the normal one (just my observation).

So they cannot really be compared to 5 star crystals.
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    I want to know why kabam got rid of the 20-25 percent chance we had for the featured champ..when we risked 5k shards it was because we had an “increased chance”...20-25 percent to land that champ..now you are making us risk 5000 shards for an equal chance at all 24..you really need to understand how this makes no sense at all seriously sit down with the game team and think about it..why would anyone want the same chance of getting an antman as a Hela
  • Is the inventory amounts being increased due to the stated non interest in some crystals for T4b, T4c and alphas? Since we will be saving for higher interested crystals and not ranking lower interest 5* just because we got them.
    LiquidButt wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

Maybe i missed it but how often does this crystal get "refreshed" ? like how often do the 18 champs get changed?

There will be a New Crystal every 3 Months. This Crystal will feature the 6 newest Champions, and another pool of 18 Champions as the Base Pool.

• ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111

[/quote]

Again, we never said that they were the best performing. It is also important to keep in mind that what may be desirable at your level of play may differ from other players as well. A lot of players could use a Champ that hits as hard as Storm with her Special Attacks, or the ability to shrug off debuffs like Agent Venom, or Stun like Jane Foster.
    [/
    [/quote]

Hey Miike, how many times have you and Adora, claimed that something in the game was being changed to maintain or restore balance among players? The game has never been less balanced than it is right now. But now you feel that newer players or veteran players (who went 0-12 in featured crystals, or are holding 2 science 5* AGs,) shouldn’t have the same opportunities that other players were given?
    Just be straight with players and explain to us that there are certain 5* champs that are too OP for the current content, but it’s too soon to nerf them, and you’ll generate more revenue from players who need to settle for a 5* R4 unduped Storm or Ant man instead of AA or Ice Man etc.
    Players will be upset but they’ll appreciate the honesty

• bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    I have serious question right here and need an answer.

1) Will the new 5* Featured crystal has the same drop rate chance as in the basic 5* crystal but limited to only 24? Because that's what I think you guys are trying to do.

Yes, every Champion in the 5-Star Featured Crystal will have exactly the same chance to drop from the Crystal.

There is a clear cons on the new 5* Featured crystal: the chance to get our favourite 5* champ from the 6 new champs will be reduced significantly.

The better way to do, if the plan to do new 5* Featured crystal is unavoidable, is to make the same chance to get the featured champ in the current 5* Featured crystal only apply to the 6 new champs. It's not fair to have the same drop rate to all 24 champs when the curated 18 champs aren't even in our concern.
    Logically speaking, why would we waste our time to collect 5* shards only to spend the extra 5k shard on new 5* Featured crystal and not getting one of those 6 new champs?
    I bet everyone will agree with me.

I don't think that bet is a good idea. I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, but both options seem wrong. The estimated chance to get the featured in the current featured 5* crystal is about 20% or one in five. You don't want them to make the chance to get one of the featured champs in the new crystal one in five, because the announced version has a six in twenty four or one in four chance to get a featured champion. It is higher.

Alternatively, if you mean the odds of pulling *each* featured in the announced crystal should be the same as the odds of pulling featured in the current crystal, that's impossible. There are six of them, and if each had a one in five chance of being pulled that's 120%. That's mathematically meaningless.

Do you even math? Even if the chance to pull the 6 new champs among the 24 is 20% per champ, one crystal is still giving you 20% chance to get one of them. You can't add all of them and assuming that is the chance of you getting them from the crystal.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I have serious question right here and need an answer.

1) Will the new 5* Featured crystal has the same drop rate chance as in the basic 5* crystal but limited to only 24? Because that's what I think you guys are trying to do.

Yes, every Champion in the 5-Star Featured Crystal will have exactly the same chance to drop from the Crystal.

There is a clear cons on the new 5* Featured crystal: the chance to get our favourite 5* champ from the 6 new champs will be reduced significantly.

The better way to do, if the plan to do new 5* Featured crystal is unavoidable, is to make the same chance to get the featured champ in the current 5* Featured crystal only apply to the 6 new champs. It's not fair to have the same drop rate to all 24 champs when the curated 18 champs aren't even in our concern.
    Logically speaking, why would we waste our time to collect 5* shards only to spend the extra 5k shard on new 5* Featured crystal and not getting one of those 6 new champs?
    I bet everyone will agree with me.

I don't think that bet is a good idea. I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, but both options seem wrong. The estimated chance to get the featured in the current featured 5* crystal is about 20% or one in five. You don't want them to make the chance to get one of the featured champs in the new crystal one in five, because the announced version has a six in twenty four or one in four chance to get a featured champion. It is higher.

Alternatively, if you mean the odds of pulling *each* featured in the announced crystal should be the same as the odds of pulling featured in the current crystal, that's impossible. There are six of them, and if each had a one in five chance of being pulled that's 120%. That's mathematically meaningless.

Do you even math? Even if the chance to pull the 6 new champs among the 24 is 20% per champ, one crystal is still giving you 20% chance to get one of them. You can't add all of them and assuming that is the chance of you getting them from the crystal.

I do math. I have no idea what you're doing.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Um... yes you are. 1 in 24 is much better odds for antman than the current basic or featured crystal

I’ll give you a hand with the math...

Basic Pool - 84 champions (when the new crystal arrives), one of which is Ant-Man. Therefore, I have a 1/84, or 1.19%, chance to pull him from a basic, 10k shard 5* crystal.

New Featured Pool - 24 champions, one of which is Antman. From this crystal, I have a 1/24, or 4.16%, chance at pulling him from this awful new Featured 5* Crystal.

Seems to me that if I want to dupe one of the worst champions in the game for the third time, the featured is the way to go.

Seems to me you should wait until the crystal changes in May, and have a zero percent chance of duping him.
    @Kabam Miike I would like to make one suggestion.

There's one thing I like about this. If there's a champ in my roster that I'd really like to dupe, and that champ is in the crystal, then the odds of pulling him are much greater.

However, if there *aren't* any champs that I want, then I have to wait 3 months for the next version of the crystal. That's painfully long.

I suggest changing the crystal every month. It would still have 6 new champs, but they would be the 6 most recent. So every month 2 are removed, 4 stay, and the 2 newest champs are added in.

The other 18 are refreshed. So if you don't like the heroes in this month's crystal, you can wait one month for a new batch instead of three months.

Imagine a bad, but likely common scenario with the crystal you've proposed. The current crystal doesn't have something you want. You wait 3 months, then the champs you want *still* aren't in the crystal. You waited 3 months for nothing, and now your choices are the bad odds of the regular crystal or wait *another* 3 months with no guarantee that the next crystal will have what you want.

A monthly refresh would add a lot of hope to this crystal.

Just for the record, by my recollection this (or something similar) has been suggested now at least four or five times. I think Kabam should strongly consider it when its being independently suggested that often. The above reasons are also almost exactly identical to mine.
    edited January 2018

I’ll give you a hand with the math...

Basic Pool - 84 champions (when the new crystal arrives), one of which is Ant-Man. Therefore, I have a 1/84, or 1.19%, chance to pull him from a basic, 10k shard 5* crystal.

New Featured Pool - 24 champions, one of which is Antman. From this crystal, I have a 1/24, or 4.16%, chance at pulling him from this awful new Featured 5* Crystal.

Seems to me that if I want to dupe one of the worst champions in the game for the third time, the featured is the way to go.

It's not advertised as "Increased Chance At Ant-Man". The probability may be greater, but probability is not concrete when we are dealing with RNG. Actually, your math is correct, but the focus is not right. The current Crystal has a higher Basic probability than anything. That means you currently have a greater chance at a Champ you don't want.
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    Dr_ARCHer wrote: »

The Grandmaster Crystal has 3 and 4 stars in it. The Grandmaster featured as well, but seems to have an increased chance for 5 stars compared to the normal one (just my observation).

So they cannot really be compared to 5 star crystals.

Actually, if you focus only on the featured 5* and the non featured 5*, you can work out the expected number of units needed to get the featured 5* and the non featured 5*.

Say you want the featured 5* champ. You can either purchase the featured 5* crystal (@ 15000 shards per crystal) and the non featured GMC (@200 units per crystal), or you purchase the featured GMC (@300 units per crystal) and the non featured 5* crystal (@10000 shards per crystal). If you have 600 units and 30000 shards, you can buy 2 featured 5* crystals and 3 non featured GMCs, or you can buy 3 non featured 5* and 2 featured GMCs. Which one gives you higher odds of getting featured 5* and which one gives you high odds of non featured 5*?

BTW, my own data suggested that the odds of pulling a 5* (featured or non featured) from a featured GMC seems higher than a non featured GMC. This is consistent with your observation.

• FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    So with 10k I can land iceman Hyperion starlord voodoo the archangel the list goes on....but for 15 k I can get Antman or sentry...and ur telling me same chance for any of them...think about it kabam...how dumb this is..change it..u see the feedback already ...this isn’t smart
    Conversely, an equal chance at any particular Champ is a much more fair system.