**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• I think it makes sence,i am going to save 45k,to open 3 featured and pull 2,or 3 antmans,because of the REAL rng.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Corpsman wrote: »
    You aren't getting an increased chance at Ant-Man.

I’ll give you a hand with the math...

Basic Pool - 84 champions (when the new crystal arrives), one of which is Ant-Man. Therefore, I have a 1/84, or 1.19%, chance to pull him from a basic, 10k shard 5* crystal.

New Featured Pool - 24 champions, one of which is Antman. From this crystal, I have a 1/24, or 4.16%, chance at pulling him from this awful new Featured 5* Crystal.

Seems to me that if I want to dupe one of the worst champions in the game for the third time, the featured is the way to go.

Dude you should be excited. Kabam said he’s one of the most effective champs in aw.

Really? When did they do that?

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    tutyimutyi wrote: »
    I think it makes sence,i am going to save 45k,to open 3 featured and pull 2,or 3 antmans,because of the REAL rng.
    You can do that now.
  • The kabam made rng is able for that.
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    We will not know if we are better off with the new crystals from the old ones until we know what were the odds for the old crystals.
  • GDanielGDaniel Posts: 3
    No sé en qué cambiará esto, pero sigo sin entender como a algunos con uno o dos cristal destacado les sale el personaje.
    En mi caso tengo una pésima experiencia del cristal de 15000 esquirlas, me salió un gambito y después un luke cage que decepción. Ya ni ganas dan de abrir cristales de 5*
  • GanuiGanui Posts: 11
    Dr_ARCHer wrote: »
    Wow. Just one night and we have such a long thread.

What are the odds of GMC versus the odds of the featured 5* crystals?

The Grandmaster Crystal has 3 and 4 stars in it. The Grandmaster featured as well, but seems to have an increased chance for 5 stars compared to the normal one (just my observation).

So they cannot really be compared to 5 star crystals.

Actually, if you focus only on the featured 5* and the non featured 5*, you can work out the expected number of units needed to get the featured 5* and the non featured 5*.

Say you want the featured 5* champ. You can either purchase the featured 5* crystal (@ 15000 shards per crystal) and the non featured GMC (@200 units per crystal), or you purchase the featured GMC (@300 units per crystal) and the non featured 5* crystal (@10000 shards per crystal). If you have 600 units and 30000 shards, you can buy 2 featured 5* crystals and 3 non featured GMCs, or you can buy 3 non featured 5* and 2 featured GMCs. Which one gives you higher odds of getting featured 5* and which one gives you high odds of non featured 5*?

BTW, my own data suggested that the odds of pulling a 5* (featured or non featured) from a featured GMC seems higher than a non featured GMC. This is consistent with your observation.

i want to see those odds as for me atm the odds are 0% (over a decent amount of tries) to get any 5* out of the fgmc, nevertheless a featured 5*
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Basic Pool - 84 champions (when the new crystal arrives), one of which is Ant-Man. Therefore, I have a 1/84, or 1.19%, chance to pull him from a basic, 10k shard 5* crystal.

New Featured Pool - 24 champions, one of which is Antman. From this crystal, I have a 1/24, or 4.16%, chance at pulling him from this awful new Featured 5* Crystal.

Seems to me that if I want to dupe one of the worst champions in the game for the third time, the featured is the way to go.

It's not advertised as "Increased Chance At Ant-Man". The probability may be greater, but probability is not concrete when we are dealing with RNG. Actually, your math is correct, but the focus is not right. The current Crystal has a higher Basic probability than anything. That means you currently have a greater chance at a Champ you don't want.

How is it possible that in this entire thread, this is the most bizarre sequence of words I've read all day.
    People are defocusing on one Champ, Ant-Man. Which for all intensive purposes represents an unfavorable pull. As it stands, the estimated probability of pulling a Basic is much higher than the 4% that represents Ant-Man.

• ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    We will not know if we are better off with the new crystals from the old ones until we know what were the odds for the old crystals.

You'll never get those old odds. I suspect they've revamped the odds now so it is pure RNG. That way they can tell apple that consumers get a 1/84 chance in the basic 5*. The FGMC odd and how they plan to comply with Apple guidelines is what I am curious about. If it is pure RNG what are the odds of pulling a 4* or 5* vs a 3*. If it is true RNG these crystal odds might actually improve vs what we have now.
    Ganui wrote: »
    i want to see those odds as for me atm the odds are 0% (over a decent amount of tries) to get any 5* out of the fgmc, nevertheless a featured 5*

My own data suggests a rate of 1 out of between 80 to 100 for a 5* pull. I don’t have enough data to conclude on the rate for featured 5* pull. For example, for the Void crystals, I think I opened over 2000 crystals, but only got Sentry once, but got several other 5*. Perhaps this is a blessing, else I will end up with dysentery. 😊
  • Dr_ARCHer wrote: »

You'll never get those old odds. I suspect they've revamped the odds now so it is pure RNG. That way they can tell apple that consumers get a 1/84 chance in the basic 5*. The FGMC odd and how they plan to comply with Apple guidelines is what I am curious about. If it is pure RNG what are the odds of pulling a 4* or 5* vs a 3*. If it is true RNG these crystal odds might actually improve vs what we have now.

it can be behind the decision of the new featured 5*,i do agree with you.
  • GanuiGanui Posts: 11
    Ganui wrote: »

My own data suggests a rate of 1 out of between 80 to 100 for a 5* pull. I don’t have enough data to conclude on the rate for featured 5* pull. For example, for the Void crystals, I think I opened over 2000 crystals, but only got Sentry once, but got several other 5*. Perhaps this is a blessing, else I will end up with dysentery. 😊

you have opened 2000x 300u crystals?
  • Anonymous2354Anonymous2354 Posts: 44
    @Grimmbear there's only a few champs on there that are good. Eg Hela, doc ock and Hawkeye. This crystal is not worth the gamble lol
    RNG and odds are two different things. A fair dice is like an RNG, and the odds of getting a 1 is 1/6. However, if I repaint the 5 and 6 with a 1, the dice is still fair I.e.RNG, but the odds of getting a 1 is now 1/2.
  • Captain_2goodCaptain_2good Posts: 145
    The 12.0 Apocalypse is upon us again. Only instead of champs being nerfed, it's crystals this time.
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    When I look at the champs that were selected for that Crystal, i need to ask, why so much hate for the players?
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    Kabam needs to just tell you that they are adding the 5* featured arena already. This is why they changing the 5* crystal... Kabammed...
  • There is just one and only reason behind this,to make it more difficult for the us,to get good heroes for lol,act5 100%,aq,aw and for the uncollected event quest,so we have to spend more,if we want to push.this is my opinion.

It's not advertised as "Increased Chance At Ant-Man". The probability may be greater, but probability is not concrete when we are dealing with RNG. Actually, your math is correct, but the focus is not right. The current Crystal has a higher Basic probability than anything. That means you currently have a greater chance at a Champ you don't want.

How is it possible that in this entire thread, this is the most bizarre sequence of words I've read all day.
    People are defocusing on one Champ, Ant-Man. Which for all intensive purposes represents an unfavorable pull. As it stands, the estimated probability of pulling a Basic is much higher than the 4% that represents Ant-Man.

I hate it when people start defocusing on deAnt-Man. Their intensive purposes become unfavorable.

Okay, so that's funny. The comment sounded somewhat like Word Soup. I'll give you that. Lol.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    tutyimutyi wrote: »
    There is just one and only reason behind this,to make it more difficult for the us,to get good heroes for lol,act5 100%,aq,aw and for the uncollected event quest,so we have to spend more,if we want to push.this is my opinion.

Since they are letting us rerun Medusa and Blade, in my opinion they aren't very good at this.
  • MandagarMandagar Posts: 51
    Dear @Kabam Miike ,
    This new Featured Crystal idea is utter garbage. How is this supposed to make things better? Where are the really good champions like Dr. Voodoo, Iceman, GP, or AA just to name a few? Why weren't even one or two of these considered to go in the list of 18? I have saved up enough 5-Star shards for the upcoming Blade featured crystal, enough to purchase two crystals, but after that I SERIOUSLY doubt that I will put anymore stock in this featured crystal idea.

With the recent announcement of the so called six-star champions, which by the way, where are they? Weren't the the first ones supposed to be released in sometime in January? 10k shards for the 5-Stars and 6-Star basic shard crystals is ridiculous. Okay, make it 10k for the 6-Star basic and 15k for the 6-Star featured but cut the shard cost for 5-Stars in half. You should make it 5k for the 5-Star basic and 10k for the 5-Star featured. This is just a suggestion that I doubt you will pay any attention to but I hope you or others might consider it. However, we all know that is not the case.

I just can't condone spending 15K shards on this new featured crystal and I seriously hope that the rest of the Marvel Contest of Champions Gaming Community feels the same way.

• People earn their Shards the same way, with the exception of a few Offers. How they spend them is really not that consequential. I don't believe it's possible that NO ONE will buy it. However, I don't think it makes a difference to them whether you purchase a Basic or a Featured.

Your absolutely right. They don't care what you spend your shards on, only that you spend your units and money on the featured grandmaster crystals.