**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• DNA3000 wrote: »

Since they are letting us rerun Medusa and Blade, in my opinion they aren't very good at this.

you are right,partly.they are gamechanging,true.lots of people saved crystals for them.probable lots of them are going to get them.what about the rest of the players?are they going to have a chance like this in the future?if they spend on gmc,maybe.is kabam going to give a good hero pool for the featured 5*?i do not think so.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    People earn their Shards the same way, with the exception of a few Offers. How they spend them is really not that consequential. I don't believe it's possible that NO ONE will buy it. However, I don't think it makes a difference to them whether you purchase a Basic or a Featured.

Your absolutely right. They don't care what you spend your shards on, only that you spend your units and money on the featured grandmaster crystals.

I can't say that that's accurate either. We don't know the rates of those Crystals, but I suspect that landing a Featured 5* would be less than 4%.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    There's potential in the change and at least you're open about the equal chances, but for 15K it still seems unbalanced particularly as a few of the newer champs are also below par. Even if you made it half trash champs, 6 decent ones and the 6 featured for the 15K it'd probably get a more positive reaction and it might seem like a gamble worth taking. But most of the list, on top of the lower chance to get the desired champ seems pretty average, there is no enough carrot to go with so much stick.
    It might just be that the list of 18 provided is lacking in any champs capable of completing LOL which is the main aim for a lot of us. Hopefully the next lot of 18 has a better selection and at least a few who are end game capable.
  • TibzanTibzan Posts: 26
    edited January 2018
    Can't wait for karma to hit back at Kabam, consequences for **** actions come eventually.
  • RobertkoRobertko Posts: 47
    I appreciate the candor and transparency associated with this change. It is clear that this will increase the value of the featured grand master crystals, which will result in the purchase of Odins. It will also increase the disparity between the lucky and the unlucky. If you accept the gambling nature of this game, , then this is a logical extension of that.

If Kabam occassionally offers a five star champ for sale (like The Vision), I think that would be a fair compromise.
  • MandagarMandagar Posts: 51
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    pfd89cjs44901.jpg

@Kabam Miike,
    This is what you are feeding us. It looks pretty but it sure as hell stinks. Give the Marvel Contest of Champions Gaming Community what we want to see.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    Can we have a better explanation of this new crystal please.

Can you be more specific? What information would you like clarification on?

Is it ONLY containing 6 individual champions? or just 6 featured champions in addition to all the basics. That part was not clear to me.
  • GargameshGargamesh Posts: 66
    Hopefully the next lot of 18 has a better selection and at least a few who are end game capable.
    See that sums up the whole problem, the new system isn't even out yet and already we are waiting for the next batch...

Pretty safe to say the new system is sh*t

Since they are letting us rerun Medusa and Blade, in my opinion they aren't very good at this.

plus,just imagine that,if they do not do the medusa and blade 5* featured.there is an "elite" in this game,which spends crazy amounts of money,they had the chance to save hundreds of thousands of 5* crystal fragments and most of them saved that for blade,or for medusa.if kabam cancelled those featured crystals,that can have a same result,like a blade nerf could have.big boycott,they might loose a lots of big spenders.
  • sawe5456sawe5456 Posts: 31
    correct me if im wrong, @Kabam Miike , this seems to be good news for players
    1) now its easier to get latest champs, 1/24 chance vs 1/~100
    2) now its easier to awaken desired champs, 1/24 chance vs 1/~100
    3) now we can 100% evade low tier champs like lcage/shulk/whoever we dont want

Btw, any compensation for players who now has less chance at god tier champs ? 1/24 vs 1/5 (people say)
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

This is just CRAZY UGLY STUFF!
    edited January 2018
    Sky wrote: »
    This is great news! I will never have to stress over the decision to buy a featured crystal again because these are absolutely terrible. 5K shards for a 20ish percent at the champ you want was worth it. 5K shards for a 4% chance, why would anyone bother? These crystals are worthless.

it might be a terrible deal, but its 20% for a featured champ, instead of spending your shards on a potentially bad character there is an equal chance within that 20% to pull a decent 5* champ, so like if theres a terrible featured champ in the crystal, hes only gonna have a 4% chance, however, say, stark spidey would also be a 4% chance. i think you guys might be over reacting and it might turn out better than expected.
  • People earn their Shards the same way, with the exception of a few Offers. How they spend them is really not that consequential. I don't believe it's possible that NO ONE will buy it. However, I don't think it makes a difference to them whether you purchase a Basic or a Featured.

Your absolutely right. They don't care what you spend your shards on, only that you spend your units and money on the featured grandmaster crystals.

I can't say that that's accurate either. We don't know the rates of those Crystals, but I suspect that landing a Featured 5* would be less than 4%.

Your once again missing the point. They don't care what your chances are. If you buy the FGMC there is a 100% chance of 1 thing....increasing their profits.
    VulcanM wrote: »
    Sky wrote: »
    This is great news! I will never have to stress over the decision to buy a featured crystal again because these are absolutely terrible. 5K shards for a 20ish percent at the champ you want was worth it. 5K shards for a 4% chance, why would anyone bother? These crystals are worthless.

it might be a terrible deal, but its 20% for a featured champ, instead of spending your shards on a potentially bad character there is an equal chance within that 20% to pull a decent 5* champ, so like if theres a terrible featured champ in the crystal, hes only gonna have a 4% chance, however, say, stark spidey would also be a 4% chance. i think you guys might be over reacting and it might turn out better than expected.

actually we might see a rise in bad featured 5* crystal sales because if there is a bad 5* thats more of a reason to buy it, it lowers the chance of a potential bad character and raises the chance of a potentialy good character

• KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    Kabam... why don't you add SW... DS... Wolverine... Electro... Captain WW2... Abomination... Gamora... BW... DD... to this 5* pull instead of the same old garbage... We still waiting on that answer
    People earn their Shards the same way, with the exception of a few Offers. How they spend them is really not that consequential. I don't believe it's possible that NO ONE will buy it. However, I don't think it makes a difference to them whether you purchase a Basic or a Featured.

Your once again missing the point. They don't care what your chances are. If you buy the FGMC there is a 100% chance of 1 thing....increasing their profits.

They may be a business, but that doesn't mean every change is for the sole purpose of extracting money.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

They may be a business, but that doesn't mean every change is for the sole purpose of extracting money.

Have you ever gone for a feature 5*? I have over 20 times, they’re a lot of fun and the part of the game I look forward to most. The spin is exciting, I even occasionally watch the spins of others. I like having a small amount of (earned) control over my roster, I’m definitely going to miss it.

Have you ever gone for a feature 5*? I have over 20 times, they’re a lot of fun and the part of the game I look forward to most. The spin is exciting, I even occasionally watch the spins of others. I like having a small amount of (earned) control over my roster, I’m definitely going to miss it.

Spinning any Crystal has that excitement. You always hope for what you want. Let's face it. What's going to be missed is the fast-track to a new Champ.
    Its_JubJub wrote: »
    if you are ruining the odds of pulling a feature cant you at LEAST have the 18 basic champs out of the basic pool for that 3 months? giving people a chance at pulling somone worth wasting cats on

I don't see how this suggestion helps anyone. That almost sounds like you think they are replacing the featured *pool* with the set of 24 in the featured *crystal* which will still have a basic pool. They are not doing that. They are eliminating the current featured crystal that has a featured pool (with one champion in it), a subfeatured, and a basic pool, and replacing it with the new featured crystal that has a flat equal chance to pull any of the 24 champions in it which will contain six featured champs and eighteen basic champs.

There's no more "basic pool." There is the basic crystal which costs 10k shards and contains every basic champion, and there's the featured crystal which is a different crystal which costs 15k shards and contains 24 champions: six featured and eighteen basic, all with equal chance of being drawn.

The whole point of a featured crystal is to pull the featured champ not spend 5k extra shards to pull another jugg or antman. This idea could have been good if the "basic" champs werent the same ones i have at sig 200....
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited January 2018

Spinning any Crystal has that excitement. You always hope for what you want. Let's face it. What's going to be missed is the fast-track to a new Champ.

You didn’t answer me. And spinning any other crystal doesn’t have that excitement. Maybe the 6* crystal will, we will have to see when that’s finally released. Feature 5* crystal is trying for one specific champ and the happiness when you actually get him or her. Opening a basic 5* does not have the same level of anticipation, at least for me. I get 5 more feature openings, so I guess I’ll enjoy them while I can.

Edit: you are right about the new champ thing though. I was really excited to pull each of my feature champs, it was a trophy for me and I bragged to my friends. Even Falcon and Carnage, lol. It’s not about only getting the best, it’s about getting who we want and having fun playing this game. These were fun for me.
  • LordSneeze wrote: »
    For those that are complaining, I believe that this could be a change that is in direct response to what has happened with Blade.
    A lot of people are hoarding shards to get multiple chances at Blade, which is likely to flood him into the game prior to when Kabam want him to be, this chance limits that ability.

IMO as someone who cannot do that I think this is a great change.

Maybe thats the idea everybody get him and bam update 12.0 happens all over again and blade gets nerfed

You didn’t answer me. And spinning any other crystal doesn’t have that excitement. Maybe the 6* crystal will, we will have to see when that’s finally released. Feature 5* crystal is trying for one specific champ and the happiness when you actually get him or her. Opening a basic 5* does not have the same level of anticipation, at least for me. I get 5 more feature openings, so I guess I’ll enjoy them while I can.

Edit: you are right about the new champ thing though. I was really excited to pull each of my feature champs, it was a trophy for me and I bragged to my friends. Even Falcon and Carnage, lol. It’s not about only getting the best, it’s about getting who we want and having fun playing this game. These were fun for me.

Getting what we want is always fun. That's the point I'm making. It doesn't matter what Crystal you're opening, whether a Featured 5* or a Featured 4*. The point is the same. You're rolling for the Champ you want. That won't change with the new Crystal. People open them for their own reasons, but for the most part, the point of a Featured is to go for the Champ you want. What's changing is the rate they drop. Not the actual point of opening them, or the experience of doing so. The result perhaps.
    To be honest, I see it as more in tandem with the Featured 4*. 100 Units for a Premium, 150 for a Featured. 10,000 Shards for a 5*, 15,000 for a Featured. What the new system does is make it more manageable to gauge what you want, but the drops will be less. The Resources are more valuable than a 4* Featured, but so are the Rewards. From what I suspect, 4% is higher than the 4* Featured as well.
    I'm sorry, but I agree that the Featured was too high in terms of rates compared to other Crystals. You see this among Allies the higher you go. At an estimated 20%, it was literally a matter of rolling every Champ as soon as it came out for the Dup. Since those Allies have the most Shards, we end up with a Leaderboard that looks like a Blade Kaleidoscope. Which is why I don't support the theory that it will cater to those at the top. An equal chance at any one Champ in the Crystal is a fair system, and from what I've seen, it's more than what we can say for the Featured 4.
    The pool will also change. Meaning it will have varying desirables as Champs are added to the game, and rotated in the Basic pool. Those Champs are selected by their own internal datamining, and have are fair chance of being more desirable. Which means less "I bought a Featured and rolled Kamala".
    I think the real issue is the decreased drop for the actual Featured Champ, but I can definitely support it, it was too high to begin with.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike I would like to make one suggestion.

There's one thing I like about this. If there's a champ in my roster that I'd really like to dupe, and that champ is in the crystal, then the odds of pulling him are much greater.

However, if there *aren't* any champs that I want, then I have to wait 3 months for the next version of the crystal. That's painfully long.

I suggest changing the crystal every month. It would still have 6 new champs, but they would be the 6 most recent. So every month 2 are removed, 4 stay, and the 2 newest champs are added in.

The other 18 are refreshed. So if you don't like the heroes in this month's crystal, you can wait one month for a new batch instead of three months.

Imagine a bad, but likely common scenario with the crystal you've proposed. The current crystal doesn't have something you want. You wait 3 months, then the champs you want *still* aren't in the crystal. You waited 3 months for nothing, and now your choices are the bad odds of the regular crystal or wait *another* 3 months with no guarantee that the next crystal will have what you want.

A monthly refresh would add a lot of hope to this crystal.

This is an excellent idea. Not sure if it would make me like the crystal but it would be way better than the current plan.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    People are defocusing on one Champ, Ant-Man. Which for all intensive purposes represents an unfavorable pull. As it stands, the estimated probability of pulling a Basic is much higher than the 4% that represents Ant-Man.

I hate it when people start defocusing on deAnt-Man. Their intensive purposes become unfavorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjq05OXTnV8
  • Jonny_23Jonny_23 Posts: 6
    I feel like this is a huge step back for this game. The 5* featured crystal in its current state at least gives the player some level of control in terms of the 5* champs they get. Though it is a gamble, it still gives the player a much better chance of getting the champ they want. Now all we get is a crystal with a lower chance of getting the champ we want along with a pool of 18 mediocre champs. How you guys think this is an improvement is baffling!
  • richo82richo82 Posts: 50
    I'm not sure on the rate they give a 5* in the fgmc, different players have had different experiences, I usually open 3 to 6 per months and have had 2 5* champs, 1 basic and 1 sub feature, but you can't say that they are there instead of feature 5* crystals because they are not a 5* crystal.
    90% of grandmaster crystals give 3* champs which are for the most part just filler on an account. I don't get any happier pulling a 3* than I do a 2*. Even my sons account at level 17 makes little use of 3* champs.
  • Don't know what the helllllll is going on but ok