**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Apple tells developers to disclose loot box drop odds in their games

With Apple announcing that, and I quote, "Apps offering 'loot boxes' or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must clearly disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase," how and when does Kabam plan on implementing this new rule and how do you think it may affect gameplay? I have not seen any clear disclosure of odds prior to purchasing any of the most recent deals. Thanks guys!

Comments

• ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Why was this flagged?
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    my favorite WEEEKLY post

"cracks" knuckles

does it really matter?

i went 2/2 blade

example i seen someone else go
    0/6 blade
    0/7 iceman (LOOK up anonymous2k)
    0/3 modok
    Even people claim of having as bad as 0/12 (how many wasted shards?)

they all had more chances than me and didnt get them?

let say its 20%(this is what community thinks), u would think at 5 at 20% chances multiply .20 x 5 =1 for = 100% right?

then again i freakin lv 23 with 5* iceman..like seriously how does it effect gameplay? IT LITERALLY made the game easy mode for that lv 23.
    edited January 2018
    my favorite WEEEKLY post

let say its 20%(this is what community thinks), u would think at 5 at 20% chances multiply .20 x 5 =1 for = 100% right?

Mate, dont know if your joking or not, but you know thats not how it works right? Its 20% on every pull. No pull every affects the odds of another pull, its just always 20%

I was simply giving the total % it would it would take for 100% a round number where YOU should get the champion

u can pull it 20 times and go 0/20

You ever see anonymous2k go for 7 iceman crystal to not get him? that's over 100k to get 7 pulls that DIDNT improve his roster at all

then what would u do? go here and complain?

like I said I seen someone go 0-12
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    my favorite WEEEKLY post

Mate, dont know if your joking or not, but you know thats not how it works right? Its 20% on every pull. No pull every affects the odds of another pull, its just always 20%

I was simply giving the total % it would it would take for 100% a round number where YOU should get the champion

u can pull it 20 times and go 0/20

then what would u do? go here and complain?

like I said I seen someone go 0-12

still not making sense mate, sorry. Its always 20% however many you pull. So pop 100 of them and its still only 20% that you get the champ you wanted

You're actually both incorrect, but I can't be bothered explaining why, and neither of you would believe me anyway.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    We don't know the exact number. We estimate around 20%. What Hubris is trying to say is that's not how probability works. It's not additive or multiplcative. If there's a 20% probability, it's 20% every Crystal you open. Which means every Crystal is an 80% chance you won't get the Champ.
  • B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    The reason why Kabam do not currently have to abide is because they haven’t updated the app since the changes. So they are still tied with the old terms. Once they update they agree to abide by apples new enforcements. Watch this space because either way I’m sure Kabam will give us some more information on it close to another update :)
    well I guess I struck gold then?

2/2 blade
    2/3 stark
    1/1 modok
    that's
    5/6
    what are are possibilities of having that "luck"
    to someone who
    goes 0/6 or even 0/12

but hey im not gona complain about my RNG,
  • undefined
    Hi
  • Just do some binomial probability guys.
  • BigDudeBigDude Posts: 82
    edited January 2018
    We don't know the exact number. We estimate around 20%. What Hubris is trying to say is that's not how probability works. It's not additive or multiplcative. If there's a 20% probability, it's 20% every Crystal you open. Which means every Crystal is an 80% chance you won't get the Champ.

Except your chances of pulling 1 featured champ out of 100 crystals is greater than pulling 1 champ out of 50 crystals. assuming the probability for pulling a champ out of each individual crystal is constant. Now if you look at the crystals individually you only have a 20% chance, no one crystal has more of a chance then the other. So someone who opens 2 crystals and pulls 2 featured is incredibly lucky, where as someone who opens 7 crystals and doesn't pull any featured is unlucky.

This is event formula probability similar to dice rolling.

1/5 * 1/5 = 1/25 or 4% chance out of pulling 2 featured in 2 crystals.
    4/5 *4/5*4/5*4/5 *4/5*4/5*4/5= 0.209 or 21% chance to not pull a featured in 7 crystals, not as rare as you think.

Case in point, don't open featured, it is a shard draining scam.
  • BigDudeBigDude Posts: 82
    edited January 2018
    well I guess I struck gold then?

2/2 blade
    2/3 stark
    1/1 modok
    that's
    5/6
    what are are possibilities of having that "luck"
    to someone who
    goes 0/6 or even 0/12

but hey im not gona complain about my RNG,

1/5*1/5*1/5*1/5*1/5*4/5=0.000256 or 0.0256% chance.

When I see that, it leads me to believe there are odds manipulation behind the scenes, which is what their patent was on in the past.. But who knows, you may just be the guy who has the best luck in MCOC.

0 for 12

(4/5)^12 = 0.0687 or 6.87% chance so actually someone going 0 for 12 is 268 times more likely then your 5 of 6.

of course this assumes 20% pull rate is constant, which I personally am highly suspicious of