**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Requesting for help in Arena

2»

Comments

• Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    Either way, I think it's safe to say this should be looked at or even possibly reworked. People have made some pretty interesting points and I would love to hear what kabam has to say on the matter.

@Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Vydious
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    Why is it we must sit here and request for help in the arena one by one, champion by champion? If you have a pretty sizeable roster, compete in multiple arenas, this can become very tedious. I really don't understand why you simply can't add a "request help for all" button. The amount of time players need put into the arena is crazy (I don't mind, I enjoy playing the game) but do we really need to sit there and tap 100+ LAGGY help buttons?? I say laggy because there's some kind of delay on the buttons, it isn't smooth, I need to tap... wait... tap.... wait. Pretty frustrating.

well then its lucky you have a help 4 button on there so you dont have to click them on by one
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Can anyone else confirm this is the reasoning?
    Nope, that's bs. He's not a developer and he's reasoning wrong.

It would be a problem only if the Hell All button send a bunch submits, sending individually every Help.
    But only very amateurs developers would design it in that way.

The Help All button would send ONE submit, packing the whole helps.
    In fact, this design would be safer for the servers, because it would prevent thousands players sending submits for hundreds champs.

Anyway, if they cannot handle their userbase, it's not a excuse, they should invests their revenues improving their platform.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Can anyone else confirm this is the reasoning?
    Nope, that's bs. He's not a developer and he's reasoning wrong.

It would be a problem only if the Hell All button send a bunch submits, sending individually every Help.
    But only very amateurs developers would design it in that way.

The Help All button would send ONE submit, packing the whole helps.
    In fact, this design would be safer for the servers, because it would prevent thousands players sending submits for hundreds champs.

Anyway, if they cannot handle their userbase, it's not a excuse, they should invests their revenues improving their platform.

The problem with all the speculation surrounding this issue is that basically all of it doesn't appear to reflect how these games generally work. If I had to guess, I would say the problem is that the action of requesting help for a single champion is an atomic request that can't be trivially "packaged" into a multiple request action because the front end doesn't work that way. The game client seems to do most things with HTTP(s) XML or RPC requests through a Google cloud front end. There are probably architectural limits to what you can do with such a front end that make retrofitting the request system after the system was implemented non-trivial. The alternative would be to use a pass through, but the back end servers probably aren't designed for that kind of computational load.

The complicating factor here is that the front end processing is probably happening with relatively state-light web apps that have to synchronize across a global database, probably Cloud SQL, maybe something else. If transactional latency exceeds a certain amount, it would probably cause issues with the game clients. Forcing the help requests to be singular and serialized is probably a form of pseudo throttle. Tampering with that without understanding the dynamics of the game system sounds like a good way to get yourself fired.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited January 2018
    I don't understand what are you arguing. But well, it's Internet.

Anyway, it's a fact it's not true a Help All bottom will screw the servers because it's not true a Help All should be hundred submits (as was stated at the beginning)
    It's a fact a Help All feature could be and should be one submit packing the whole data, and it's a fact do it is not Alien technology.
    It's a fact Kabam's developers knows how do it and can do it because it already was done in the Help 4 bottom.

We already can Give packs of helps but "cannot" Ask packs of helps because "it's technologically impossible". Of course, it can. It's not necessary to make a mountain from a mole hill.