**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    To be honest, i feel this to be a horrible change. I applaud shorting the list of trash champs but this will also hurt us as well. For example, i pop 15k of shards for a champ like modok, and get arch angel or hyperion. But with you new system, they may not be on the list. So that increases the chances again to pull garbage like collosuss if hes in the list.

Also i dont want to go for a featured, and get another featured. If i save up for a champ, i want to go for that champ. Were going from a roughly 1 in 5 chance to 1 and 24. That is horrible odds now.

Speaking of the odds, when will they be released to the public?

At this point, since 15k shards will be even more a waste. Let us cash them in for units. So we can buy the crystal that has a 5* featured, but also odds are u get a 3 star..

Come on, Kabam.. Every step forward, you guys take 3 steps back.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    I seen SEATIN the youtuber discuss this and i agree with SEATIN. I dont agree with this new featured 5 star crystal.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    That's great, now I can't even go for a science champ specifically with my 3 5* science AGs. Void better not be Sentry tier
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Hey @Kabam Miike and everyone else check Out MCoC Reddit “New 5* featured crystal vs basic odds”
  • ZenioZenio Posts: 106
    The dislike for this change goes to show everybody wants to be like the next.. wanna brag because they got a certain champion, wanna be praised because they got a certain champion..etc.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Dagonelle wrote: »
    So the new featured crystal is just a new version of the basic crystal that costs 5000 shards more?

What’s the point? The only way that the new featured crystal is better than the old one is if the old featured crystal had odds worse than 1 in 18 which is what the new one is. I’ve got to say I’m disappointed

The original Featured Hero Crystal had one purpose, and that was because it was originally the only chance you had at a 5-Star Champion, and potentially meant that the Champion would never come around again. This has changed, and that means that this Crystal has run its course.

5-Star Champions are coming to a place where they are now added to the regular Champion pool at the same consistency as other rarities.

Riiiiiiiggghhhtttt.....

And it has zero to do with Apple's new rule on disclosing rates in drop boxes...

Not really. The rate of the Featured has always been in favor of the Players. Estimated around 20%. Now it's about a 4% chance. There is no logic that supports the connection.

What’s your opinion on this?

To be honest, I'm still having coffee, digesting. I think it's a varied range of Champs in the pool. Better chances to Dup, which means more 6* Shards. If there are 6 Featured Champs in the Crystal, that's actually a 33.333...% chance at a Featured. That may lessen the chance of one specific Champ, which is why people may be upset, but I think it's time to even the chance. The Featured has had a higher probability for a long time. Personally I don't see anything objectionable. I don't agree that it's connected to Apple.

Edit: That's a 25% chance to pull a Featured. I was thinking there were 18 in the Crystal. Still more than we estimated. Just not for one specific Champ.

And a 4.166666 chance of getting the one you want...

I'm not complaining, just figured for clarity since everyone is talking about getting a specific champ
  • ZenioZenio Posts: 106
    and no more RNG huh 😆
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Im just surprised after 28 pages of pretty much everyone disagreeing besides a couple of "smart" guys that they don't want to change their mind at all. What are you guys doing anyway just sitting there waiting for us to get tired out?
    Get it through your skulls no one is enjoying the thought of this idea please just say you are mixing this idea up to help us as well.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    How about you remove all of the champs in the basic that are being used for the new featured crystal. That means there wouldn’t be able to pull a spectacular cyclops in the basic for 3 months, but the player community could manage....
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Yeah this confirms that the lack of an update was due to Apple regs. This change is due to that. It is also due to the unbalancing of the game by Kabam. They have created so many useless champs and a handful of god like champs. The game is flooded with Stark Spideys and Blades because people can control who they get to an extent by saving shards. This change will help the whale alliances and Kabam. Now people will not be able to catch the whale alliances with high prestige champs unless they are bought via FGMC.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    This is absolute trash...... Woohoo... We get more of a chance to dubb a pos character while going for these, not even that great, features... FOR 1/4 OF THE YEAR!!! The long wait for a God Tier mutant to use my five* awakening on that I've had for close to a year or over a YEAR now... Fix ur friggin game and champs not responding/dropped blocks 4 worrying about this kind of bs!!!!!
  • bradshaw84bradshaw84 Posts: 31
    The frustrating element of this game has always been that unlike most games there seems a concerted effort on the part of the developer to not reward effort. It doesn’t matter how hard you play or if you spend, the results are largely down to poor RNG percentages. Because we all play for the same reason right? To get new and great champs.

The 15k crystal as it is now offered a clear and distinct goal for hard workers to aim for a specific champ, it wasn’t a guarantee it was a better chance and the harder u grinder and saved the better still your chances became.

In what universe is hard work a negative thing? KABAM LAND, that’s where. RNG has always been their core, because the gamble is where they make their money.

I don’t know many who consistently buy the featured GMC’s and obviously neither to kabam. This change is motivated SOLELY by their bottom line and then they brazenly try to pass it off in game with an insulting message from the grandmaster about the current system being outdated and how the new system will benefit us.

It’s a long con.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    edited January 2018
    This is absolute trash...... Woohoo... We get more of a chance to dubb a pos character while going for these, not even that great, features... FOR 1/4 OF THE YEAR!!! The long wait for a God Tier mutant to use my five* awakening on that I've had for close to a year or over a YEAR now... Fix ur friggin game and champs not responding/dropped blocks b4 worrying about this kind of bs!!!!!
  • DoofinatorDoofinator Posts: 23
    edited January 2018
    So roughly speaking the odds of getting the featured you want have dropped from 20-25% to 4.17%...or roughly 1/6 of the chance to get the feature you wanted. It’s not a coincidence you put 6 features in the crystal. The odds aren’t better to pull a feature, they’re the same, it’s just the odds are MUCH worse to pull a feature you want as most are still garbage (not counting that extremely lackluster basic pool you’re trying to sell as good).

I see this as 3 things:
    A- Laziness. Less updates. Being forced to share your odds
    B- Blatant money grab as you’re still offering specific featured crystals using uncollected grandmasters. You want people to spend units, not shards. (with units => $$)
    C- A way to limit/control who gets top tier champs (ie Whales/Spenders...see -B). This also slows progression for everyone else as they can’t strategically save and ensures anyone attempting to break into the top ranks will have to churn through as many crystals as possible to catch up. It’s basically a more expensive Basic crystal. It only has more appeal if you’re also seeking ~6 or more of the basic pool champs.

We’re not dumb. Please don’t treat us as such. Until the basic pool is padded with AT LEAST 3 god champs this crystal is garbage and you know it. Worse odds, same shards, favors spenders...
    Smh
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    So what are the odds of pulling the 5* featured champ in the FGMC that you purchase for 300 units?
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    There’s a lower chance of getting what you want, but a higher chance of avoiding what you don’t want since you’ll know who’s in the 24. This would help in duping. If it’s not worth it to you just open a basic and save 5000 shards. I don’t prefer this set up but I do see its benefits.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    The way I see it, this crystal's value is indirectly proportional to the 5* shard generation rate of a player. The more shards you earn, and the more 5* you have pulled, the lower the value of the average 5* Featured Crystal under this new system. It would have to line up with a great selection of new champs combined with a large number of quality basics to have much value for the people able to earn enough shards that 15k is not too high a price. With it only refreshing every 3 months, that's boring as ****, as it could be years before the crystal has a decent value.
    But if you are a recent starter, or in the mid-level, and have a smaller 5* roster, the crystal's value is much higher... but it's too expensive to justify the cost to someone for whom quantity of 5* champs is as good or better than quality.
    Some will no doubt still pull, as they will have plenty of time to save more shards for the next round, and need that chance of getting the new, higher prestige champs, but I would be very surprised if purchase rates of the new crystals match that of even a mediocre champ under the old system.
    1) Have it refresh more often, so we have a higher chance of getting a sufficiently valuable option before we die of old age, or
    2) Reduce the number of basics so that at least the odds of a new Featured goes up, but don't further reduce quality of said basics, or
    3) Adjust your curation analytics to match the champ usage of upper mid-level and high-level players/alliances, as no doubt much of the usage data comes from the proportionately larger number of lower level and casual players who use champs such as Ronan, Cyclops, etc due to having a much more limited roster to choose from, or
    4) Make large numbers of champ improvements for older champs so that their value is increased. The soon-to-start beta test for LC and RH will hopefully just be the first in a series of constant tweaks to lesser used champs. This way, you at least up the general value of the crystal so that more champs are useful to more players. Or,
    All the above? The more the merrier. We need the Featured Crystals to be something to aim for, a goal worthy of working towards, not a 'Oh, hey, the stars and planets have aligned, and for once, it doesn't suck!' situation. Just rolling a basic crystal as soon as we hit 10k shards will build a larger roster, but has no real excitement or build up.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    I dunno if I’m just missing something here, but wouldn’t your chances of getting the champ you want be even higher? With the Current featured 5 star, you have a equal chance to get the character you want amoungst the current 5* roster: so 1 character out of a current pool of 78 gave you a 1.28% chance, to get the champ you wanted. They are now making the 1 champ you want out of a pool of 23, which gives you a 4.34% chance. Of course this isn’t exactly a huge increase, but what else am I missing here?

This is also not factoring in that there are 6 featured champs. Lets say you would love to get any one of those 6 featured champs, that would give you a 26.08% chance to get any one of those champs.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    I dunno if I’m just missing something here, but wouldn’t your chances of getting the champ you want be even higher? With the Current featured 5 star, you have a equal chance to get the character you want amoungst the current 5* roster: so 1 character out of a current pool of 78 gave you a 1.28% chance, to get the champ you wanted. They are now making the 1 champ you want out of a pool of 23, which gives you a 4.34% chance. Of course this isn’t exactly a huge increase, but what else am I missing here?

This is also not factoring in that there are 6 featured champs. Lets say you would love to get any one of those 6 featured champs, that would give you a 26.08% chance to get any one of those champs.

Current feature 5* has roughly a 20% chance to pull the feature. That’s what you’re missing.