**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best Champ to defeat Nightcrawler

Yesterday in AW, the last node held a 4* 5/50 awakened Nightcrawler. I went in with a 100%, 4* 4/40 awakened Iron Man.
I was down with just 5 hits (all regular, not from Specials). The last hit was so hard it skipped Arc Overload entirely.
Thinking that was a rare fluke from Crits, I revived and brought him back to 100%.

Same thing happened.

We all know the discussions about new Champ being so much stronger than old that it's silly, but I was wondering about the communities thoughts on who is best to deal with this particular problem.

Quake? Use the charging heavy to inflict damage that ignores evade?

Agent Venom? Does his passive evade reduction supply enough to make the fight reasonable?

Someone else you prefer? Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks.

Comments

• belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Iceman use the cold snap duration to switch nc to swashbuckler mode
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    If you don’t have Iceman do parry then 3 hit combos
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    karnak special1
  • 2Crows2Crows Posts: 16
    So 1 for Iceman and 1 for Karnak.

NC is problematic because of his passive evade, so changing his mode won't really help. His base, IIRC, is ~37%.

True Strike would include Cable on the list, but it is harder to reach.

One of the down-sides is half the Champs mentioned so far give NC Class advantage.
    And Ice is a Mutant, so there is no Class issue.

• JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Ice man
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Karnak, Cable, Iceman
    Remember to switch NC to swashbuckling mode
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Ultron - parry and two medium hits. Rinse and repeat.
  • she3_rawyshe3_rawy Posts: 80
    ok bro.. simple strategy for NC... start the fight defensively.. play a 3 hit combo only (medium,light,light) & try to make him dash backwards.. once he does hit his block (3-4) times with no combo enders (1 medium,3 light) but also be careful cause he still can evade while blocking.. once he's SWASHBUCKLING mode you play a normal fight he won't evade anything.... & Actually the Awakened NC is easier than the not awakened one because he switch modes faster
    other than that bring Vision or ultron because that last hit wasn't just a crit.... he also deals damage through(deep wounds) which basicly cuts off a part of your health if you're not bleed immune
  • she3_rawyshe3_rawy Posts: 80
    edited January 2018
    also champions like (DR.Strange & Magneto) they only hit with energy damage(i.e. no physical contact) which is good because he have increased 15% evade on physical contact
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Definitely Quake, unless the NC is debuff immune. Then it's a different story.

2Crows wrote: »
    NC is problematic because of his passive evade, so changing his mode won't really help. His base, IIRC, is ~37%.

????????????

wrong. Switching NC to swashbuckling makes him unable to evade. Even when he uses a special and goes into "Evade mode". When he's in swashbuckling, he won't evade at all.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    When you're able to switch him he's easy, so I suggest practicing that. When switched, it really doesn't matter who you use.

Even though there is class disadvantage, I almost always use BW. I have her at 5/50 sig 99, so he doesn't evade much, which makes it super easy to switch him. I stopped bringing her into war a while ago, but based on the enemies I'll have to face I still tag her in from time to time.

I also like GP, because she stuns on normal hits. Again, disadvantage, but I have the unfazed mastery that saves my ass and barely ever get in trouble. It's not the best champ for sure, but since I can only bring 3 attackers into war, I go this way a lot.

If he's on a stun immune node and I don't have BW with me, I use SL. Class advantage but his evade means I need to get him to switch. Once he's switched, SL deals with him very quickly. I especially like him because the fight goes slow at first but due to his sig I don't time out. I used to time out with Ultron if NC took to long to switch.
    edited January 2018
    Some people are misunderstanding the thread. It's not a question of how to fight NC. This I already know.

It is a question of which Champ is best suited.

Thanks to those that answered the question.

P.S. It looks like Iceman is the runaway favorite.
    edited January 2018
    (Deleted)
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    It also looks like Iceman is a near universal consensus.

There are 15 replies and half are yours. I don't think you can talk about universal yet.
  • Eviscerator2021Eviscerator2021 Posts: 128
    Iceman for sure but I find using Nightcrawler against Nightcrawler works pretty good too. Just give him a taste of his own medicine evade like mad and he switches to swashbuckler pretty quick I find.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Look up “MCoC Quake God Mode”. Quake is the one true MVP
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    I say quake and ice man are the best counters for any evading champ.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    Ice Man or Quake but in all honesty if you are able to parry against NC..you basically can use any champ to beat him atleast in my experience and bleed champs definitely can help fight the fight faster
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Have you tried not getting hit?

You can't afford to get hit by a NC boss in AW, they have like 300% attack boost or something.

So practice blocking and evading, get used to his animations.

If u can parry the NC, then it is a piece of cake. The real problem is when he is on the stun immune boss node, then you have to work on your intercepts.

That's the skillfull way to beat NC. If you want an easier ride, duped iceman basically shuts NC down completely, as long as you rmb to rinse that coldsnap on his SP1.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Some people are misunderstanding the thread. It's not a question of how to fight NC. This I already know.

If you are getting hit by NC and had to revive twice, i don't think you know how to fight NC.

The problem is often with the player, rather than the champion.
  • I got iceman so lately i used him
    Against NC , before I was using AA parry/ heavy and slowly he is going down with 4to 6 neurotoxins on him
  • BigDudeBigDude Posts: 82
    Starlord, just peck away at him 2 hits a time. drop that L3 to back him up and peck away. gets it done with the least amount of problems.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Another reason Iceman is helpful is because he is bleed immune which eliminates the extra Deep Wounds damage that NC causes.

Another option that many forget about is Crossbones. Get a couple fury stacks and he eliminates NC's evasion. Yes, there is a class disadvantage, but it's easy enough to fight through.
  • SoSA__RemakeSoSA__Remake Posts: 135
    Gwenpool is useful awakened against NC
    Thanks to everyone who answered with good intentions.

:)
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    One suggestion dual as much with night crawler using one of your favorite champs and try to switch his mode prefer YouTube for more . I had same problem but in this way I solved.