**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Master mode this month vs last month

Can anyone direct me towards the thread that talked about possible reasons last month master was super easy? I didn’t read that thread because I hadn’t played master yet :(

Now I see what they were probably talking about

Comments

• Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    It was in the event spotlight but thwy never announced why or even that it was changing back or even that it was only a one month thing kinda lost on what the future of master mode wjll hold and the lack of reaponse on the topic sucks
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Master EQ has become easier since Uncollected EQ was introduced!!
    Expect all Master EQ difficulty being the same as last month!!
    Cheers!!
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    OTHER DIFFICULTY CHANGES
    A few changes have come to some other difficulties as well, Beginner difficulty has been made easier for new players as well as paths have been reduced on some maps to accelerate the rate at which they master quests.

Master difficulty has had its difficulty slightly reduced as well, PI ranges are now lower in the second half of the Event Quests to allow for a smoother difficulty curve.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    in the mephisto quest (last one hard for real) the last chapter the enemies were 10k all duped
    the in modok were 3k UNduped, incredibly easy
    now in the senttry they are back at 8 or 9k
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I think them making Masters as easy as it was last month was a mistake. I know they said it would be a little easier but there were champs in chaptwr 3 with like 1-2k PI. I think they adjusted this month after realizing how easy it was last month.
    I took a champ down in Masters last month in chapter 2 with my R5 4* Thor in 3 hits...

a4i0g9odb1i3.png
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Yeah, and no announcement was made to say they were buffing again.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    in the mephisto quest (last one hard for real) the last chapter the enemies were 10k all duped
    the in modok were 3k UNduped, incredibly easy
    now in the senttry they are back at 8 or 9k

Oh thank god. I wasn’t gonna do master this month because it was so boring last month. Thanks for the info
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    I was just curious if Kabam had a reason for the super easy month for master in December and now in January it’s up a little. It’s still easier than past master events but still..I’d like to know why the change. I’ve beat both uncollected difficulties so far, so I’m not complaining.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★
    We have not adjusted the difficulty of Master Mode again. While some of the Bosses may be more difficult than some of the ones last month (just based on the Champion selection), the rest of the difficulty is still tuned the same as last time.
    Not the pi.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    edited January 2018
    The champs in all 6 quests/levels were 2kish last month, and the orange node champs were a little higher. This month they started at 3kish in quest 1 and go up from there. It has changed.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    We have not adjusted the difficulty of Master Mode again. While some of the Bosses may be more difficult than some of the ones last month (just based on the Champion selection), the rest of the difficulty is still tuned the same as last time.

No it's not. Last month was between 1.5-2k to 8-9k. Really....
  • TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    I think the December quest must of been bugged and they didn’t even notice because it really was a lot easier than it should of been
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★

Wrong.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    I'm still autofighting the first part of Master mode...it ain't that hard
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    No offense @Kabam Miike but that's simply untrue, and it's VERY noticeable.

Modok quest last chapter MASTER mode, we were facing champs of 2500 to 3000, but bosses of 14K-17K

This time it's paths of 7000 plus PI.

I don't mind the difficulty, and I'm not complaining at all because it's still easy enough, but it is INDEED much harder than it was in December.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Thanks KD. For what it's worth, I'm enjoying this level of difficulty a lot, using some arena fodder 3/30 4*s that I've never taken through quests before.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,031 ★★★★★
    Kabam Doot wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

This is my bad, I ended up giving Miike some bad information accidentally. Sorry for the confusion. Hotel M.O.D.O.K. had lower PI's than The Age of The Sentry. However, Age of Sentry is more in line with where the PIs will be in the foreseeable future. I should of communicated the shift in difficulty in the Sentry forum post, so apologies for that.

Difficulty of the Monthly Event Quest is something we keep a close eye on and are always tweaking, we'll be sure to discuss anymore changes like this, big or small, in the forum post announcing the quest. Your feedback also always helps, so let us know here on the forums how the difficulty feels and what you think of the changes.
    it it better this timer.

• IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Damn! Should of done a legend run last month.. My bad lol

Its much better this month.. Last month was crazy low
    Cristalman wrote: »
    The explanation is very easy: last month there were not global nood on master difficulty, rhis month they didn’t forget to add the global nood

The global nodes in Master are not "Increase health and attack by 300%". The difference in PI was so significant your explanation is simple but incorrect.

Check out that global node from Masters chapter 3 final fight. When removed the champs dont drop to 2k PI...

bqdzxid4glu8.png