**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unevadable specials

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
There is an increasing trend of champions being introduced with specials that can't be evaded. As in, ranged specials that will always give you block damage.

It started when punisher and winter soldier got new special 2s. Machine gun fire that can't be evaded and will destroy your block. Soon punisher 2199 will be added and his special 2 has more machine gun fire that destroys your block. Yondu has a special 2 with laser fire from a ship that hits your block 3 times in succession, not evadavle. Don't get me started on the collector who's specials are just the same. Impossible (or improbable) to evade. Looking at vultures and possibly new Spideys specials they could be unevadable too.

It needs to stop, it's unfair now that block damage is the highest it's ever been to add MORE and more champions that have special attacks we can't evade. The reason we were given to nerf Thor was because it doesn't take skill to stack a few armour breaks and hit special attack, but then to turn around and make these champions whose specials can't be evaded by skill is just two faced, false and hypocritical. its time to stop

Comments

• True af !
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 310
    True they have to change it
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    It's lazy, but it won't stop. They need to generate revenue and the player base has become too good at the game. Instead of creativity they just go the easy route and go unavoidable
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    OG Daredevil is great for this. NC is apparently also really good for this (although I haven't learned this skill with NC yet). Yes, it's annoying, but there are solutions for it. Hopefully they release more champs that can auto-evade specials.
  • shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    edited June 2017
    Yeah.
    Part of the fun of what is basically a simple game of timing and reactions, is nailing the timing & distances perfectly for trickier evades - when you perform one well it's great(!) & there's still plenty of opportunity to mess-up and get rekt.

Standing there and blocking isn't fun at all.

I don't even mind unavoidable L2s - there's a way to cope with that at least.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You can evade the first part of any champs special. Like ws, you can evade the kick and block the bullets but it's better to bait his sp1. Just gotta play smart
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    @Deadbyrd9 but you have to block the bullets and take damage. That's the point he's making, block prof is down and specials that can't be fully evaded are increasing.
    That's why I said to bait his sp1 and play smart
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    You can evade the first part of any champs special. Like ws, you can evade the kick and block the bullets but it's better to bait his sp1. Just gotta play smart
    What about winter soldier on start with 2 bars in Aw? What about punisher special 1? What about collectors special 1/2? Can't always play smart
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    Unavoidable damage is an BLATANTLY OBVIOUS MONEY GRAB. I promise you I have noticed the trend.....then there's collector lmao. Absolutely ridiculous. I believe, even if it's a one in a million lucky evade, you should give some way to manage attacks. You shouldn't make specials like that because it's shady, cheap, and undermines the skill required to play against difficult champs like collector. There is no skill that I have seen that makes one difference against him. You fight for 19 seconds, get hit with the craziest degen I have ever seen, or get hit with unavoidable special, or a number of other **** that requires only units. Give the champs a unit throw ability that deals damage according to the amount of units thrown. At least then it would be transparent. Shameful
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    What about winter soldier on start with 2 bars in Aw? What about punisher special 1? What about collectors special 1/2? Can't always play smart

Wait so you can't evade WS kick and block his bullets on his sp2 in AW? Just trying to understand.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★

Wait so you can't evade WS kick and block his bullets on his sp2 in AW? Just trying to understand.

You can block it, but you can't evade *all* of it. That's what he's saying. With the increase in block damage after 12.0, these kind of specials are doing more damage than they ever have. You can't evade them. Kabam is taking away block proficiency. So you're forced to take damage. Even block damage sucks now. Add in something like the Collector, where you take degen blocking the unavoidable special, and it's a cheap, unethical move on Kabam's part.

Yeah what spumington said. There's no way (except daredevil) to evade all bullets, therefore unavoidable damage
    I believe there's an ability to regen in this game @BitterSteel

Taking damage adds challenge. You shouldn't be able to come out of aw or aq fights without taking damage. You can regen it back though

Taking damage adds challenge. You shouldn't be able to come out of aw or aq fights without taking damage. You can regen it back though

Very limited champions can regen.
    You say taking damage adds challenge, I disagree. Only when that damage can be avoided by (potentially) every champion. Meaning, if there's a special that is difficult to evade, every champion should be able to avoid it with the right amount of skill. You shouldn't have to rely on daredevil to evade. Because that then drives a wedge between the haves and have nots. Which is what caused the 12.0 nerfing.

Taking damage adds challenge. So magiks limbo, unavoidable damage does that add challenge? No it's bs money grabbing.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Have you tried using OG Daredevil?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Either people aren't reading or they don't agree it's an issue :D
    I didn't say anything about magiks limbo. I'm talking about "unevadable" specials. Quite a few champs can regen. I don't bring regen champs to aw because they aren't really needed and I take the thorns path. No one ever complains about that unavoidable damage
    I didn't say anything about magiks limbo. I'm talking about "unevadable" specials. Quite a few champs can regen. I don't bring regen champs to aw because they aren't really needed and I take the thorns path. No one ever complains about that unavoidable damage

If you don't think people complained about thorns you didn't spend very much time on the forum a few months ago. Unavoidable damage full stop is not a challenge. It's an underhanded sneaky way to take health off you.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49

This statement is just ludacris. There's few champs that regen that are viable options to bring to AW, especially at high tiers. In order to stay competitive you need as high of rank champs that you can bring, and on top of that you need to bring path specific champs. The regen champs that fit that criteria are VERY limited.

On top of that, having specials that are completely unavoidable take skill completely out of the question, which is unfair and at that high of tiers you take a considerable amount of damage having to block. You SHOULD be able to come out of fights without taking damage if you are skilled enough to - once again that's how you stay competitive at that tier.

Before you speak on something maybe you should make sure you have ample experience speaking on the matter. If you don't play in a competitive alliance at that high of a tier you couldn't possibly relate and know why being able to avoid special damage is so important. I'm not saying it isn't our choice playing at that level, but taking skill out of the question altogether is just plain stupid and cheap.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    Have you tried using OG Daredevil?

If you play at high tiers good luck having success with him. Using maxed 4* against champs is like trying to knock down a brick wall with a wet noodle. Yes, there's specific 4* that are useful even with the very low comparable damage output, but Daredevil does not fit that criteria. I haven't seen one of those in AW in ages, for good reason.
    @PhillyEaglesS I take the path in aw with the unblockable sp2. My alliance is top 50 in aw and has been in tier 1 a long time. I know what I'm talking about. I don't bring in regen champs because they are usless in aw except for voodoo. I also run map 6 at least twice a week in aq. Without regen champs you will take damage in aq just from parries