Deep Dive: Scream

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,447 ★★★★★
https://youtu.be/sGT1EqIgYOM?si=vKIE6rdf60gl3rZT

The latest Symbiote joins the contest. Thoughts?

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,321 ★★★★★
    _puy000_ said:

I like how Kabam pretty much tells you to cheese shuri lol
    I can’t wait for her to come out though, I love symboites and she seems pretty good.

Idk why we got a shuri cheese at the first place, No one asked for it haha.

Btw she can also cheese negasonic in the same way, and can partially cheese onslaught too since some of his hits are non contact. She can also autoblock non contact specials. Nice utility ig.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,447 ★★★★★

_puy000_ said:

I can’t wait for her to come out though, I love symboites and she seems pretty good.

Btw she can also cheese negasonic in the same way, and can partially cheese onslaught too since some of his hits are non contact. She can also autoblock non contact specials. Nice utility ig.
    So basically any projectile specials? That’s gonna be a nice safety net
    Also I noticed that she doesn’t have any immunities at all. No power drain, burn, lock immunities unlike Venom
  • ege999menege999men Member Posts: 323 ★★
    Note that the auto block is removed when the opponent is AFFLICTED WITH A STUN DEBUFF. so your stun immune nodes, stun immune champs and the ones that reduce stun ability accuracy (looking at you red skull) can all get cheesed the same way as shuri. Nodes like bullet time become a joke and AW stun immune node might need a small change
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    ege999men said:

Note that the auto block is removed when the opponent is AFFLICTED WITH A STUN DEBUFF. so your stun immune nodes, stun immune champs and the ones that reduce stun ability accuracy (looking at you red skull) can all get cheesed the same way as shuri. Nodes like bullet time become a joke and AW stun immune node might need a small change

Literally not true, her kit explicitly states that the trigger to remove her auto-block buff is just successfully auto-blocking a contact attack. Stun immune champs and such will still disable it after one trigger.

Ah yeah my bad I guess they changed it last min and DLL already made the vid with the old kit
    ege999men said:

Ah yeah my bad I guess they changed it last min and DLL already made the vid with the old kit

Huh interesting, didn’t watch DLL’s vid yet so I didn’t realize that there was a source stating as such. Wonder how late that change was made then, I don’t recall seeing any other champ breakdown from him with outdated information.
    Bro I'm actually quite mad about this, DLL's version looks so interesting and unique final version is just lame and incredibly niche smh
    ege999men said:

It's for good, such a autoblock would be too OP as she can also stack multiple bulwark buffs. AW bosses are stun immune and you don't want them to cheesed like this.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,358 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Also I noticed that she doesn’t have any immunities at all. No power drain, burn, lock immunities unlike Venom

And the spider verse heroes evade counter associated with Symbiotes is locked behind sig? Such a weird choice
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 1,013 ★★★
    ege999men said:

Can you explain what got changed? I don't understand
  • _puy000__puy000_ Member Posts: 186

_puy000_ said:

Yeah, I have a feeling that’s the main reason she’ll be used.
    She’s also got great burst damage, that 100k red skull was bursted down very quickly.

EdisonLaw said:

And the spider verse heroes evade counter associated with Symbiotes is locked behind sig? Such a weird choice
    They may want her not to overlap with venom and venompool. She looks like silk, Very good unduped, but the utility on dupe is worth as well.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,423 ★★★★★

ege999men said:

It's for good, such a autoblock would be too OP as she can also stack multiple bulwark buffs. AW bosses are stun immune and you don't want them to cheesed like this.
    Actually that's exactly what we need after all the garbage we've received this year so far lol.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,139 ★★★

_puy000_ said:

Is it not only basic attacks that she can auto block?
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,139 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

_puy000_ said:

So basically any projectile specials? That’s gonna be a nice safety net
    Only basic attacks

EdisonLaw said:

I think it’s because she isn’t directly meant to counter those champions

Looks promising, I see multiple 67k bursts of damage from that sp2 but it's a r3 with class advantage so we'll see how much a r2 in regular scenarios actually deals. Could be another case of "champ was designed around r3s" once again since that's all they've been doing this year so far.

She actually looks like (almost) the perfect Red Skull counter. Armor breaks, undermine, etc.

ege999men said:

The given screenshot from DLL’s vid states her auto-block buff is only removed early if she triggers a stun, whereas the champion spotlight on the MCOC website states it is removed when she successfully auto-blocks a contact attack. The former wording would let you do the Shuri cheese you see in the champion deep dive vid against ANY champ that could prevent the parry stun, including stun immunity and stun AAR. The latter limits it to, well, non-contact basics like Shuri and NTW.
    edited October 5
    Talking about red skull counter, notice how we have 1 big bad defender from every class

Skill bullseye
    Science photon
    Mystic amoral
    Cosmic serpent
    Tech red skull
    Mutant onslaught

Out of these I personally find red skull to be the easiest ngl
    Squidopus said:

ege999men said:

The given screenshot from DLL’s vid states her auto-block buff is only removed early if she triggers a stun, whereas the champion spotlight on the MCOC website states it is removed when she successfully auto-blocks a contact attack. The former wording would let you do the Shuri cheese you see in the champion deep dive vid against ANY champ that could prevent the parry stun, including stun immunity and stun AAR. The latter limits it to, well, non-contact basics like Shuri and NTW.
    So can you still cheese Shuri?
    ege999men said:

Talking about red skull counter, notice how we have 1 big bad defender from every class

Skill bullseye
    Science photon
    Mystic amoral
    Cosmic serpent
    Tech red skull
    Mutant onslaught

For me the easiest is Onslaught, as long as you evade his SP1 and don't use a metal champ, you're fine. AI however makes him harder
    ege999men said:

Skill bullseye
    Science photon
    Mystic amoral
    Cosmic serpent
    Tech red skull
    Mutant onslaught

I find FAM more tough than redskull. Redskull has a lot of counters (true strike, true damage and armor break champs), FAM needs to be nuked quick or need a pierce champ.
    Squidopus said:

ege999men said:

Thanks
    EdisonLaw said:

Squidopus said:

ege999men said:

So can you still cheese Shuri?
    Yep
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,423 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Looks promising, I see multiple 67k bursts of damage from that sp2 but it's a r3 with class advantage so we'll see how much a r2 in regular scenarios actually deals. Could be another case of "champ was designed around r3s" once again since that's all they've been doing this year so far.

She actually looks like (almost) the perfect Red Skull counter. Armor breaks, undermine, etc.
    Pretty much yeah, main reason (besides the damage) I say this one looks promising but we could end up with another Patriot so I'm keeping my expectations low still.