Champion Spotlight - Sentry [Updated: Added 5-Star Stats]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,704 ★★★★★
    It's not shady. It's PR. They don't give both Champs for testing usually. Sentry is no different than any of the other additions. Realistically, they can emphasize any Champ they want. That's been a common theme. There's usually one out of the two released every month that is the one people want. Howard and Hyperion comes to mind. All the way to Rags and Hela. They're not always going to make both Champs OP.
    Twunt wrote: »
    Do you see the Void preview and YouTube videos popping up? Funny how Kabam didn’t want Sentry to be tested by content creators program but we see Void taking out RoL Wolverine. Pretty shady.

• TwuntTwunt Posts: 149

I mean, if this reaction and commentary doesn’t say it all. Sentry with Void synergy is absolute trash.

Kabam, come on. You have to increase the 30% and make fury and armor break 100%.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★

I mean, if this reaction and commentary doesn’t say it all. Sentry with Void synergy is absolute trash.

Kabam, come on. You have to increase the 30% and make fury and armor break 100%.

Been saying this from day 1. Increase the modes from 30%.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 557 ★★
    Definitely not going for void either now. What a joke
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    It's not shady. It's PR. They don't give both Champs for testing usually. Sentry is no different than any of the other additions. Realistically, they can emphasize any Champ they want. That's been a common theme. There's usually one out of the two released every month that is the one people want. Howard and Hyperion comes to mind. All the way to Rags and Hela. They're not always going to make both Champs OP.
    Do you see the Void preview and YouTube videos popping up? Funny how Kabam didn’t want Sentry to be tested by content creators program but we see Void taking out RoL Wolverine. Pretty shady.

Absolutely right, but both champs are normally useful in some area of the game. Seems that sentry isn't useful anywhere (other than arena fodder), but you are right they can emphasize any champ they want and promote that champ anyway they want. Much like when a studio promotes a new movie. They can build it up to sound really good even though it turns out to be ****. That's called baiting the hook. It gets people to spend their money to go see the movie, or in the case try for the champ and in the end that's what they wanted in the first place...people's money.

That's their Bio, and it's always been amped up, and partially based on their Comics origins. That's done with any Champ that's introduced, regardless of whether they're OP or not. They're not going to introduce them as "Sentry enters the Contest. Power of a million exploding suns but you wont like him!". Examine all Bios. That's the point of them. To give a back story, and it's always made to sound appealing. The fact that people are focusing on it as some sort of false advertising now makes no sense to me at all. It's never a wise decision to make choices based on the Bio. It's the Spotlight you want to examine, mainly the actual Abilities and information therein. Those of us playing for years know this. That's exactly how he performs.
    Lol get 11 minutes into the video. Listen to the commentary.

Sentry isn’t fun. He isn’t triggering his armor breaks, fury, or buffs. He didn’t get AS until close to 600 hits! His WS fight takes 15 minutes! Even with Fear of the Void, Sentry is absolute trash. He rarely procs anything! It’s basically the same chance as pulling a 5* out of a PHC.

* 50% attack increase is nothing because his base attack and crit is terrible to begin with.
    * He doesn’t proc anything.
    * Sentry is a champ like all champs that rely on his abilities - they never happen.

Back to the drawing board. Great addition to the new 5* feature crystal! Sad just sad. I give up.
  • Lol void synergy does not help at all. I’m done, @Kabam Miike sentry definitely is good for long fights buddy, 600+ hits 15 min fight is very quick for a WS kill.
    @Axo4545 You might be new to the forums. We don’t respond to GW. He just spams the forums and doesn’t know what he is talking about.
    Well there you have it. Some say they were banking on the Fear of Void synergy, looks like that synergy doesn't help anything.. At all.

Now perhaps they'll realize he needs a rework.

The best way to start is to increase the % chance of his modes changing. 30% is just in all honesty, abysmal.

Absolutely right, but both champs are normally useful in some area of the game. Seems that sentry isn't useful anywhere (other than arena fodder), but you are right they can emphasize any champ they want and promote that champ anyway they want. Much like when a studio promotes a new movie. They can build it up to sound really good even though it turns out to be ****. That's called baiting the hook. It gets people to spend their money to go see the movie, or in the case try for the champ and in the end that's what they wanted in the first place...people's money.

That's their Bio, and it's always been amped up, and partially based on their Comics origins. That's done with any Champ that's introduced, regardless of whether they're OP or not. They're not going to introduce them as "Sentry enters the Contest. Power of a million exploding suns but you wont like him!". Examine all Bios. That's the point of them. To give a back story, and it's always made to sound appealing. The fact that people are focusing on it as some sort of false advertising now makes no sense to me at all. It's never a wise decision to make choices based on the Bio. It's the Spotlight you want to examine, mainly the actual Abilities and information therein. Those of us playing for years know this. That's exactly how he performs.

Did I mention false advertising? No I did not. All I said is that they can emphasize or promote the champ anyway they want, which is basically what you said. I do like how you side step the whole point of my post though. Great job. I also started play when the game was released so I'm in the "those of us that have been playing for years" category.

You compared them to movies that "bait the hook". There have been others that focused on the Bio in this Thread and mentioned false advertising. Same subject, same vibe. The Bio has very little to do with the actual stats, and people aren't acknowledging that he performs as implied. The reality is we can't say he's not useful anywhere. There isn't enough data to support that. He hasn't been out long enough.
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 76
    Increase his dmg output and crit rate is a must, afther that Void synergy could be a bit more usefull, in the meantime, Sentry goes to the bench. Not going for Void neither, no more science champs for me. And after the change in feature 5* , I don´t think I will be spending more shards past Feb. So saving money and not spending a cent will be the path to follow until they fix this game again or do something beneficial in pro of the players/payers for once....
    I sincerely hope I don't pull any 5* Science gems anymore.. :D

As for Sentry well, the mistake has been made I suppose. Hopefully he gets reworked. As I've said over and over, I don't think he needs much work.. Just increase the 30% chance to change modes to about 60%, and/or tie it to the reality warps. Let the reality warps reinforce it. Even +5% per reality warp.

Won't change his playstyle.. Will just make him better. As simple as that.

He looks good on my profile tho' lol. He definitely has a good looking avatar 100%.. Guess I don't regret that bit. I have a ton of not so useful R5s (4-star). And I suppose one "not so useful" R4 (5-Star) Except maybe for getting me into alliances.. that's a part of the game I suppose. (Just trying to be optimistic)
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 922 ★★★★
    Over 17 minutes against WS and he proc'd his L2 buff once. Sentry, god of meme champs.

Did I mention false advertising? No I did not. All I said is that they can emphasize or promote the champ anyway they want, which is basically what you said. I do like how you side step the whole point of my post though. Great job. I also started play when the game was released so I'm in the "those of us that have been playing for years" category.

You compared them to movies that "bait the hook". There have been others that focused on the Bio in this Thread and mentioned false advertising. Same subject, same vibe. The Bio has very little to do with the actual stats, and people aren't acknowledging that he performs as implied. The reality is we can't say he's not useful anywhere. There isn't enough data to support that. He hasn't been out long enough.

To the others this is my last response to this guy I swear.

I also never said anything about his bio. If you think baiting the hook and false advertising is the same thing then you are sadly mistaken. Baiting the hook is no different than a commercial for a product. The advertising lures or sways you to buy their product. False advertising is when the product does not perform as advertised. There is a big difference there.
    Not enough data? From what I've seen and heard numerous players have tried him in every aspect of the game and found that he is useless in all of them. That's reality. If you can find 1 video or post from someone besides a mod that says that he is useful somewhere besides arena fodder and explains why he's useful in that area then I will change my view.

It takes months to collect sufficient data to draw those conclusions.
    Bsnkom wrote: »
    #buffsentry. #iwantmymoneyback

Remove the dam % and thats how you fix sentry.

I Agree 💯%
  • ApacheApache Posts: 557 ★★
    Bsnkom wrote: »
    #buffsentry. #iwantmymoneyback

Remove the dam % and thats how you fix sentry.

This
  • So did I. He was so bad I had to do something.
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 922 ★★★★
    #PleasefixSentry
    Apache wrote: »

To the others this is my last response to this guy I swear.

I also never said anything about his bio. If you think baiting the hook and false advertising is the same thing then you are sadly mistaken. Baiting the hook is no different than a commercial for a product. The advertising lures or sways you to buy their product. False advertising is when the product does not perform as advertised. There is a big difference there.
    Not enough data? From what I've seen and heard numerous players have tried him in every aspect of the game and found that he is useless in all of them. That's reality. If you can find 1 video or post from someone besides a mod that says that he is useful somewhere besides arena fodder and explains why he's useful in that area then I will change my view.

It takes months to collect sufficient data to draw those conclusions.

no it doesn't

Actually it does. Collecting data on a Champ requires months of game play in as many modes as possible, and doesn't really center around the amount of Damage they do solely. That's why they don't buff new Champs right away, typically. It's not a matter of taking them into a few Fights of ROL. It's not even about End-Game Content alone. They have to allow for a significant enough sample to analyze. That takes time, and there is a protocol for revisions. A week in the Roster is not enough to look at, really. This is common with most situations like this in games, and it seems to be the same model that this game adheres to. There is a process to it, and a method to looking at overall efficiency.
This discussion has been closed.