**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thanks so much Kabam! Can't wait to see featured crystal removed!

So I have just opened 3 crystals for Medusa and got Venom, Gambit and Howard.
So my last one was the 10th featured crystal and I had 0 out of 10. So I would really like to know what are the odds kabam? I can't belive the chances are equal for everyone, it can't be possible. I have just seen Brian pulling out Medusa twice out of my same number of crystals.
I was really hoping to get something good out of this crystals and I just got trash like always. How should I do act 5.4 if I have 11 T2A and no one at least decent to rank up?

Comments

• RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Rank someone unduped like many of us had to do lol
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Nearly 40 pages of comments who want featured to stay... soo yeah.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Heyy you know how kabam operates that is awesome. They have been doing this for about 3 years you see
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★

You mean the 10 people that post over and over? :p

@Asskicker :
    In any case, while the odds are still very random, the new crystal wouldn't give you more chances to get your preferred character. And Medusa is not going to be in that crystal either. The current crystal is supposed to have an increased chance on the featured champion, but we only have estimates about how increased that chance is. Your luck will not change with the new crystal. So removing the current one will not get you a Medusa.
    I think you have more chances saving units and buying the featured grandmaster crystal when Medusa is in it. (You can get 3 and 4 star champs there, but it seems to me more likely to happen and you can still buy the basic 5 star crystal with your shards.

Just my opinion. The current crystal is not the problem. It's random and not very transparent. But it's pretty clear that the luck is in the paid ones. (That's how I got my 5* Medusa and duped my 5* Archangel, plus got other new 5 star champs). Just know when to stop with those ones, as they still give you crappy 3 stars.
  • Nearly 40 pages of comments who want featured to stay... soo yeah.

@Asskicker :
    In any case, while the odds are still very random, the new crystal wouldn't give you more chances to get your preferred character. And Medusa is not going to be in that crystal either. The current crystal is supposed to have an increased chance on the featured champion, but we only have estimates about how increased that chance is. Your luck will not change with the new crystal. So removing the current one will not get you a Medusa.
    I think you have more chances saving units and buying the featured grandmaster crystal when Medusa is in it. (You can get 3 and 4 star champs there, but it seems to me more likely to happen and you can still buy the basic 5 star crystal with your shards.

Just my opinion. The current crystal is not the problem. It's random and not very transparent. But it's pretty clear that the luck is in the paid ones. (That's how I got my 5* Medusa and duped my 5* Archangel, plus got other new 5 star champs). Just know when to stop with those ones, as they still give you crappy 3 stars.

I don’t think that my luck will change (I have lost my hopes) but at least I will see less lucky bastards get the featured champions out of the crystals since the new crystal suck and you can’t go for the champ you want anymore. The featured crystals created an enourmous gap between lucky bastards and unlucky bastards like me, not only as a rooster but as prestige too. I’m in a tier1 alliance and my prestige is really low compare with my alliance average and ranking unduped champions will not help me. I have friends who got Starky and Blade out of 3 featured while I got none out of 5 and their prestige got a huge bump in no time while I am just getting trash. I find it so **** unfair. My only chance now is to awaken my 5s Red Hulk and rank him up hoping to be buffed as they say otherwise I really have no much other choice with my rooster.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Asskicker wrote: »

@Asskicker :

I don’t think that my luck will change (I have lost my hopes) but at least I will see less lucky bastards get the featured champions out of the crystals since the new crystal suck and you can’t go for the champ you want anymore. The featured crystals created an enourmous gap between lucky bastards and unlucky bastards like me, not only as a rooster but as prestige too. I’m in a tier1 alliance and my prestige is really low compare with my alliance average and ranking unduped champions will not help me. I have friends who got Starky and Blade out of 3 featured while I got none out of 5 and their prestige got a huge bump in no time while I am just getting trash. I find it so **** unfair. My only chance now is to awaken my 5s Red Hulk and rank him up hoping to be buffed as they say otherwise I really have no much other choice with my rooster.

I think it is a waiting game. I never opened a featured 5 star crystal as I needed more 5 star champs. But found the grandmaster featured crystal pretty effective to get the more rare champions.
    Think of it this way, yes, you are behind other people, but you can still work on your skills with the crappy champions. So whenever you get the god tier champs, you will kick ass.

Something similar happened before they nerfed willpower and removed perfect block. We were relying on the perfect block synergy to do stuff like Realm of Legends. So you could say that we weren't really that good (doesn't mean very good players were using that as well). After that update, lack of skills was very evident everywhere. I actually re-did the ROL just to be sure I was able to do it. So, progress in game and prestige depend a bit on luck, but you can suck with a Blade too if you don't know how to fight certain game modes. So, don't worry about the lucky ones, because this game changes all the time and god-tier champs tend to devaluate often.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Isn't everyone tired of these bad beat stories?
  • Asskicker wrote: »

@Asskicker :

I think it is a waiting game. I never opened a featured 5 star crystal as I needed more 5 star champs. But found the grandmaster featured crystal pretty effective to get the more rare champions.
    Think of it this way, yes, you are behind other people, but you can still work on your skills with the crappy champions. So whenever you get the god tier champs, you will kick ass.

Something similar happened before they nerfed willpower and removed perfect block. We were relying on the perfect block synergy to do stuff like Realm of Legends. So you could say that we weren't really that good (doesn't mean very good players were using that as well). After that update, lack of skills was very evident everywhere. I actually re-did the ROL just to be sure I was able to do it. So, progress in game and prestige depend a bit on luck, but you can suck with a Blade too if you don't know how to fight certain game modes. So, don't worry about the lucky ones, because this game changes all the time and god-tier champs tend to devaluate often.

I don't spend money on the game and I use units for else so I'm not too likely to open featured grandmaster crystals. Actually I have only opened 10 gmfc when Blade came out and got only 3 stars beside 1 4s from there too so well can't be too happy with those as well. But yeah, for those who use to spend money will be a good and only option to try for what champ they want.