Is 5k BG really hard?

Rogue_PrydeRogue_Pryde Member Posts: 27
I am genuinely confused abt this. A lot of complaints on the forum.

I am playing to get 3 wins every 2 days to meet the minimal requirements for all milestones. And yes i did play like 5 matches outside of that for fun. Now i am at 3.6k and in GC. It seems inevitable that I will get 5k just playing like I have been. So it has not been a grinding experience for me. Could someone explain?

Comments

• OshEbAICSOshEbAICS Member Posts: 24
    If you farm in lower leves is easy,
  • Rogue_PrydeRogue_Pryde Member Posts: 27
    OshEbAICS said:

If you farm in lower leves is easy,

I think i started this season in diamond 2 and climbed my way up. I did not forfeit any fight and there are losses of course. I still have 3.6k right now which i'll say is on track. So i dont think farming is the difference here.

I did just got in GC 4 days ago. A bit late but points are still on track
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Member Posts: 518 ★★★

It's not hard at all

Just people don't want to put the effort in unfortunately

It's 50 wins or like 150 losses in GC using eldersmarks but spread across 28 days and the 50 point boost every 2 days its comfortably doable. I'm about 6k now and haven't dome a proper grind sesh yet... also currently getting my ass kicked in GC too 🤣

Ay least for me were easy to win matches in GC, that VT nodes are more harder than GC, my win ratio increased when I passed to GC, ta lesats at kower level of GC.
  • Rogue_PrydeRogue_Pryde Member Posts: 27
    edited October 22

It’s considered a grind because bgs is a hella tiring game mode. Playing 30 mins of bgs is exhausting compared to 30 mins of questing, or arena, or incursions, etc. Nof to mention that if someone already doesn’t like bgs they’re now being asked to grind about 450k points if they want to get meaningful rewards.

5k now is worth 450k before? I am not so sure. I usually did not meet the 300k personal milestone before, even though i used the 3 wins every 2 days strat to get all the possible tokens. But now i am reaching the top milestone quite easily

I do agree that bg is stressful compared to other game modes
  • Ragnaruk5178Ragnaruk5178 Member Posts: 49
    Depends on your progress right now, and who you’ve been versing. I’m on around 2.3k because I hate bgs and avoid it like the plague. I’ve been quite lucky with my opponents but now that I’m on diamond I’m regularly versing legends/ high ranking paragon+. I win most of the time due to luck, but hopefully your versing fairer match ups!
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Member Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    I think its quite managable. Im at 4.5k points and i still have about 1000 elders marks left. The biggest thing was pacing myself with the event just keeping up with the milestones until they stopped giving free elders marks.
  • P4LP4L Member Posts: 14
    It’s somewhat of a grind but not hard at all.
  • BigBlueMadness11BigBlueMadness11 Member Posts: 9
    I'm at 5k and did not enjoy the grind. I say grind because it forced me to play twice as much bg as I would in a normal season. I have a large account and normally just run bg enough to reach gladiator circuit and stop. After this season I likely won't touch bg again until there's some special event or reward locked behind it.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,366 ★★★★★

It’s considered a grind because bgs is a hella tiring game mode. Playing 30 mins of bgs is exhausting compared to 30 mins of questing, or arena, or incursions, etc. Nof to mention that if someone already doesn’t like bgs they’re now being asked to grind about 450k points if they want to get meaningful rewards.

5k now is worth 450k before? I am not so sure. I usually did not meet the 300k personal milestone before, even though i used the 3 wins every 2 days strat to get all the possible tokens. But now i am reaching the top milestone quite easily

I do agree that bg is stressful compared to other game modes
    I have 4800 points rn and in the alliance event I have 390k. So maybe 400k is a closer estimate but I heard someone say they had 490k in the alliance event with 5k in solo so idk lol. It’s definitely more than the regular 300k though.
  • Darthbane3141Darthbane3141 Member Posts: 111
    It's only a grind for small accounts like mine, getting to diamond was hard for me and losses take longer than wins
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,631 ★★★★
    There's this thing called "individual experience"
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,959 ★★★★★
    It's not hard if you are used to playing BGs....
    Now if you are a UC with 10 loses for every win, trying to get 7* shards and possibly a Titan Crystal... Yeah that might be challenging
  • dr2wsdr2ws Member Posts: 266 ★★
    edited October 22
    Getting harder tbh, I’m in Vibranium II, and there’s so many r3 7*’s lol, but I need that dab (i love surfer btw) gonna keep pushing anyways regardless.

KABAM I NEED A SPOT EMOTE! ):
  • Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 200 ★★

OH NO!!! LOOKS LIKE FARTING SPIDERMAN HAS COMMENTED ON YOUR FORUMS POST! FART IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES FOR MID LUCK!
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 554 ★★★

I am genuinely confused abt this. A lot of complaints on the forum.

I am playing to get 3 wins every 2 days to meet the minimal requirements for all milestones. And yes i did play like 5 matches outside of that for fun. Now i am at 3.6k and in GC. It seems inevitable that I will get 5k just playing like I have been. So it has not been a grinding experience for me. Could someone explain?

I think it's more about frustration - if u lose like 4-5 in a row. In GC 1 win = 90+28 = 118 points so win in GC gives a lot with eldermark
  • Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 200 ★★