**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Buff Iron Fist

Who else agrees that Iron Fist needs to be buffed soon? Very soon. He needs to be completely remade like Magik was. He probably needs regeneration with his glowing fist, more armor break, etc

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Lol, why would iron fist have regen? He should be a true glass cannon and damage dealer if anything.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Just a low regen like OML. I agree about the glass cannon and damage dealer. He needs to incoporate his chi in battle. And give more damage and criticals
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Just a low regen like OML. I agree about the glass cannon and damage dealer. He needs to incoporate his chi in battle. And give more damage and criticals

In the marvel universe, IF doesn't regenerate. He's basically a homeless guy that survived a plane crash and gained the powers of the iron fist.

Perhaps he could have an added ability, which enables him to nullify buffs everytime he inflicts armor break?

Or a passive that allows him to ignore abilities such as evade, armor, etc.
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    Been years since I read the comic, but it would be in keeping the the Netflix IF, and general Kung Fu mysticism if he could use his Chi to heal himself. Maybe hold block for 2 seconds to activate healing, using one bar of power to regenerate some health, then have to wait 15 or 20 seconds before he can do it again
  • TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    I think it would be good for him to have a passive ability or two
  • Flash_AsherFlash_Asher Posts: 80
    In the comics, Iron Fist has the ability to heal himself and others. It just takes a massive amount of his chi. Regeneration on Iron Fist would be something like Iron Patriot if they implement it.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    All of the above are right - IF should have a low-level ability to heal (or at least shrug off debuffs faster). That would totally fit his ability profile in comics.

They should also take some of the vastly better fighting animations that other characters have: the animation (and effect) of Mordo's stage when he is charging his Heavy attack, where he clearly looks like he's drawing Chi into his fist... And some of Psylocke's crazily aggressive flying kicks!

No need to change his S3 animation though - that's a winner! Just add an effect like Stun or Power Drain, and the job's done.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I love Iron Fist so any buffs would be welcome, but the only reason I'm adding something to this thread is because I read the subject as "BUTT IRON FIST"...
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Pillow Fist needs some love, 12.0 hurt him more than most. I remember when he was known as the beat down master, seems like a long time ago.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    @Palanthrax Didn't they nerf his damage after the willpower nerf? IF may have been my first 4/40 3* champ 2+ years ago. I think I had him and Black Panther and tried to compete in arena that was filled with people with max willpower.

At that time IF and BP were boat anchors if you wanted to do anything in arena just due to willpower, but questing? They were, and still kinda are, the bomb.

It would be nice if IF could mete out the damage like he once did...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    For all of that rigorous K’un L’un training, he can’t take a punch, nor is he tough enough to power through debuffs. On offense, his heavy chi strike is truly worthless, and after a handful of armor breaks the additional stacks are mere window dressing.

Give me just one of the Iron Fists from the comics. The ones I have are clearly the Finn Jones versions.

Dr. Zola
    *Owner of L99 2*, 3*, and 4* IF as well as L20 5* IF
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    12.0 hurt him and while not a direct nerf it definitely reduced his ability to rack up the damage. Hopefully they will revisit him after the Luke Cage and Rulk buffs. He was designed to deal fast big damage and nothing else. No utility or armor just attack. If you take away his attack you're not left with much. Like a lot of people I really liked him but really haven't used him since 12.0. Pulled a 4* IIF a few weeks ago and haven't done anything with him. Sad really. Reminds me of a brand new champ we just got. Lol
  • PandamanTanPandamanTan Posts: 120
    I would love IF to be buffed; he was my first 5-star and is currently my second best champion. Low regen would be good an really any other buffs would be so useful.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    He actually doesn’t really need it. Mvinceable did a video with his 4/55 IF against LoL Rulk. Go look into up. He didn’t win but still
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Just put him back to the kind of damage he had before 12.0 and make his heavy dispel 1 buff of any type and he will be great.
    just duped my 5 star Iron Fist. I expected a lot more from his sig ability. Kabam plz buff him!!!!!
    #buffIronFist
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    Yeah Ironfist bassically just hits you hard... Special way to use him? Hit champ, more often, than he hits you... the end. He's probably the most basic champ in the game... For being a Mystic champ, there's nothing magical or Mystical about him.
    #buffIronfist
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Just put him back to the kind of damage he had before 12.0 and make his heavy dispel 1 buff of any type and he will be great.

I really like that!!! This is a great idea that I hope kabam will use!!!