**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Voodoo vs. Magik vs. Scarlet Witch

SevSynSevSyn Posts: 72
edited January 2018 in Strategy and Tips
My 5* are all trash
My Top 6:
4* Spider-Man(Stark Enhanced)(*5/50)
4* Blade(*5/50)
4* Ghost Rider(*5/50)
4* Hulk(*5/50)
4*ArchAngel(*5/50)
4*Iceman(*5/50)

Current Progression completed:
Road to Labyrinth 4.2 complete
Act 4 100%
Act 5, Chapter 1.1 complete

Who Should I rank next to 5/50?
4*/40 Dr. Voodoo (Signature lvl 21)
4*/40 Magik (Signature lvl 20)
4*/40 Scarlet Witch (Signature lvl 43)

from preliminary advice/videos... Magik looks like a decent option for Road to Labyrinth 4.3 ...

I have 20x Mystic Signature Stones and 45x Generic Signature Stones.... if that would sway the decision a bit by increasing Scarlet Witch's trigger rate... or if it would help either of the other two (I am quite novice in playing these three, so any all strategy and help would be greatly appreciated).

Thank you in advance!

Voodoo vs. Magik vs. Scarlet Witch 76 votes

25%
vg2782JadedNanoDroidLunaciiiAnurag1606StL_SuitsGrimv717Alpha07Vinitlalka1988Lfer58zero7SuperSam57ragnar0kLunchbox45CupidVulcanMDiablosUltimatemfleuryDevangkd 19 votes
38%
GKaineWorld EaterTheLazyKingSpity68buffajrwSWeaponXTonyStarkDaredevi1Fan7HeroBoltsySpeedbumpSac123_bm3eppswhaler213Breynolds11Arus25BM670ImranarsjumSpiritOfVengeanceCarme1974 29 votes
36%
KickenChickenBigMoAlfa_PigeonLovingkidwappykidSlipdripVision_41DukeZmanB3de23ExotigamusGAM3RGUYTedderscardiacsosDMAN232ShaheerFIazNexus_UY_ScutiHellstorm_Spurgeon14BobomanL1d3rA 28 votes

Comments

• BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Her crit damage on sp are insane
  • SevSynSevSyn Posts: 72
    would Road to Labyrinth be easier with Scarlet Witch vs. Magic? ... And Act 5? ... Any ideas why Dr. Voodoo is so appealing/popular (just higher prestige?)
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    Look i got all 3 of em and magik and SW unduped sitting on r4 untill last level up event, i duped 99 and ranked 5 voodoo long time ago and the guy is pure legend in AQ but i used my generic on SW simply because i was fascinated by 3* and at r5 4* she is mother load of crazy, im currently doing uncollected with her and thinking of taking her to AQ alongside voodoo and ultron as usual.
    edited January 2018
    For Voodoo's odd/even combo.... does that mean you initiate the special on an even number (3 hits then special) in order to trigger the even... or initiate the special after an even combo (2 hits then special) to trigger the even?
    @Lovingkid & @zero7 (above question) ... or anyone who uses Voodoo

For Act 5, RTLL, and uncollected stuff.... who would you guys take along with you? (considering my roster above, synergies, etc.)
    I was leaning toward Spark/Blade/GR + [AA or Iceman or Hulk] + (Voodoo/Magik/S.Witch)... I also have a 4/40 Thor (but waiting for a better cosmic)
    definitely going to check these out, thank you sir!
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    SevSyn wrote: »
    For Voodoo's odd/even combo.... does that mean you initiate the special on an even number (3 hits then special) in order to trigger the even... or initiate the special after an even combo (2 hits then special) to trigger the even?

For Act 5, RTLL, and uncollected stuff.... who would you guys take along with you? (considering my roster above, synergies, etc.)
    I was leaning toward Spark/Blade/GR + [AA or Iceman or Hulk] + (Voodoo/Magik/S.Witch)... I also have a 4/40 Thor (but waiting for a better cosmic)

final hit needs to land on a even combo
    Votes are split pretty evenly (preliminarily)... I guess this echoes my contemplation.
    Each has merit, I am trying to get an idea where I'm at in progression, but also what is better in the long run. I have nearly enough for two rank-ups (but missing a T4CC).

How is health / damage output among the three? ...
    How reliable is power control with Voodoo once you get the hang of him?
    Beyond Nullify... how is the utility of S.Witch's random buffs?... I've heard of regen procs, etc. but in actual gameplay at my content level, how effective is she?
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    edited January 2018
    I think you should go for Magik because you don't have any good power control champ in your team. And Magik is the best power control champ.
    Still a split poll...

I understand power-control as an essential tool for progression...

what are the perks of Voodoo?

S.Witch: main selling point is potential to do massive damage randomly?
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★

I found Magik to be the most helpful champ in RTTL mainly due to all the spite. Can’t go wrong with any of the three really, but for your roster I’d recommend Magik as she has the greatest and most consistent power control.
  • 4*/40 Dr. Voodoo (Signature lvl 21)
    I have all 3. VooDoo and Magik @ 5/50 sig 99. SW as 4/40 arena fodder. I rarely use Magik or SW offensively or for questing. VooDoo is superior in every way, including power control. Sure Magik has power lock, but it’s temporary. With VooDoo you can deny any opponent power for the entire fight, after using his SP2 on an even combo, of course. Even or odd means the number your counter is on when you fire the special. So you start the fight, get to 10 hits, and fire your SP1, that would be an even combo because you fired your special after the 10th hit. If you get hit it resets, so you never even have to keep count. Just glance at your combo meter.

Want to deny your opponent’s ability, like Limbo, evade, unstoppable, or regen? Use any special on an odd combo.

Plus he can do crazy poison damage with his SP1 and has amazing guaranteed regen at the start of every fight. Poison immune? No problem, just use his SP2 (on even combo) to keep them from gaining power. Every hit after using his SP2 does additional damage as well.

I’ve used VooDoo for all content in the game. I cleared RTTL and ROL before I had a single 5/50. VooDoo and Wolvie are my only 5/50s now because I’m hoarding T4CCs for 5* champs, even though I can never pull a good enough one to rank up. VooDoo was my primary workhorse through all of chapter 5 as well, but I did have him at R5 for that, but the rest of my roster was all 4/40s.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
    excellent advice on all fronts (as always)!
    I was nearly at the point to bring 2 of the 3 up to 5/50....

I chose Magik for the power-control reliability / consistency in order to help me mow-down current content.
    Since rank-up, I was able to finish RTTL, and Act 5.1.2 - Act 5.2.2.

I am not sure my roster can carry me through the remainder of Act 5.2 - 5.4 ... and my luck has been horrible on the 5* front....

I pull 12 5*s lifetime: (Luke Cage, Spider-Gwen, Ant-Man, Howard the Duck, Iron Fist, Gambit, Ronan(x2), Black Panther(O.G), Nightcrawler, Drax, & X-23).

I have no great option for cosmic (my best is 4/40 Thor, 3/30 Hela).

I have been quite lucky so far in the 4* realm, but progression-wise... not sure if I should bother bringing up more 5/50 4*s, or keep holding out for a useful 5* worthy of rank-ups.

With the pending 6* climate... I am already thinking my roster is soon to be irrelevant for the coming content.

That said, my skill level is still below my roster strength... I'll need to play a lot more to get the timing and quirks down of all the opponents I'll face... so far, my roster has allowed me to play lazily.

Yet now that I am in Act 5, Chapter 2 ... I see that I really need to step-up my skill level more than my roster.

Thank you all for the phenomenal advice... I'm thinking using Dr. Voodoo as my next 5/50 until I can pull a useful 5*.
  • wappykidwappykid Posts: 91
    Witch does the most raw damage with SP2 killing 17k hulk in act 5 with 23 hits at R5
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Still a split poll...

I understand power-control as an essential tool for progression...

what are the perks of Voodoo?

S.Witch: main selling point is potential to do massive damage randomly?

I dont have Voodoo, but I know he is awesome. I voted for SW because I have her and love using her. She has some of everything and that is why I love her. Even though he effects trigger randomly she triggers effects often: power steal, power lock, power drain, poison, weakness, fury, cruelty, health regen. I also love her Nullify ability that helps a lot with champs triggering buffs. And her L2 is awesome in dealing damage! I regularly get over 20k with it. I think she is decent even at a low sig level, but some disagree on that! You can always use the sig stones for her if you want to improve her.

Honestly you can't go wrong with your 3 options. Just go with whoever you like the best!

zero7 wrote: »
    damn, nice progress to finish rttl 4.3-4.6, and to become uncollected in that short time! i think you made a good choice :)

Oh, I still have a bit to go prior to uncollected... I'm only half-way through Act 5.2.
    but yes, I was able to bulldoze RTTL after your suggestions.

Spurgeo14 wrote: »

I don't have Voodoo, but I know he is awesome. I voted for SW because I have her and love using her. She has some of everything and that is why I love her. Even though he effects trigger randomly she triggers effects often: power steal, power lock, power drain, poison, weakness, fury, cruelty, health regen. I also love her Nullify ability that helps a lot with champs triggering buffs. And her L2 is awesome in dealing damage! I regularly get over 20k with it. I think she is decent even at a low sig level, but some disagree on that! You can always use the sig stones for her if you want to improve her.

Honestly you can't go wrong with your 3 options. Just go with whoever you like the best!

It seems my luck with 5*s is so terrible.... I'll likely be relegated to 4* level gameplay for the majority of the forseeable future. So, once I stack-up some T4CCs in mystic, I'll eventually have all 4 (Ghost, Magik, Voodoo, S.Witch).
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    edited January 2018
    I used voodoo and Magik in act 5 and Magik in rttl, both are great Champions but I think voodoo is a better option for act 5 while Magik is better for rttl.

Edit: just saw you don't have a reliable power drain at rank 5 so go with Magik.

• cardiacsoscardiacsos Posts: 11
    Scarlet Witch isn’t available as 5*. That’s why you should rank her to 5. I have 4* voodoo/magik and hoarding 3 mystic t4cc only for SW. All other good mystic have 5* version except SW. Same goes with Vision/Wolverine. If you have any of those 3, max them up to 5.