**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade, Blade, Blade...

One little question to Kabam:

You now designed a great champs everybody wants to have (including me), best as 5* duped. This is the positive point referring Blade.

But was it really your intention, that everybody now hordes shards for this featured crystals?

Nobody wants to have anymore any other champs. I recognised that more or less 80% of the highly skilled players who finished act 5 by 100% are ranking up their 5* Blade to rank 5.
Once more, was this your intention, that everybody now goes for Blade and plays mainly him?

I remember in the past when we had similar cham,p everybody wanted to have. Do remember this specific guy? Yes, it was Doctor Strange, the ultimate weapon.... Everybody knows what happened when your statistics said that too many players are using this champ and are using too little the other champs...

Finally my little question:
Will the same happen to Blade, when you recognise similar tendencies?

Think now about it...You know what happened last time, I guess.

Comments

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    People have spent a lot of resources on Blade. I’m sure he’ll get nerfed at some point but let them have their monent
  • nascminascmi Posts: 24
    I miss my buddy Steve :(
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Harry_71 wrote: »

You now designed a great champs everybody wants to have (including me), best as 5* duped. This is the positive point referring Blade.

But was it really your intention, that everybody now hordes shards for this featured crystals?

Nobody wants to have anymore any other champs. I recognised that more or less 80% of the highly skilled players who finished act 5 by 100% are ranking up their 5* Blade to rank 5.
    Once more, was this your intention, that everybody now goes for Blade and plays mainly him?

I remember in the past when we had similar cham,p everybody wanted to have. Do remember this specific guy? Yes, it was Doctor Strange, the ultimate weapon.... Everybody knows what happened when your statistics said that too many players are using this champ and are using too little the other champs...

It's not all about Blade

You have Sparky, Angela, Hela, Medusa, Mephisto, MODOK, Taskmaster, SW, etc

There's still a lot of variety in the game

One champion isn't just going to say "pick me" every time are they?

Gotta switch it up a bit
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    And yes SW is still awesome

And with these Champ updates starting, older Champions will be more modern to suit the way the game is heading in
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    While I do love Blade, I have no plans to make him my r5 right now. He has great utility for a large number or use cases, more so than most other champs right now, but is still not as dominant as the DS, SW dynasty that literally crushed everything.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    NiteAndDae wrote: »
    While I do love Blade, I have no plans to make him my r5 right now. He has great utility for a large number or use cases, more so than most other champs right now, but is still not as dominant as the DS, SW dynasty that literally crushed everything.

Ditto. I’m hesitating to r5 Blade because he’s unstoppable at one thing.. something that will no longer be as relevant as diversity is forced upon us. Take danger sense away and he’s not a top 5 champ. And it’s obvious kabam will start to release content and champs that don’t trigger danger sense.

But I have other factors to consider within my alliance... which is why “80% of more of the players who finished act 5 are r5ing Blade” like the first post claims. His prestige is super high.

Will see how void is before deciding.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    These Blade Nerf Threads are tedious
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    @Rektor:

You have consistently said that Iceman was better, and while I am not stupid -- I knew the character was great; that's obvious -- I actually went back and mained him some through what I have determined are legit tests for regular gameplay.

Not endgame stuff where it's all noded and specialized, but just straight-up gameplay -- L3 enabled, AI challenging, health pools decent.

Man, you weren't lying: Iceman is the absolute monster of this game.

If you have any skill and experience at all, you shouldn't be threatened with death at any point with Iceman -- eats L3s and stun immune when Ice Armor is up, triple immunity, negates Evade.

Iceman. For the win

Underrated is Icemans heavy. If you aren't using it you aren't using him correctly. Iceman is awesome.

Truth. Nine times out of 10, that's my killshot on annoying Nightcrawlers

• RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    @Rektor:

You have consistently said that Iceman was better, and while I am not stupid -- I knew the character was great; that's obvious -- I actually went back and mained him some through what I have determined are legit tests for regular gameplay.

Not endgame stuff where it's all noded and specialized, but just straight-up gameplay -- L3 enabled, AI challenging, health pools decent.

If you have any skill and experience at all, you shouldn't be threatened with death at any point with Iceman -- eats L3s and stun immune when Ice Armor is up, triple immunity, negates Evade.

Iceman. For the win

There’s a reason I can’t bring any of the blade trifectas to AWO... because iceman is always the first champ added to my offense.
    Rektor wrote: »
    @Rektor:

Iceman. For the win

There’s a reason I can’t bring any of the blade trifectas to AWO... because iceman is always the first champ added to my offense.

That's what I was saying before, in that first thread where we were talking about this stuff.

I bring either OG Vision or Ultron, Scarlet Witch (still) and Magik, Archangel and Hyperion, Hawkeye, to stuff I need handled before Blade.

It's not that Blade sucks or that I don't recognize the utility -- I have consistently said that. As have others. No one disputes that the character is the best tool in the toolbox for killing annoying Mystics. Again: I'm not stupid. Nobody's stupid.

I'm just saying that there's nothing I've run across that demands I use Blade before all the characters I've listed -- I don't enjoy playing tedious endgame content where I have to log 450-600 hits over and over and over, so for the way I enjoy playing, there's nothing I can't handle with OG Vision, Ultron and Hyperion.

Blade's a very good character. But he doesn't always make it off my bench, and that's the honest truth
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Rektor wrote: »
    And data analysis proves that 99.999999999% of summoners used Starlord to dismantle the hardest endgame content released to date at minimal cost.

I'd take that bet.

There's no question that Blade is in very high demand, but that alone doesn't draw nerfs. There's also no question that Blade is very useful across a lot of different content. That also doesn't draw nerfs by itself.

The champions that drew nerfs in 12.0 like SW, DS, and Thor (and very lightly Starlord) had three separate properties that made them nerf targets. One: they were extremely powerful when played by players. Two: players used them extremely often everywhere. Three: there were not many ways to create content that was hard for them that wasn't also even harder for everything else.

A lot of players think Scarlet Witch was nerfed because she was "overpowered." That's not true. She was nerfed because that overpoweredness translated into players using her everywhere extremely often, whether she was the best possible option or not. We were telling new players that once they got 4* SW awakened they could use her everywhere. We were telling new players that once they got 3* SW awakened they could use her everywhere. And they did. And when they did they tended to walk all over the content, relative to using other champions. And short of things like spiked armor, it is really hard to make content that is hard for something that stun locks while perma power locks and regenerates to full health in a few seconds. That's what eventually got her nerfed.

Blade is in really high demand now because he can do things few if any other champions can, and has few downsides outside of his strong suit. High upside, low downside, and broad utility. That can be dangerous for an MMO entity to possess. But Blade only becomes a nerf target if the players that have him start using him everywhere, and start showing the devs that Blade is becoming a monotonous go-to by the players. If the players that have him still use Ghost Rider and Sparky, still use their Iceman and Archangels in a lot of content, then Blade won't stand out, and won't make himself a target for the nerf hammer.

I don't *think* Blade is being used like that. I don't see "once you draw 3* Blade you can use him to walk all over RoL" threads to new players. I don't see people saying "if you are stuck on something, then Blade. Doesn't matter what that thing is." He is one of the high performance turbo charged end game champs, but unlike in 12.0 when it was SW everywhere, StarLord for LoL, and Thor if you want to see the number 65000 on your screen before you die, Blade still shares the spotlight with Iceman, Archangel, Ghost Rider, Medusa, Gwenpool, and others.

I think the reason why Star Lord got away the lightest with the 12.0 nerfs is because fundamentally speaking he is a one trick pony and not much content allows him to fully leverage that one trick. In fights outside of LoL champions like Sparky and Medusa and Gwenpool are just as good offensively. And he does have downsides that give the devs plenty of opportunity to make bad matchups for him. He has no immunities. He relies on high combo so anything tricky like Modok or Medusa can break that combo for all but the best attacking players. He can be tamed by new content more easily than 12.0 Thor or SW could.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Let's stop talking about Blade in the same vain as SW and Thor pre 12.0. Those champs were obviously broken and could stomp all over content with minimal effort.

Thor just needed to be able to parry.
    SW just needed some crit synergy and she could single handedly run over everything. Get a stun in the corner and heavy everything until death.

Blade is nothing like those champs pre 12.0. For maximum damage he needs a few things
    1) Spark synergy
    2) Being able to put a bleed
    3) having danger sense active

not having one of those things brings his damage down quite a bit and removes him from 'best champ in Mcoc'. With those 3 things different story but even then there are restrictions to his damage.

Thor and more notably SW pre 12.0 would man handle everything.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Don’t bother talking about it and posting long threads, Blade nerf will come like a thief at night.
    I honestly don't think he will be. Very useful character, but I believe his many limitations make him an easy character to build content around. Nothing like the Trinity of pre-12.0

• MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    TrojanX05 wrote: »
    He will be nerfed... soon..

Hope it’s 2 minutes after you get him.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Harry_71 wrote: »

People that go for featured have always hoarded shards. You need as many crystals as possible if you want to get the featured champ. They hoarded them for Iceman, Stark, GP etc. Blade is the current newer champ that's coming back around and so he's the one people are saving for. Nothing has changed. Once the new garbage crystal is introduced people will stop saving and open basic crystals.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Love it

CDLDXjr.gif
This discussion has been closed.