**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rogue's Buff Steal

taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
I was just wondering why some of Rogue's replicated buffs are exactly the same and some are generic. For example, When Rogue steals a fury, the increase in her attack depends on the champ she stole it from. Her damage is insane when she steals Hulk's smash fury, and less when it's one of Phoenix's. However, when she steals a regen or a power gain, it is never as strong as it is on the opponent she steals it from. When I steal regen, it is weaker (don't remember how many per tick), and no matter who she steals from the regen is the same, be it Wolverine or Angela. Same with power gain, the rate at which she gains power is extremely slow, even when I steal from Hyperion. Yet, in Loki's case the stolen buff is an exact replica. What gives?

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I tend to think Rogue was a hurried job. She's never worked as expected and has been a little buggy.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    It depends on if you crit when doing the specials.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    On a separate note... and I’m not trying to derail the topic.... but why can rogue/Loki etc steak ‘Hulk Smash’? It’s not even a buff? Especially since she can’t steal passives like LC and Helas indestructible and gambit and punishers armours.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    On a separate note... and I’m not trying to derail the topic.... but why can rogue/Loki etc steak ‘Hulk Smash’? It’s not even a buff? Especially since she can’t steal passives like LC and Helas indestructible and gambit and punishers armours.

The 'Hulk Smash' is a standard (although very potent) buff; and can be stolen, negated or Staggered.

You may be thinking of his Signature ability; which can't be countered in any way.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291

Hulk Smash is just a "little" beefier fury, LC:s and Helas indestructible can be nullified atleast so they are buffs, havent tried to steal them, and Gambits and Punishers physical resists are passives and only go away once you deal enough damage.
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    Apparently hood's invisibility is also considered a buff. I just got him and started playing him. He was against a buffet node and his invisiblity is immediately removed after activating it. Is this supposed to happen?
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited January 2018

Hulk Smash is just a "little" beefier fury, LC:s and Helas indestructible can be nullified atleast so they are buffs, havent tried to steal them, and Gambits and Punishers physical resists are passives and only go away once you deal enough damage.

Theres no buff picture though. Just the text “hulk smash” that pops up

Same as when you steal it