**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

Comments

• RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    RedRooster wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom Distilling your answer. I read "Better... Yes" more times than I read "Better... No", so I take it on the whole you consider it a better crystal. It was relatively straightforward question.

@Axo4545 The fact there are so many opinions here should give them at least the idea that we are unhappy with the change and should consider a different approach. Here's my constructive idea: On the basis that we get two new champs per month.

1) Rotate the two new champs through a 3 month life cycle, removing the oldest two featured champs at the end of each month. So the featured champs are still in there a total of 3 months.
    2) Change the pool of basic champs each month
    3) Reduce the basic pool down to 12 champs, making the total pool 18 champs

This means that the basic pool doesn't become stale and I feel makes the "featured" crystal worth the 50% premium based on the increased odds of pulling a champ you are looking for.

No I don't think the new crystal is better. Sorry if it came across differently

No, never thought that you did think it's better. It should be apparent to anyone that has read this thread and I'm in agreement. For the following reasons:
    1) You can no longer attempt to dupe a champ
    2) You can't target a champ which has particular utility
    3) You can't target a champ for which your roster lacks a particular class
    4) You can't target a champ for which you have an abundance or availability of resources for, T4CC & awakening gems.
  • Shabb710Shabb710 Posts: 19
    Of the 18 basic champs will there be new 5* basic champs that are not currently in basic 5* crystal like Scarlett Witch, Dr.Strange, Wolverine, Thor, black widow, Cpt. A ww2 etc. !?
  • @Kabam Miike can you sure the statistics that were used to create the pool? Kabam might just actually create some demand for these champions that everyone is scoffing at. If you can't, why not? Thanks!

Your pal,
    Jax Wingo
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    edited January 2018
    Hmm double posted.
  • IrcIrc Posts: 14
    I need a 5* Ghost rider :smile:
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    How nice would an uncollected section of the forum be right about now lol
  • IrcIrc Posts: 14
    I need a 5* Ghost rider :smiley:
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom
    A "featured" champion isn't necessarily better than a basic champ, it's just newer. With that in mind, straight up question - forget about how Kabam have curated the list of basics and all the other stuff in this discussion. Do you honestly think this crystal is better than the existing one and if so why?

Better depends on the perspective. If you are looking at the odds of pulling one specific Champ, as in the one running alongside the Arena release, then no. I believe we've established that the chance will be lower.
    Better in terms of getting Champs as soon as they're released? Perhaps not.
    Better in terms of being more fair and in line with the probability of other Crystals? Yes. It was the only Crystal that had that high of a rate for one particular Champ, for a long time. For a while, that may have been necessary because they literally ran twice, and Shards were much more limited. Things gave changed.
    Better in terms of Duping other Champs? Yes. There will be greater possibility of such.
    Better in terms of making our own personal decisions? Yes. The pool is more specific and less cluttered. People will have a better idea what's in it and be able to make more informed decisions.
    Better in terms of slowing down the amount of Featured Champs that flow through the game? Yes. The flow was too high. Especially with Shards becoming more available.
    It's really all a matter of perspective as to whether it's better, but I see it as a viable decision and I understand the reasoning behind it. That may not be in tandem with what people want, but it rarely is when something changes that means less access to something.

I actually agree with some of this. Kabam really dropped the ball by making the first crystal garbage and it's three months of garbage that we have to put up with. If they had done a better job including actual effective champs that people want there would be a lot less backlash. No one wants to replace the current crystal with this particular collection of mostly trash. It is entirely possible that future crystals will have champs people want. My main problem is the same champs for three months. That's only 4 crystals a year and so they have only three more chances to give us a crystal that we actually like in all of 2018. If they revisit that part it might be good.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    You're not asking a simple question. You're spamming the same comment after everything I say. My Account details were never shared by me on the Forum. Not once. While you're reading the rules, you may want to look at the rules on being non-constructive, shaming others on their experience in the game, and any other that falls under making things personal. This is the only time I will address the topic with you. I don't care what you think you know about my Account. That's not what the topic is about.

I think it’s valid and certainly not personal to note that you’re on a thread about 5 stars and don’t have any in your profile. It is constructive to note you are not playing the same game as those that do. Nothing personal at all. Personal would be questioning your intelligence, calling you clueless, etc. I didn’t do that. Shaming others would mean criticizing the level you play at. No criticism on the level you play at. It is valid to note you don’t use 5 star heroes. I don’t know why you’re so passionate about something you don’t use in the game. If you’re ashamed that’s not from me. It’s bewildering to me how much time you spend on a 5 star discussion when you don’t use them or have them in your profile. You can easily check out mine.
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom
    A "featured" champion isn't necessarily better than a basic champ, it's just newer. With that in mind, straight up question - forget about how Kabam have curated the list of basics and all the other stuff in this discussion. Do you honestly think this crystal is better than the existing one and if so why?

Better depends on the perspective. If you are looking at the odds of pulling one specific Champ, as in the one running alongside the Arena release, then no. I believe we've established that the chance will be lower.
    Better in terms of getting Champs as soon as they're released? Perhaps not.
    Better in terms of being more fair and in line with the probability of other Crystals? Yes. It was the only Crystal that had that high of a rate for one particular Champ, for a long time. For a while, that may have been necessary because they literally ran twice, and Shards were much more limited. Things gave changed.
    Better in terms of Duping other Champs? Yes. There will be greater possibility of such.
    Better in terms of making our own personal decisions? Yes. The pool is more specific and less cluttered. People will have a better idea what's in it and be able to make more informed decisions.
    Better in terms of slowing down the amount of Featured Champs that flow through the game? Yes. The flow was too high. Especially with Shards becoming more available.
    It's really all a matter of perspective as to whether it's better, but I see it as a viable decision and I understand the reasoning behind it. That may not be in tandem with what people want, but it rarely is when something changes that means less access to something.

I actually agree with some of this. Kabam really dropped the ball by making the first crystal garbage and it's three months of garbage that we have to put up with. If they had done a better job including actual effective champs that people want there would be a lot less backlash. No one wants to replace the current crystal with this particular collection of mostly trash. It is entirely possible that future crystals will have champs people want. My main problem is the same champs for three months. That's only 4 crystals a year and so they have only three more chances to give us a crystal that we actually like in all of 2018. If they revisit that part it might be good.

Also remember they said the same 18 won't be used back to back but that doesn't mean that the 3rd set of 18 won't be the exact same as the 1st set. I'm not saying it will for sure be the same but it could be.

Agree. It is possible that one or all of the three other crystals will be good but I'm not really hopeful given the obvious disconnect between their internal data and the actual player experience.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    The only time this crystal will be any good is when they add a handful of god tier champs in their like Hyperion, Voodoo, Gwenpool, Archangel, etc to the basic pool.

That's when it will be a great crystal. 4 god tier champs out of 24 is pretty damn good odds. A 15% chance at one of those god tiers are much better than the ~1% chance we have now in the 10k basic crystal.

But until that happens this crystal is still horrible. No ones likes having their choice taken away from them or waiting 3 months for a crack at a feature. Going from 20% down to 4% is an insult.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    @GroundedWisdom the fact that you have never shared your profile isn't really relevant if people know what it is. Kind of like a previous discussion about the uncollected quest. When it was pointed out that you weren't actually uncollected and perhaps shouldn't be the most vocal person in the discussion of whether the nodes in that quest were appropriate you bristled at the idea that people knew you weren't uncollected but (to your credit) never denied it. @rwhack has pointed out that you don't have any 5*s in your profile and are very vocal in a 5* discussion thread. Is he wrong? I'm sure you will respond with generalizations about a public forum and your profile isn't the point yadda yadda, but is he wrong?

Cut the wash. The only purpose of comments like that is to use someone's Account to discredit what they're saying and push them out of the conversation. It's a last resort. It has absolutely nothing to do with the points I've presented. Its just a bully tactic, and not a very effective one at that.
    It's an effort to call people out. Which is not appropriate. You can spin it whatever way you want, but that's what it is. The fact that I have never shared my information is absolutely valid. It's mine to share should I choose. Not someone else's. If you have a point to make with what I'm saying, address what I've said, rather than try to take cheap shots about my Account. That doesn't affect me in the least. It's a personal shot. Trying to expose someone's Account details is just a cheap shot. I've said that was the only time I will address the topic with them, and I'm not going to continue it with you. Sorry. Back to the topic.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    @GroundedWisdom the fact that you have never shared your profile isn't really relevant if people know what it is. Kind of like a previous discussion about the uncollected quest. When it was pointed out that you weren't actually uncollected and perhaps shouldn't be the most vocal person in the discussion of whether the nodes in that quest were appropriate you bristled at the idea that people knew you weren't uncollected but (to your credit) never denied it. @rwhack has pointed out that you don't have any 5*s in your profile and are very vocal in a 5* discussion thread. Is he wrong? I'm sure you will respond with generalizations about a public forum and your profile isn't the point yadda yadda, but is he wrong?

Cut the wash. The only purpose of comments like that is to use someone's Account to discredit what they're saying and push them out of the conversation. It's a last resort. It has absolutely nothing to do with the points I've presented. Its just a bully tactic, and not a very effective one at that.
    It's an effort to call people out. Which is not appropriate. You can spin it whatever way you want, but that's what it is. The fact that I have never shared my information is absolutely valid. It's mine to share should I choose. Not someone else's. If you have a point to make with what I'm saying, address what I've said, rather than try to take cheap shots about my Account. That doesn't affect me in the least. It's a personal shot. Trying to expose someone's Account details is just a cheap shot. I've said that was the only time I will address the topic with them, and I'm not going to continue it with you. Sorry. Back to the topic.

Exposing account details?! This isn’t national security. You’re speaking at length about things you don’t possess. My favorite car I’ve had is an Audi RS5. 6 speed manual with a V8. If you want to jump in and say the car is too slow and list why you dislike it I think it’s perfectly valid to point out the most fun sports car you’ve had was say a Honda Civic. You can have your opinion but knowing the frame of reference is important in any setting.

Bully tactic? Knowing the perspective of the speaker is bullying now? I’m starting to think people don’t know what bullying is.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    rwhack wrote: »
    You're not asking a simple question. You're spamming the same comment after everything I say. My Account details were never shared by me on the Forum. Not once. While you're reading the rules, you may want to look at the rules on being non-constructive, shaming others on their experience in the game, and any other that falls under making things personal. This is the only time I will address the topic with you. I don't care what you think you know about my Account. That's not what the topic is about.

I think it’s valid and certainly not personal to note that you’re on a thread about 5 stars and don’t have any in your profile. It is constructive to note you are not playing the same game as those that do. Nothing personal at all. Personal would be questioning your intelligence, calling you clueless, etc. I didn’t do that. Shaming others would mean criticizing the level you play at. No criticism on the level you play at. It is valid to note you don’t use 5 star heroes. I don’t know why you’re so passionate about something you don’t use in the game. If you’re ashamed that’s not from me. It’s bewildering to me how much time you spend on a 5 star discussion when you don’t use them or have them in your profile. You can easily check out mine.

I have a large stack of 5* shards that I've been saving up, but I don't have any 5* in my profile even though I use all 9 of mine in most areas of the game. Are you trying to say that this discussion doesn't concern me either? Why would having a 5* in your profile be so important? These changes should concern anyone who's ever bought a 5* crystal, basic or featured, or is considering playing the game for long enough to acquire enough shards to purchase one in the future.
    Which would hopefully be the entire player base, not just the 'Tier 1' summoners like yourself. If that's indeed what you are.
    @GroundedWisdom Distilling your answer. I read "Better... Yes" more times than I read "Better... No", so I take it on the whole you consider it a better crystal. It was relatively straightforward question.

@Axo4545 The fact there are so many opinions here should give them at least the idea that we are unhappy with the change and should consider a different approach. Here's my constructive idea: On the basis that we get two new champs per month.

1) Rotate the two new champs through a 3 month life cycle, removing the oldest two featured champs at the end of each month. So the featured champs are still in there a total of 3 months.
    2) Change the pool of basic champs each month
    3) Reduce the basic pool down to 12 champs, making the total pool 18 champs

This means that the basic pool doesn't become stale and I feel makes the "featured" crystal worth the 50% premium based on the increased odds of pulling a champ you are looking for.
    That's an oversimplified summary of what I said. I didn't say it was better. I said it was a viable option and I understand the reasons behind it. Better depends on what perspective you're looking at it from.

Yeah, and I find it funny that you can't give a straightforward answer to a straightforward question, which makes me think that you're dodging the question. On the whole do you think the crystal is better or worse than the current one? Forget it depends on your perspective, people have a gut reaction as to whether this is better or worse, what is yours? I'm doing you the courtesy of being straightforward and you're dancing around. What do you actually think?

I said what I thought. It wasn't dancing at all. Better isn't an easy assessment to make. We haven't even seen the drops yet, and I don't have a Crystal Ball. I said it was a viable change, and I understand the reasons. Meaning on paper, the reasons for the change outweigh the reasons to keep it the same. If you want to call that better, that's entirely up to you. Ultimately, I think the decision came from necessity rather than just "better".
    edited January 2018
    A person's account matters when they wax poetic about stuff they know nothing about or have no experience in.

Especially when what they say is wrong 90% of the time, lol.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    rwhack wrote: »

I have a large stack of 5* shards that I've been saving up, but I don't have any 5* in my profile even though I use all 9 of mine in most areas of the game. Are you trying to say that this discussion doesn't concern me either? Why would having a 5* in your profile be so important? These changes should concern anyone who's ever bought a 5* crystal, basic or featured, or is considering playing the game for long enough to acquire enough shards to purchase one in the future.
    Which would hopefully be the entire player base, not just the 'Tier 1' summoners like yourself. If that's indeed what you are.

Not at all what he meant. All are free to have opinions and contribute to the discussion. He was addressing someone that knows all about feature crystals, yet has no 5*s in his profile.
    @GroundedWisdom

You have a right to give your opinion like anyone else, but look at it this way...

Out of the thousands of people on this forum, your voice is the biggest, loudest, and heaviest. By far.

This is why people like to grill you on everything because your presence is everywhere. So you have to be ready to back up what you say with facts and not just opinions, and you have to be credible.
    This is not up for discussion. It's a Thread about the Featured Crystal changes. Where someone is at in the game has nothing to do with the topic. It's not necessary to qualify for any discussion on here, and it's certainly not appropriate to call people out using their Profile. It's not about the topic, it's personal. The comment was made across a number of Threads, with one purpose. That was to take a shot at me.
    There is no situation where that is appropriate to the conversation. Regardless of what someone's personal opinion is on someone commenting. We're here to discuss the changes to the Crystal. There's nothing to "back up". It's not for anyone else to publicly shame someone using a Profile. That's all it is. "I don't like you. I don't like what you say. Let's expose you for what you are. Your Profile shows X. What you say doesn't matter.". Bully mentality. I'm over the topic, so I won't be responding to anyone anymore on it. We're not here to discuss Profiles. We're here to discuss the Crystals. That affects everyone, and all topics on the Forum are for anyone. People have equal respect here. Whether people think they deserve it or not.
    People can be right at any level of the game.

There are many highly skilled and knowledgeable players in tier 20 still climbing the ranks and there are many players in tier 1 with stacked accounts who don't know how many characters work and still can't play a lick.

No one is excluding anyone just by what their profile is, but people will exclude based on what they say.

Wrong is wrong.

Cut the wash? I don't think that's a thing lol. Not quite sure what it would mean...
    edited January 2018

Cut the wash? I don't think that's a thing lol. Not quite sure what it would mean...

maybe you need a haircut and a wash u filthy animal
    Maybe so but I am VERY OFFENDED at the personal attack lmao
    Maybe so but I am VERY OFFENDED at the personal attack lmao

That wasn't a personal attack. It means the comment was a spin on the subject.