**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iceman's coldsnap doesn't stop evade...

After version 16.1 I've noticed already twice that Iceman's coldsnap wasn't preventing Spiderman (symbiote) from evading attacks. Is that a bug?

Comments

• L1d3rAL1d3rA Posts: 40
    not 100% sure but isn't coldsnap only for passive evade ? not like symbiote spidey that is like buff ?
  • Noticed it on regular spider
  • LamasaLamasa Posts: 3
    Description under Iceman's special 1 says "Opponents under a Coldsnap cannot Evade attacks." It doesn't make any difference between buffs or passive evade... I think it's a bug, something for kabam to look into and fix. Also, since we're talking about Iceman, doesn't make any sense that he's not inmune to his own coldsnap... I mean, the guy is made of ice, right?
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    I confirm what Lamasa says: sometimes Nightcrawler evades attacks under Coldsnap, and honestly it’s really annoying, ‘cause you’re not expecting it when it happens. I actually noticed it several times in war; I’m pretty sure it’s a game bug.
  • Lamasa wrote: »
    Description under Iceman's special 1 says "Opponents under a Coldsnap cannot Evade attacks." It doesn't make any difference between buffs or passive evade... I think it's a bug, something for kabam to look into and fix. Also, since we're talking about Iceman, doesn't make any sense that he's not inmune to his own coldsnap... I mean, the guy is made of ice, right?

Never had this happen before and I use Iceman a lot. You sure it wasn’t a frostbite you had on him and not coldsnap?

And as far as I him being immune to coldsnap; kabam said it was a conscious decision to make him that way. That he already had “enough going for him” and didn’t need another immunity
  • cUbA_LiBrEcUbA_LiBrE Posts: 1,123 Guardian
    edited January 2018
    In which mode did it hapen? Maybe it is in Arena? Does it say on the opponent side "evade" or "dexterity". Dexteriy can not be prevented by cold snap.

Im using my Iceman a lot lately in the uncollected Sentry event. Did not notice anything different.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    Coldsnap prevents "evade." It has no effect on "dexterity." I've noted this literally hundreds of times using my iceman grinding arenas, in war and even in quest occasionally. It used to annoy the hell out of me but now that I'm used to it I'm just more careful about button-mashing with coldsnap.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    It's been a very rare bug ever since he's been introduced. I've had him since release and have only seen it a few times.
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »
    In which mode did it hapen? Maybe it is in Arena? Does it say on the opponent side "evade" or "dexterity". Dexteriy can not be prevented by cold snap.

Im using my Iceman a lot lately in the uncollected Sentry event. Did not notice anything different.

It happened surely twice in my experience: one in Act 5.1.2 and one in AW. Maybe it happened again in other modes but I didn’t notice it.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Wont be fixed cause that benefits them that it doesnt work
    cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »

Speaking of when it happened in war, it must have been a bug even if it was “dexterity” instead of “evade”. It seems to me to be impossible to activate dexterity right in the middle of a 5-hit combo... Am I wrong?
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    He doesn't stop the evade from buffs, e.g. Symbiote spider after specials, NC after specials in first mode, Spider-Gwen after SP1
    Acanthus wrote: »
    He doesn't stop the evade from buffs, e.g. Symbiote spider after specials, NC after specials in first mode, Spider-Gwen after SP1

I think this could be a better answer, but do you think it’s right? I mean: Iceman’s coldsnap says the opponent is unable to evade. In my head, as long as the ability used is “evade” (and not a similar one, such as “dexterity”), no matter if it comes from a buff or from the standard abilities of the character, it should be stopped anyway... Isn’t it right?
  • AthielAthiel Posts: 21
    A mi me pasa que las arañas evaden el cold snap de iceman de forma continua, es correcto?
  • TarlungsTarlungs Posts: 113
    I had this happen with sym spidey in 5.1.4. He's cold snapped yet evades.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    simolaz wrote: »
    Acanthus wrote: »

I think this could be a better answer, but do you think it’s right? I mean: Iceman’s coldsnap says the opponent is unable to evade. In my head, as long as the ability used is “evade” (and not a similar one, such as “dexterity”), no matter if it comes from a buff or from the standard abilities of the character, it should be stopped anyway... Isn’t it right?

It should be either re-worded or fixed, yes. Labyrinth evade ignores coldsnap aswell