**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The most frustrated you've ever been in a story quest, or event quest?

I'm curious, can you guys remember a time where you were the most PO'd you've ever been with the game? For me it would have to be the hyperion boss in the Sentry event quest. Absolute BS right there... there was nothing you could do, but hope you could tank special 3 after special 3.

Comments

• AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    Hyperion was fun mostly with Ronan. But on the last time I fought him I was doing the infinity stun and he was out of stun during a combo because I needed power and I tried to chain my sp1 at the end of a five hit combo and he blocked it. And I was smashed mercilessly into the ground by an sp3. All my champs where now ko’ed and I have no revives or free crystals (thanks act5, void, and last months modok) so I bought a revive and revived Ronan. Hyperion didn’t feel like using his sp1 or sp2 that day and before I could get a special off he made it to get another sp3. So I revived again and finally I killed him. Hyperion was at 15% health. -_-
  • DizastarDizastar Posts: 56
    Yeah, I just used Ronan... the only damage I took was recoil damage.. Try that. Or Ice Armor.
  • Captain_2goodCaptain_2good Posts: 145
    The Sentry Event Hyperion was fun. I solo’d him with a 4/40 Duped Gwenpool. Just ate Special 3 after Special 3 and stayed at 1% Health lol.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Hela was the most annoying thing with animations and damage man it annoyed me
  • TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    The first time fighting modok in uncollected difficulty. I went through a ton of potions and revives, he was such a pain! After that probably the collector.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It probably would have been the Collector if I hadn't done the research to know what I was getting into, but I knew it was a money grab and wasn't too worried about it.

I honestly say aloud "Are you f*cking kidding me?" at least 2-3 times a day when playing it. Typically it's lag related where my champ ends up eating a combo or special because the controls froze.
  • Flash_AsherFlash_Asher Posts: 80
    edited January 2018
    Right now, Void is. He is bugged to high hell. His easily avoidable specials are somehow hitting me when I'm receiving dexterity buffs for EVADING THEM! All he wants to do his camp in a corner. The ten hit combos aren't purifying like they should. My toons abilities are disappearing. Thor and Hulk's L1 just WILL NOT stun. I'm talking 4-5 runs through master and maybe 10% of the times they work. He has two charging times in his heavy it seems. The initial heavy charge before he jumps then when he flips in the air he somehow has the ability to hold that part of his heavy making it even harder to find an opening. I ran through UNCOLLECTED Modok and Ice Phoenix last month with no 4/55s and with relative ease. Star Lord with a couple boosts for Ice Queen and Black Widow and Quake for Modok. I haven't been shafted like this since the Boss Rush event with that rigged Mephisto. I seriously don't know what to do.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    It probably would have been the Collector if I hadn't done the research to know what I was getting into, but I knew it was a money grab and wasn't too worried about it.

I honestly say aloud "Are you f*cking kidding me?" at least 2-3 times a day when playing it. Typically it's lag related where my champ ends up eating a combo or special because the controls froze.

Don't you love how the game lags soooo heavily when it comes to content that matters. Act 5, AQ, AW, Uncollected Diff., etc. ?
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Right now, Void is. He is bugged to high hell. His easily avoidable specials are somehow hitting me when I'm receiving dexterity buffs for EVADING THEM! All he wants to do his camp in a corner. The ten hit combos aren't purifying like they should. My toons abilities are disappearing. Thor and Hulk's L1 just WILL NOT stun. I'm talking 4-5 runs through master and maybe 10% of the times they work. He has two charging times in his heavy it seems. The initial heavy charge before he jumps then when he flips in the air he somehow has the ability to hold that part of his heavy making it even harder to find an opening. I ran through UNCOLLECTED Modok and Ice Phoenix last month with no 4/55s and with relative ease. Star Lord with a couple boosts for Ice Queen and Black Widow and Quake for Modok. I haven't been shafted like this since the Boss Rush event with that rigged Mephisto. I seriously don't know what to do.

Not sure that’s actually a bug. One of his abilities is to reduce the chance of dexterity working by 30%, could be the reason that things are still hitting you. Not really a fan of that being an ability, but it seems rare enough to be ok. As for me, would probably be the spite in the Bautista challenge I think it was. At the time, I didn’t really have any decent power controllers so I just couldn’t get through the last part. Tried turning off dexterity and using champs that don’t have buffs but the block damage just wore me down. Wish I had my psylocke or dormammu back then, really wanted to finish it.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Act 4 Juggs. He WAS horrible.

Not sure that’s actually a bug. One of his abilities is to reduce the chance of dexterity working by 30%, could be the reason that things are still hitting you. Not really a fan of that being an ability, but it seems rare enough to be ok. As for me, would probably be the spite in the Bautista challenge I think it was. At the time, I didn’t really have any decent power controllers so I just couldn’t get through the last part. Tried turning off dexterity and using champs that don’t have buffs but the block damage just wore me down. Wish I had my psylocke or dormammu back then, really wanted to finish it.

I would agree with you but I'm receiving the dexterity buff. When facing someone like Magneto and you're magnetized, you can still evade the projectile you just don't receive the dexterity buff.

This isn't the first time though this happened. Void is in line with a long list of times I've received the dexterity buff for evading properly but still take full damage. It's broken.

With that said, is that how is dexterity/evasion debuff works? It turns it off altogether or is it supposed to operate as a ability accuracy reduction? Being able to still evade but not receiving the dexterity buff.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Master mode iceman and 5.2.4
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

I would agree with you but I'm receiving the dexterity buff. When facing someone like Magneto and you're magnetized, you can still evade the projectile you just don't receive the dexterity buff.

This isn't the first time though this happened. Void is in line with a long list of times I've received the dexterity buff for evading properly but still take full damage. It's broken.

With that said, is that how is dexterity/evasion debuff works? It turns it off altogether or is it supposed to operate as a ability accuracy reduction? Being able to still evade but not receiving the dexterity buff.

Ability accuracy reduction has nothing to do with the ability to avoid all damage with the right dodge timing. It only reduces the chance that you get the precision buff from it. Voids ability is new and can actually prevent the dodge itself from working even with the right timing. If I remember right it’s a random chance of him getting that ability every 10 seconds and he then has a 30% chance to still hit you during a dex evade. Personally, I’ve never had an issue with dexterity popping up and still taking damage so can’t really say much about that. Hopefully that won’t keep happening for you because that could probably mess things up a lot.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    The Electra miniboss at the end of act 4, one run she triggered mesmerise on my first hit 5 times in a row, and 1 combo was death.
    Came back with my rogue and I’m pretty sure it still triggered an absurd amount of times but she’s basically stun immune so it was ok.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Becoming uncollected. Somewhere in act ch2. 4th tile, funny it got easier from there.
  • PandamanTanPandamanTan Posts: 120
    Hela and MODOK were such pains.
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    This was before v12.0 so Starlord's sig didn't have a cap but I was fighting ROL Wolverine with a combo of like 1100+ or something but he would keep regening back to full health which made me quite frustrated for literally making 0 progress. Anyway, the Block Profiency synergy (remember that? haha) was still a thing back then so I took 0 damage from his attacks or specials. I just needed to intercept and watch out for his evades.

and oh boy.

When I lost my thousand hit combo just because of one, minor error I lost it. Like I could beat every other opponent besides than Wolvie (and Juggs) with ease but I had to literally reset to bring a new just to counter this guy and fail yet again. But on the bright side I beat ROL not long after haha.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Modok has no problem with power gainers
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Act 4 Juggs, pre nerf.

Everything else is oale in comparison.
  • SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 101
    Act 4 Juggs, pre nerf.

Everything else is oale in comparison.

Truth has been spoken. That Juggs drove me batsh!t crazy. I saved up revives for a month after my first few unsuccessful attempts.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    So far, The regen superior iron man in act 4.1. But im only in act 4 chapter 2. Need to make my team stronger to keep going
  • Username1583Username1583 Posts: 165
    edited January 2018
    I'm curious, can you guys remember a time where you were the most PO'd you've ever been with the game? For me it would have to be the hyperion boss in the Sentry event quest. Absolute BS right there... there was nothing you could do, but hope you could tank special 3 after special 3.

Hyperion is quite easy with Hawkeye, Magik, Modok or other power control champs. For me the worst boss in a month quest was Dormammu. He was almost impossible without Ronan back then, we weren't used to fight him and he also had a crazy power gain, Magik couldn't reach her sp2 before the power absorption so she was useless.
    At the moment the worst fight of the game is Collector in act 5.2, there's not much you can do beside using items.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    This is most likely my fault but in ROL trying to take down wolverine with a 3* 3/30 guillotine lmao I used more revives than I want to admit and cracked the screen of the tablet I had at the time because I punched wolverine in the face one too many times... was SOOOOOOOOOOO pissed lol
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    There should be only 1 answer here:

Pre-nerf Uncollected Ice Phoenix.

She was the most BS BS ever placed in the game. Collector is a close second.