**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

AI changed? Getting specials blocked.

In the last few days I'm getting my specials blocked when I try to fit them in at the end of a mid-low-low-low-low combo. Up until recently I was able to do this almost every time...now the special can get blocked by the AI even when I'm making a concerted effort to hit the special button immediately after the last hit of my combo ends.

Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Ashesudeeni1Ashesudeeni1 Posts: 49
    ive noticed this recently too
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    you should always end your 5-hit combos with medium hits in order to chain specials. Ending with a light attack would almost guarantee (in the end game content) that your specials will be blocked
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    If you want to chain specials after a light attack, you should do 4-hit combos ending with light attack
  • Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    The AI is recovering much faster lately and being able to block when in the past they couldn't. Guy had posted a thread about it with video a bit back. I've noticed it as well and now just do the 4 hit combo and fire special.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Been that way for awhile now, some champions in general get their specials blocked more. The ai is still reacting and recovering way to fast in general as well
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Happens here and there to me, even ending with a medium 5 hit combo.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Yeah I have noticed this more and more as progress. What sucks is it does not feel like fair difficulty... feels cheap and inhuman (no pun intended). Its like AI that can perfectly dash away form every attack (even without Dex-ing) and plasy slow ans sluggishly right up until it needs and insta-block or attack and then they are beyond god level skill. really feel like artificial difficulty to me... at least make them play like people so it is and not cheap feeling. You can tell the AI makes decisions based on what you did just in the milliseconds... case and point if they have a special charged try heavy attacking and watch the fun (90+% of the time it will register your heavy and THEN chose to fire its special... same for dashing in with a medium attack... it will read it in the code and then instantly throw the special).

EDIT... Just wanted to add that they are also Parrying a lot more specials too.
  • chev327fox wrote: »
    ... feels cheap and inhuman. really feel like artificial difficulty to me...

I've thought the same thing for a while. The most obvious case is hard attacks. After blocking for a long time, the AI reacts literally instantaneously if you do the "correct" thing and attempt to break their block. There's also the times where the AI will do a hard attack that goes off at the exact millisecond it has been sufficiently charged and therefore gives zero opportunity to avoid by the player. This is especially problematic when the AI throws the instant hard attack at the end of a combo string that you're blocking.

Then again, this is more of a Pokemon-style pet collecting game than a well-designed fighting game so what do ya expect?
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    having the same issue. I think it's a performance issue (was last time this happened). Champs recover faster than they should after a combo, and block your specials
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    https://youtu.be/InQ-wpoYKv8

More proof this bug has not been fixed
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Rich the Man posted a video on this topic. Keep submitting video evidence guys, this won’t get fixed without players showing it’s still a problem.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    In the last few days I'm getting my specials blocked when I try to fit them in at the end of a mid-low-low-low-low combo. Up until recently I was able to do this almost every time...now the special can get blocked by the AI even when I'm making a concerted effort to hit the special button immediately after the last hit of my combo ends.

Anyone know what's going on?

This only works up to a certain level of difficulty. You have probably started playing harder content as of late (good progress. :-)) Moving forward if you want to fire off a special after a combo you should be ending with a medium hit. So the combo should be M-L-L-L-M. The light hit apparently doesn't knock them off balance enough and they can recover with a block.

Also be aware that there are certain characters with specials that tend to get blocked a lot because they are glitched. Off the top of my head:
    - Voodoo's L2
    - Ms. Marvel's L2
    - Superior Iron Man's L2.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello,

We've clarified that changes haven't been made to the game AI. If you want to report a performance issue or unresponsive controls, please do so in our dedicated iOS or Android threads.

Also, please do not revive old and outdated threads.
This discussion has been closed.