**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Should I saved for blade or buy basic

85_widereciever85_widereciever Posts: 85
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
I currently only have 1 five star(rhino) and have 13k shards should I save for blade or open a basic

Should I saved for blade or buy basic 163 votes

Save for blade
47%
DL864MattyloNevvBRagamugginGunnerdanielmathSnakeEyes69DrZolaAnonymousPalanthraxAjavedNinjAlanJRock808Ou_YeahGriffoplaySpity68Hort4Goken2345StewmanJJ4302Jaded 77 votes
Open a basic
52%
Elijah1929GamerJOHNOSA1995LeNoirFaineantBitterSteelDrOctavius2_2Shynight00AppieRaganatorZENJlw11benshbgatra_hpMegaVoltsninexhelixXillymanpayebuduNanoDroidNew_Noob168HeroBoltsy 86 votes

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Open a basic
    Basic is the expected option and I voted it for it as well but I change my mind this is the last time this old featured crystal will be here so I say give it a shot then start going for basics.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Save for blade
    I only have 12,184 5* shards right now and I am saving for one chance at Blade.

Its one chance and its the last featured crystal... so for us it's worth the extra 5,000 crystals at a chance for the best champ in the game. At least that is how I see... especially since I have no god tier champs yet at lvl 47.

Oh also he is going to be in the basic pool on Feb. 13th... so even if we cannot save quite enough in time (which we should be able to just with events and gifts alone) we will have a small chance at him from regular crystals too. So waiting has an advantage either way.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Open a basic
    I had the same choice and today I opened 2 basic and got X23 and Vulture. Gonna use my mutant gem on x23 and rank 4 her so I’m happy!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Open a basic
    Congrats @BitterSteel
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Open a basic
    I still don't have her as a 4*. Would love a 5*.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Open a basic
    She is a good choice for lol too.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Open a basic
    Congrats @BitterSteel

Thanks, opened the first and was like ah vulture, I guess that’s alright but then the next one had me jaw dropped and celebrating :D good luck getting her as a 5*
    She is a good choice for lol too.

Really? X23 for LoL. Hmm I’ll give her a try when I rank her up. What sort of mastery set up is good for her in LoL, obviously deep wounds and assassin
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Save for blade
    only one answer
  • @Palanthrax I now think I can get up to 25k if I grind enough but I don’t think 30 so should I open a basic to get a five star to help with the grind
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Open a basic
    Open the basic. Blade will eventually be in there anyways.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Save for blade
    The people telling you to open basics are just trolling you so you don't get blade, that's all.
  • Even tho I have no chance of awakening blade
  • Atomic_WolfAtomic_Wolf Posts: 59
    Open a basic
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Let me put it this way. If you save for Blade and don't get him, it cost you 5K shards (which realistically don't take that long to get).

In the worst case, you can say, "Well, at least I gave myself the chance".

If you spin a basic now and get Kamala Khan, you will want to murder yourself.
    LOL. I'd feel that way if I spent the extra 5k and got Kamala anyways.

Since you only have 1 five star, I would open up a basic but not until next month when Blade enters the regular pool of Champs.
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    Save for blade
    Last featured crystal. One of the best Pg into it.
    Save for Blade.

You have just one 5* so, I presume, It is not that long you are playing. if it is true you do not have the resource to bring a 5* to r3 or r4. R3 is the rank where SOME 5* can be equal/better then 4* r5. I will go for a shot at one of the best charater in the game and hope to dupe it in the following regular 10K crystals.
  • Eviscerator2021Eviscerator2021 Posts: 128
    Save for blade
    I voted save for Blade cause that's what I'm doing. My luck though I'll end up with Kamala Kahn or Spider-Gwen.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Save for blade
    I caved and grabbed a basic because I figured I can make up another 15K by Feb. 22. Result? RHulk.

And my 5* skill and cosmic awakening gems I’ve had for years (yes, years) sit on ice because I refuse to burn on WS or Ronan.

So save for Blade...

Dr. Zola
  • KandiwolfKandiwolf Posts: 35
    Open a basic
    I think if less than 3-4 open basic
  • ArshadashuArshadashu Posts: 31
    Go for Blade, i opened 1 Blade crystal and was lucky
  • ArshadashuArshadashu Posts: 31

• solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Save for blade

Definitely go for basic.

Blade is overrated and not worth the extra 5000 shards per try.

I thought the same from the start but once I got some experience playing him I can say he’s the one on the best.. together with Sparky and GR (all 4* max) got me through Collector without major issues.. so I’ll invest these 5000 shards.
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    Open a basic
    Especially if you're roster is low on champs just open basics. I have blade awakened and 4/55, I would open a basic in your case, the chance just isnt worth the waste the shards. Plenty of equally good champs in basics, blade included
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    I opened a basic the other day and pulled blade. Just took him to r3.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 771 ★★★
    Open a basic
    Go for basic. You need to build your roster of 5*s, and an unduped Blade isn’t going to be game changing without synergies. There are plenty of good champs (including Blade) in the basic without the extra 50% cost.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 733 ★★★
    Open a basic
    Honestly Blade is worth the extra 5k shards but since you only have 1 5* risking half of another crystal isnt worth it in my opinion. Yes you can get lucky and pull blade but you have an 80% chance to pull someone else that you could have just gotten from the basic crystal. Either way i hope you have great luck and pull someone awesome!
  • HerrPopopHerrPopop Posts: 185
    Open a basic
    Since you only have 1 5*, I recommend opening a basic..you should focus more on expanding your roster
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Save for blade
    Blade's dupe is very helpful but not needed for him to hit like a battering ram. You will find use of him in a lot of content.