**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Antman

So his glancing can’t be reduced by BW or CB cuz kabam says he pushes a button just before the hit but how can he push said button and make hits glance while he’s stunned?

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I don't think it's so much that he reduces his size with each hit, I read his ability more that he is just smaller for the duration of the fight when awakened which grants a chance for an attack to glance off of him.

Smaller target = harder to hit. And when you don't hit him square on, then your abilities are reduced.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    You're getting it wrong ... He simply has a chance to trigger glancing on every hit of the opponent.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    No I’m not wrong. There was a discussion way back before they changed the forum that a 100% BW would still glance back before she was nerfed that she doesn’t affect his ability accuracy cuz he pushes a button before the hit. I’m correct. You’re getting it wrong
    Simply stating "I'm correct" does not make you correct.

I would like to see where in the game it says he pushes a button before every hit. His Signature Ability description states that "Ant-man subtly alters his size during combat with precise Pym Gas control, granting..."

You read that to mean that before and after every action (hit, block, evade, dash, etc) he actively changes his size, and consequently should not be able to do it while stunned.

I took it to mean that when he's fighting, that he's smaller and therefore the attacker has a harder time hitting him.
    Please stop posting on my thread if u haven’t a clue
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    That’s because his ability trumps passive offensive ability accuracy like bw and cb. He essentially reduces their accuracy first before bw and cb can use theirs
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    That’s because his ability trumps passive offensive ability accuracy like bw and cb. He essentially reduces their accuracy first before bw and cb can use theirs

Again how is he doing this while stunned. It was stated on the old forum that BW doesn’t affect his glancing cuz he presses a button just before getting hit. Just like he does in the movies.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    His ability simply triggers while he is stunned. It should and is doing so.
    Just forget anything you saw about "pushing a button". That is not an ability and therefore is not an argument
    Please stop posting on my thread if u haven’t a clue don't agree with me.

Fixed if for you. Again, simply wanting something to be true does not make it true. Show us proof of what you claim. With proof, I will support your claim. Until then, it is simply hear-say.

I remember seeing a lot of things on the old forums. Most of it was **** and has long-since been updated, replaced, nerfed, buffed, adjusted, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I hate fighting Antman and all of his glancing hits and want to know how to work around it. So far, my best option is AA with neuro's or Gwenpool bleeding him to death.
    I can’t show u proof since this is from the old forum. I’ve already stated this. Can u morons just leave this thread alone
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Again how is he doing this while stunned. It was stated on the old forum that BW doesn’t affect his glancing cuz he presses a button just before getting hit. Just like he does in the movies.

It's a supersuit is it that hard to believe it has some sort of auto defense function.
    Sungj wrote: »

It's a supersuit is it that hard to believe it has some sort of auto defense function.

But he isn't Stark Enhanced...
    edited January 2018
    I can’t show u proof since this is from the old forum. I’ve already stated this. Can u morons just leave this thread alone

"I have stated my feelings. I cannot back it up with any proof. Anyone who disagrees with me is a moron and needs to go away."

I will agree with you if you give me a reason to do so. However, I have not seen any, nor have you provided anything that says I should. And instead of trying to state your case, you default to name calling and telling everyone to go away.

I very much want to see your side of the argument. "Shut up and go away" is not a valid argument point.

However, simply 5 minutes using "mcoc antman glancing" in google yields me these gems:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/61w0nq/how_does_antmans_glancing_interact_with_defensive/
    https://mbch.guide/en/champions/tochnost-sposobnostej/

Offensive ability reductions (glancing) are applied before Defensive ability reductions (Subtlety) is why he's able to ignore Black Widow. The ability reduction is not eliminated simply because he is stunned.
  • ss1100ss1100 Posts: 365
    Please stop posting on my thread if u haven’t a clue

well... i think u should put this into the suggestion column as "disable ant man glancing when stunned"

why do u keep arguing about pushing the button?? he is made as of how he is. if u wanna suggest a change to his ability start a post in the suggestion page
This discussion has been closed.