**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pure skill title race?

tuposacptuposacp Posts: 165
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
I know legend title is there for glory and **** but it does not actually includes skill, mostly resource based race.

Give us another title which is pure skill based. Rules below:

1. Explore event WITHOUT using a single Revive or heal potion.
2. Shouldn’t take a single hit from enemy in another words don’t loose combo.
3. Player boosts disabled.
4. No time limit or time based race tho. This way it will be available for even for casual players.

****Special note to kabam if they think they will loose money but don’t make title a red one nor a blue one. Just a brown one would be good enough. It will be just enough to prove our skills. Thanks!

**** Note to players that I know it sounds impossible with bugs and some champs like nc and spidey but wouldn’t be really interesting and more fair race than legend run??

Pure skill title race? 38 votes

Yah dude sounds really kool!!
63%
MattyloTBJ1118Haji_SaabRetroRocksX_ScottItay1234212heruheru511makaighostJP1119WhateverWinner12344321Sac123_Will435BUZZdog3000tuposacpCypherdiousDOKTOROKTOPUSHzoriJoeswimmerDangerNoodle 24 votes
Nah sounds stupid and I’m SATISFIED with legend run system
18%
Vdh2008GreenElf21AfridPrimmer79ItempasTheWolfmanHubris_hater 7 votes
Meh...I don’t really dig titles.
18%
Chris_L_HJadedGAM3RGUYWildpantsBrickriversPandamanTanPeterQuill 7 votes

Comments

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I like this idea more than the legend run tbh
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Even though I am far-far from a skilled player... why not?
    I think most of the player would consider this a good challenge.
  • RetroRocksRetroRocks Posts: 67
    Amazing, I want this!
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    Lol , could you imagine the rage when someone looses combo on live stream.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    All of this with no regeneration/healing champs
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    tuposacp wrote: »
    I know legend title is there for glory and **** but it does not actually includes skill, mostly resource based race.

4. No time limit or time based race tho. This way it will be available for even for casual players.

In the MMO City of Heroes there was a special title you could earn for completing certain task forces (basically quests) with certain difficulty settings. Specifically, if you ran them with temporary powers turned off and if none of the members of the quest died, you would earn a "Master of X" badge where X was the task force in question.

I could hypothetically see something similar in MCOC. Do the entire boss rush with no potions and without dying and get the Master of Underdogs title. Do the entire Realm of Legends with no potions and no deaths and get the Master of Realm of Legends title. That sort of thing. This seems impractical for large multipath maps like say Act 4.1.1 or something. But you could adapt this for Labyrinth of Legends: every Ex-champ in LoL you kill with no deaths and no boosts earns you a Master of Ex- title or something similar.

Whether you do it with no deaths or just no revives, or maybe have different titles for different accomplishments is totally up for discussion.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    I like where you’re going with this. Or even add a timer to the game when starting a quest & add 5 seconds each time you get hit as an example, 10 seconds each time you die etc and have the timer only running during the quests not during load screens, so EVERYONE can participate, I find it stupid I need to have the newest iPhone or iPad to participate in legend tag runs, even tho I have a few of them I still like to climb the legend leaderboards & even tho you do need skill to get one like most people say you don’t but this would really make it about skill
  • tuposacptuposacp Posts: 165
    DNA3000 wrote: »

In the MMO City of Heroes there was a special title you could earn for completing certain task forces (basically quests) with certain difficulty settings. Specifically, if you ran them with temporary powers turned off and if none of the members of the quest died, you would earn a "Master of X" badge where X was the task force in question.

I could hypothetically see something similar in MCOC. Do the entire boss rush with no potions and without dying and get the Master of Underdogs title. Do the entire Realm of Legends with no potions and no deaths and get the Master of Realm of Legends title. That sort of thing. This seems impractical for large multipath maps like say Act 4.1.1 or something. But you could adapt this for Labyrinth of Legends: every Ex-champ in LoL you kill with no deaths and no boosts earns you a Master of Ex- title or something similar.

Whether you do it with no deaths or just no revives, or maybe have different titles for different accomplishments is totally up for discussion.

Damn that escalated quickly haha but your idea would make it impossible for casual players. Boss rush and lol fights are long if you don’t have good enough champs. While events are available to everyone rather than being locked for under 40 lvl.

Damn that escalated quickly haha but your idea would make it impossible for casual players. Boss rush and lol fights are long if you don’t have good enough champs. While events are available to everyone rather than being locked for under 40 lvl.

I assumed you were thinking about very high levels of skill and not just casual players, because never losing combo once through an entire map of play would be difficult even for expert players. Its not hard to build combo, its not hard to keep combo, but to not make a single error over an entire map of fights would be essentially trying to hold combo across potentially a thousand hits or more. That doesn't seem to be a casual task to me.

But you could make more casual-friendly versions of this. Defeat the fully buffed Venom without dying or buffing. Complete the hardest/longest path on each map of Heroic. Things like that.

I assumed you were thinking about very high levels of skill and not just casual players, because never losing combo once through an entire map of play would be difficult even for expert players. Its not hard to build combo, its not hard to keep combo, but to not make a single error over an entire map of fights would be essentially trying to hold combo across potentially a thousand hits or more. That doesn't seem to be a casual task to me.

But you could make more casual-friendly versions of this. Defeat the fully buffed Venom without dying or buffing. Complete the hardest/longest path on each map of Heroic. Things like that.

Yah that would be pain if I have to fight all enemies same day since there’s no timer I can fight 2 or three fights take break - chill - have a beer - good sleep - next day few more fights :)
    Being casual player doesn’t mean you don’t have skill but you don’t have lot of time to invest.
    Being casual player doesn’t mean you don’t have skill but you don’t have lot of time to invest.

Everyone has their own very specific (and usually personal) definition of "casual" but usually someone that has not a lot of time to invest in playing the game also doesn't have a lot of time to build up or maintain skill level in the game. Specifically targeting people who used to play the game enough to gain a high level of skills but then dropped down to a more casual level of play would be targeting a very narrow group of people.

Yah that would be pain if I have to fight all enemies same day since there’s no timer I can fight 2 or three fights take break - chill - have a beer - good sleep - next day few more fights :)

That might not be very attractive for just a title. Unless there were significant rewards attached, slow playing an event like that would mean you were losing a lot of energy. Someone might do LoL like that, but doing an event like that seems to contain a very high opportunity cost, since you can't run anything else (in normal content outside of AQ and AW) while you're tied up in there. If we're talking about, say, doing one relatively short path on a map you could do over the course of a day, the opportunity cost might become more reasonable.

That might not be very attractive for just a title. Unless there were significant rewards attached, slow playing an event like that would mean you were losing a lot of energy. Someone might do LoL like that, but doing an event like that seems to contain a very high opportunity cost, since you can't run anything else (in normal content outside of AQ and AW) while you're tied up in there. If we're talking about, say, doing one relatively short path on a map you could do over the course of a day, the opportunity cost might become more reasonable.

Well it depends on you whether you want to do one fight or whole exploration. So it’s kinda not a problem.