**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RTTL Deadpool

This feels dumb cause I shouldn't be having this much trouble here but I am so..
I'm in the second to last quest in Chapter 3 of rttl and there's an OG Deadpool right before the boss that I can't seem to beat. The safeguard node combined with his immunity to debuff's is making me unable to damage him fast enough to keep up with his regen and he's just not going anywhere. I tried using Quake for her aftershocks, which worked except that he's immune to stun so he's still beating me against the wall and then getting me with his 2 hit heavy. I really don't want to have to expend a bunch of items on this. Any suggestions? TIA

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Use a nullify champ like Scarlet Witch or Dr Strange.
  • TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    I don't have Strange and my SW is at r1.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    I feel like I used Magik to do that. Can't remember for sure. Anyways, I'd say get a power controller after him. His regen is based on his power level. 0 power, 0 regen.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I used vision on him. U can heal block and vision’s special bypasses safeguard. His damage output on normal hits isn’t any worse than everyone else’s bc of safeguard.

The trick is to keep him as low on power as possible. When he reaches a 1bar, stop hitting him and bait out his l1. It is a long fight, it u will chip away at his health over time.

Another option would be crossbones or duped widow to get around the safeguard. But u won’t have any heal block (u can, potentially) bypass his passive regen at the end though. Falcon when locked on also bypasses safeguard and would bypass that regen, but not sure falcon fits in your team for all of the other fights.

Magik power steals and her limbo damage would help. But bc of immune to rebuffs, obviously no power lock. She could nullify the regen at the end also.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    What is said above, get him to 1 bar and just bait the special, repeat for a while.

It's a pain, but it is possible
    edited January 2018
    Okay. Very helpful advice. I think I can get him now. I can bring my AUO Vision up to r4 and bring him instead of my r5 Yondu
  • Cloud99999Cloud99999 Posts: 43
    I just beat him the other day. Anyways, i used a 4/40 rogue because that's all i had left instead of doc ock. I surprisingly beat him just with that. I duplicated the regeneration at the end and kept using sp 2. He baits really easily. I tried quake before and also did surprising amount of damage.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    If your still having trouble I used YJ to get passed him
    I don't have Rouge but I do have YJ. Could be worth a shot.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    I didn't have any of the champs, trick is to hit even while he is blocking, you need to constantly hit him, bait l1 and repeat, I f you can match his heal then he will go down easily
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    I think I used an awakened BW the first time, 2nd time was an awakened SL, obviously the easiest one but there are many heal block chars now to choose from that could potentially help you.

Good Luck
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I used BW with a crit team. That was pre-nerf but I imagine she would still work with a very high signature.
  • DesT_ToxiCDesT_ToxiC Posts: 9
    If you’ve got Red Hulk, my friend used RHulk, built to 6 heat charges, and then outdamaged his regeneration with the energy damage.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    CB is beyond beastly for safeguard. Ability accuracy let’s you pound on people most of the time
    edited January 2018
    Thanks guys I beat him now!.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    How did you do it? I was very close but just couldnt seal the deal. As a tip for anyone in the future, Nebula is the absolute QUEEN of destroying safeguard, though she didn't help much on deadpool being shock immune