**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is 5* Yellow Jacket worth ranking up?

i got a 5 star yellow jacket and i think he is rubbish. I used him 3 times and only 2 of the 3 times i used him did he cause damage to an opponent with his 'sting' ability.

Comments

• only ONE of the 3 times*
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    YJ "stings" are very highly effective if he actually connects..any specials your opponent uses while under the "sting" will automatically take energy away from them..imo he is one of the best science champs
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    What i actually hate about Yellowjacket is when the AI doesn't like to use specials when i have a biosting applied to them. maybe that's just in arena. i have him as 5/50 4* and his biosting damage is awesome. let's not forget to add the high health he has. i've also heard he has potential for LOL.
  • TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    I have him at r3 and he’s a solid champ. His precision buffs give him solid damage and his power stings are effective if you can bait specials well.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    this guy needa GOD tier champion! what are u doing kabam,
    commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn he doesnt need rubbish characters!
  • Right.. thank you guys for your comments... I shall think about ranking him, the only thing that puts me off about his is when he does stack sting in the AI opponents and then those opponents don’t even activate their special in order for the sting to do the actual damage... which is why I find him unhelpful
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    If he's duped or awakened he becomes much better and his stings will stun the enemy if they don't use their specials and do more damage.

He also hits pretty hard and gets a good critical,he's worth it even more so if he's duped but definitely not worth an awakening gem.
  • We are moving this to the Strategy and Tips section. Thank you!
  • 1Durr1Durr Posts: 36
    We have a guy in our alliance with a duped r4 5* and he does so well on the unblockable special 1 mini boss node in war it's pretty awesome. We're in tier 3-4 AW and he consistently gets kills on that node. The dupe is almost needed to make him as good as possible because if you're landing the power sting they're getting punished one way or the other. You either get a stun and a nice window to apply another sting or they eat the sting damage which seems very high in general. He needs a bit of an update he's kind of 1 dimensional but I would rank him to atleast r3 unduped, r4 if duped.
  • Honestly this is all really very helpful guys, deffinately has changed my opinions on ranking him up now!
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    Definitely rank him up. He’s a solid champ and 1Durr really summed up his potential quite nicely. Trust me, there’s a lot of worse options that could be thrown your way.
  • Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    I duped him today😊
  • Nice! :)
  • Mentalboy1Mentalboy1 Posts: 171
    I have a 5* one too r1 still not sure on him lol
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    I really wouldnt r4 him, hes okay to go to r3 and powersting is nice but no t2a
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    No yellowjacket is trash
  • Psy26Psy26 Posts: 159
    Just... Why?