**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

& another 1!

2»

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I for one would consider the game team focusing thier limited time on the >1% a bigger error.

If we were talking about expending significant company wide effort on making special content only the top 0.1% of players could run, I would agree. But we are talking about a data change that an intern could be assigned to do as part of teaching them how the spreadsheets work.
    Sounds like you have first hand knowledege of operations? Are you privy to thier goings on? It's clearly on thier mind (august 2017) and if it were so easy it could've been done already. But its not, i guess it isnt that simple then is it?

Non sequitur much? It hasn't happened yet therefore it must not be simple? You're trolling, right?

did i get his point wrong? Was the core of his argument not “its simple and easy an intern could do it.” If it was that simple and easy it wouldve been done therefore it is not so simple and easy.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Oh the 1% again! Poor you being plagued with such a woeful problem. I shall play tiny violin.

BTW it wasnt about me not having the roster it was about so few people having that roster it is irrelvant to the game in general and by the time somone at my level has that roster things will have changed. I

People have the ability to buy that roster and that power needs to be slowed at some point. Hence nothing for maxing a 5 and limited rank up materials, waves to the t1a crowd.

P.s. you got 6* shards this time at least. ;)

Just because not many people have that issue doesn’t make it not an issue. Your sarcasm and rudeness just makes you seem immature.
    When it takes the game teams time away from 99.99% of other players it is an issue to devote time to the 1%.

When he envokes people like me in his OP as an arguement for his position it makes my position relevant.

When the OP creates a thread specifically to moan about his luck and promises to update us everytime he has bad luck, you betcha im going to object colorfully. my posts don't come in vanilla, sorry if you like it bland. GL trying to no platform somone on a public forum i guess you did come with all you had in your arsenal the ad hom.

Wait so is it 1% or 0.01%? Personally I’d like a max sig 5* crystal. With the rate im getting 5* it won’t be too long before I max some out. I’m a high level player but nowhere near in the 1%.

The moaning about his luck had a point, he was annoyed that there was no 5* max sig and so is making a case for it.

It is me being too lazy to type out .001% since they both portray they same sentiment. But the reality is closer to .001%.

Yeah i’d say it had a point the first time posted about it, but it was just a moan after he then created a thread about it then necroed the thread to bring it back up desipite changes being made and the game team speaking about this issue in the 6 stars are coming thread.

And the reason you can say with certainty that 0.01% of players have this issue is...?

Ahh I see. You’re trolling. Because you’ve admitted he had an issue before. But now, when the only change is that 6* shards are added and the fact that the game team have basically said, “we know that there’s an issue but hey... 6*!” You don’t think he has an issue. There’s been almost no change!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I for one would consider the game team focusing thier limited time on the >1% a bigger error.

If we were talking about expending significant company wide effort on making special content only the top 0.1% of players could run, I would agree. But we are talking about a data change that an intern could be assigned to do as part of teaching them how the spreadsheets work.
    Sounds like you have first hand knowledege of operations? Are you privy to thier goings on? It's clearly on thier mind (august 2017) and if it were so easy it could've been done already. But its not, i guess it isnt that simple then is it?

Non sequitur much? It hasn't happened yet therefore it must not be simple? You're trolling, right?

did i get his point wrong? Was the core of his argument not “its simple and easy an intern could do it.” If it was that simple and easy it wouldve been done therefore it is not so simple and easy.

You seem to have ignored your own previous point. The quote you posted said that they might add a max sig crystal at some point, not that they would. The fact that it hasn't been done is not evidence that it wouldn't be simple to do.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

So if something hasn’t been done in the game it means it isn’t simple and easy? So adding Jessica Jones is too difficult for the game team? Bases are just too tough for them?

Perhaps they have some other reason why it hasn’t been done. You truly do spout rubbish sometimes.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Oh the 1% again! Poor you being plagued with such a woeful problem. I shall play tiny violin.

BTW it wasnt about me not having the roster it was about so few people having that roster it is irrelvant to the game in general and by the time somone at my level has that roster things will have changed. I

People have the ability to buy that roster and that power needs to be slowed at some point. Hence nothing for maxing a 5 and limited rank up materials, waves to the t1a crowd.

P.s. you got 6* shards this time at least. ;)

Just because not many people have that issue doesn’t make it not an issue. Your sarcasm and rudeness just makes you seem immature.
    When it takes the game teams time away from 99.99% of other players it is an issue to devote time to the 1%.

When he envokes people like me in his OP as an arguement for his position it makes my position relevant.

When the OP creates a thread specifically to moan about his luck and promises to update us everytime he has bad luck, you betcha im going to object colorfully. my posts don't come in vanilla, sorry if you like it bland. GL trying to no platform somone on a public forum i guess you did come with all you had in your arsenal the ad hom.

You clearly have some anger/hatred issues that you are trying to take out in this forum and that's not healthy. But maybe in August 2017 when this was first posted, only the top 1% were affected. Now it's probably the top 10% (of active players) that are getting to situations where they can dupe a sig 200 5* champion so this is definitely becoming a bigger and bigger issue. I just hope it is addressed when they introduce 6* champions to have max 5* sig crystals the same way as 4* and 3*.
  • CoatHang3r wrote: »

First, where are you pulling these statistics from because I need some receipts? As far as I am aware, there is no place to find out how many members of the community have a max sig 5*. That’s just not readily-available unless you have some position within Kabam. So, unless you do, these numbers (.01% and 1%) are figmented and serve no purpose in any valid argument.

I am all for arguing a point, but you are just simply antagnozing others in lieu of an actual valid point (that you don’t have). This has been an issue that’s slowly been creeping up and is starting to have a wider spread impact on the community. Simply because you’ve decided that you will never get to this point, don’t insinuate for others.

Secondly, the forums are here to bring the community together. It also serves as a platform for the community to speak about potential issues that Kabam might not have initially considered. The more people speak about a problem such as this, the more traction it gets and could push for things to change. If this issue doesn’t have any impact on you, I just simply don’t understand your particular issue with whether it changes or not.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Designing a max signature crystal takes however much time they want to spend on thinking about it. Adding shards to max signature duplicate probably takes some entries in a spreadsheet. I don't have first hand knowledge of Kabam's operations, but I have general knowledge of how MMO dev teams do this in general, I have awareness of all those MMO design jobs that get advertised that all ask for the same set of skills, Excel among them, that is common in the industry, and I have the spreadsheets I used when I did this sort of work on contract for a game dev team when designing a system far more complicated than adding some shards to a reward table (I did not design the reward tables themselves, instead I designed the content whose difficulty would match the pre-existing reward tables).

So I believe it would be fair to characterize my statement as an educated guess.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I’ll take DNA’s assessment over @CoatHang3r's declaration that it hasn't happened so it must not be easy. No offense... OK well maybe some offense lol.