**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wrong Featured Crystal?

Comments

• Yeh, i been waiting for Void. And now i spend 15k shards on wrong cristal. Omg!!!!
  • Lonny221 wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

The correct crystal is now up. You can safely spin for Void at this time. Make sure you restart your game first to be able to see the correct Crystal. It should be called "Sentry Crystal"

Now, we have not yet decided what actions we are going to take, but since the problem has been resolved, we can start those conversations.

i would like my 15k shards back please, you can have my king groot back. also any word if the featured GMC's were affected?

Featured GMCs were not affected. Those were the correct ones.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Lonny221 wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

The correct crystal is now up. You can safely spin for Void at this time. Make sure you restart your game first to be able to see the correct Crystal. It should be called "Sentry Crystal"

Now, we have not yet decided what actions we are going to take, but since the problem has been resolved, we can start those conversations.

i would like my 15k shards back please, you can have my king groot back. also any word if the featured GMC's were affected?

Featured GMCs were not affected. Those were the correct ones.

Any update here Miike?

• Hey guys, we're looking into this right now. Will have it fixed ASAP.

I have bought this cristal since it was available thinking it was void cristal. Was Void in the Sentry cristal or because of the bug I bought wrong one?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    MattMan wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I don't understand.

You should have stopped right there. We are upset because the crystal we spun didn’t have the champion in it that it was supposed to have (as we were lead to believe).
    The crystal descirbed Sentry as the prize and had Sentry’s picture as the graphic. It had the champion it was supposed to have. Sentry’s crystal was put out in place of Void’s crystal in error. You were not lead to belive anything, it functioned as described The correct champion was in the crystal, the wrong crystal was on offer and that’s a big difference from how you are portraying things.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I don't understand.

You should have stopped right there. We are upset because the crystal we spun didn’t have the champion in it that it was supposed to have (as we were lead to believe).
    The crystal descirbed Sentry as the prize and had Sentry’s picture as the graphic. It had the champion it was supposed to have. Sentry’s crystal was put out in place of Void’s crystal in error. You were not lead to belive anything, it functioned as described The correct champion was in the crystal, the wrong crystal was on offer and that’s a big difference from how you are portraying things.
    It was also called the “Void Crystal”, and released at the time the actual Void crystal was supposed to be released... don’t act like it was 100% the users fault.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    I don't understand.

6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

I don't understand.

It was also called the “Void Crystal”, and released at the time the actual Void crystal was supposed to be released... don’t act like it was 100% the users fault.
    I did not say it was 100% the users fault but there is a strong argument for it being so. Since the description of the crystal was Sentry lies within, i’m guessing that was what you intuited that in my post and came to the logical conclusion fault does lay on the purchaser.

If the user cannot read I guess thats the local governments fault right? Can't have people being responsible for the shortsighted decisions they make.
  • LilJohLilJoh Posts: 52
    Can we please get an update on what will be done amend the mistake of adding the wrong feature crystal today? Many of us summoners were extremely excited to acquire a 5* void so we attempted for him as soon as the crystal was available. This means those that were that excited to go for a feature immediately without any deep review were punished by pulling the previous feature which has been confirmed by the community to have extremely low utility and power in all scenarios. This is extremely unfair and I think you guys should take responsibility for this mistake and create a means to amend it. I think making an item that permanently converts sentry into void for 5* versions would be a reasonable option as everyone in the contest would probably rather have a void than a sentry and those that pulled sentry this morning rather than the champ that SHOULD have been featured - void - would have the option to convert their current unwanted feature champ into the one that they wanted. The message in game clearly stated that you could add void to your team by acquiring this new crystal and he was nowhere to be found on the spinning wheel.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I don't understand.

I did not say it was 100% the users fault but there is a strong argument for it being so. Since the description of the crystal was Sentry lies within, i’m guessing that was what you intuited that in my post and came to the logical conclusion fault does lay on the purchaser.

If the user cannot read I guess thats the local governments fault right? Can't have people being responsible for the shortsighted decisions they make.

Look man, I can’t tell if you are being serious or you are trying to start stuff just because you weren’t personally affected. A lot of people, myself included, are pissed about using shards for a crappy champ that they had been saving for blade but decided void was worth it.

The in game email said that the crystal available would have void as the featured. Even if your position above is correct, why can’t it be perhaps kabam screwed up in its description of the available crystal since they told everyone void would be the featured champion of the 5* crystal. Particularly when void was also similutaneousky being offered in the featured gmc.

I don’t know if someone at kabam named the crystals wrong last week and then got confused or what. But one thing this might tell kabam is to be more concerned with putting out the correct crystals than being cute with the names of the crystals.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Was really hoping for a response to this issue by days end
    If we can’t have a discussion about this on both ends can we at least know when we can expect to have an answer so we can play plan and progress accordingly. Please.
  • I feel really bad for anyone who mistook the crystals
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Kestrelle wrote: »
    The obvious answer is to give people voids if they pulled a sentry, and taking away those sentries. What's there to talk about?

But someone has pulled a Void even though it says Sentry crystal.

The mistake is the wording, not the wrong crystal
    Kestrelle wrote: »
    The obvious answer is to give people voids if they pulled a sentry, and taking away those sentries. What's there to talk about?

But someone has pulled a Void even though it says Sentry crystal.

The mistake is the wording, not the wrong crystal

You clearly don’t understand the issue. The crystal now has void. The crystal that was first put out didn’t.
    @DarkestDestroyer that void was not pulled from a void crystal. It was pulled from a sentry Crystal shortly after the void Crystal was mistakenly taken down. Void was not available in the void crystal. @Kabam Miike confirmed that they made a mistake but there has been no discussion of possible remediation thus far from any of the development team as they have seemingly been actively sorting the AQ/arena distribution which affected a much wider range of players. However it would be really nice to get some direction on how this might get sorted before the day is out.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    I don't understand.

No reasonable person would blame the players for believing the Void crystal contained the Void in it. In fact, playing games with the crystal names like that is almost certainly the source of the original error that someone at Kabam made in pushing the wrong crystal live in the first place. Kabam has a higher degree of responsibility in getting this right than the players have in detecting a disguised error by Kabam. Everyone was expecting Void, the schedule and spotlight would suggest Void, the crystal was called Void, if Kabam expected people to notice the fine print in the crystal and take responsibility for getting any other champion except Void as the featured pull that would be unethical in the extreme.

Except it seems Kabam isn't taking this position, so it is mostly irrelevant if anyone else is. Kabam seems to be acknowledging the error and discussing what steps to take to remedy it. Without knowing the details for what that response will be, Kabam seems to be taking the correct initial steps to address the obvious error.
    Run477 wrote: »
    I don't understand.

Look man, I can’t tell if you are being serious or you are trying to start stuff just because you weren’t personally affected. A lot of people, myself included, are pissed about using shards for a crappy champ that they had been saving for blade but decided void was worth it.

The in game email said that the crystal available would have void as the featured. Even if your position above is correct, why can’t it be perhaps kabam screwed up in its description of the available crystal since they told everyone void would be the featured champion of the 5* crystal. Particularly when void was also similutaneousky being offered in the featured gmc.

I don’t know if someone at kabam named the crystals wrong last week and then got confused or what. But one thing this might tell kabam is to be more concerned with putting out the correct crystals than being cute with the names of the crystals.
    thanks for bringing up the ingame mail, I think you should read it again, it clearly states Void is contained with in the Sentry crystal. Which crystal was purchased by those with a problem? The Void crystal which contains Sentry. Confusing sure but not so confusing that simply reading would have kept people from making the mistake of expecting Void in the Sentry crystal.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I don't understand.

No reasonable person would blame the players for believing the Void crystal contained the Void in it. In fact, playing games with the crystal names like that is almost certainly the source of the original error that someone at Kabam made in pushing the wrong crystal live in the first place. Kabam has a higher degree of responsibility in getting this right than the players have in detecting a disguised error by Kabam. Everyone was expecting Void, the schedule and spotlight would suggest Void, the crystal was called Void, if Kabam expected people to notice the fine print in the crystal and take responsibility for getting any other champion except Void as the featured pull that would be unethical in the extreme.

Except it seems Kabam isn't taking this position, so it is mostly irrelevant if anyone else is. Kabam seems to be acknowledging the error and discussing what steps to take to remedy it. Without knowing the details for what that response will be, Kabam seems to be taking the correct initial steps to address the obvious error.
    100% resonable to expect people to read before purchasing something, ignorance and neglect is not a defense. 100% unreasonable to see the Void crystal last week that contains sentry and then see the same crystal this week with a picture of sentry in it and think it contains void and then reference the ingame mail which say ls Void is inside the sentry crystal.

Fine print hilarious! There was no fine print, it was the only print and there was even a picture of sentry for those who could not read.

Honestly idgaf what kabam does, I was in this convo because people were distorting the facts to skirt thier own fault in the matter.
    I don't understand.

thanks for bringing up the ingame mail, I think you should read it again, it clearly states Void is contained with in the Sentry crystal. Which crystal was purchased by those with a problem? The Void crystal which contains Sentry. Confusing sure but not so confusing that simply reading would have kept people from making the mistake of expecting Void in the Sentry crystal.
    I don't understand.

100% resonable to expect people to read before purchasing something, ignorance and neglect is not a defense. 100% unreasonable to see the Void crystal last week that contains sentry and then see the same crystal this week with a picture of sentry in it and think it contains void and then reference the ingame mail which say ls Void is inside the sentry crystal.

Fine print hilarious! There was no fine print, it was the only print and there was even a picture of sentry for those who could not read.

Honestly idgaf what kabam does, I was in this convo because people were distorting the facts to skirt thier own fault in the matter.

I will repeat exactly my question earlier: why would you expect the player who is hoppin in for a few minutes to get a crystal after reading that you could get void in the crystal to then think kabam would screw up and put the wrong crystal in the game. There are so many things I want to say about you and your attitude, but I also don’t want to get banned. So I will just say that I hope you have a happy life and leave it at that.
  • Hey Everybody,

I also would like my 15k shards back. I believe it´s not fair thinking to be oppening a cristal and it´s not the one. I placed the medusa cristal for the void one and void was available only 30 minutes later than the correct time. I openned a void cristal without void. It´s not fair!
    I will also add that this crystal was on the heals of kabam’s announced change to featured crystals. I didn’t think there were going to be anymore of these crystals besides blade, so it was a pleasant surprise to get a shot at void. So that whole announcement just added to the confusion.
    I don't understand.

I don't understand.

I will repeat exactly my question earlier: why would you expect the player who is hoppin in for a few minutes to get a crystal after reading that you could get void in the crystal to then think kabam would screw up and put the wrong crystal in the game. There are so many things I want to say about you and your attitude, but I also don’t want to get banned. So I will just say that I hope you have a happy life and leave it at that.
    I dunno maybe due diligence. If the read they would have known that “The Sentry” crystal contains Void, they would then have reason to pause before buying “The Void” crystal which contains Sentry. When you are less emotional you might understand and thanks for your well wishes!
    I don't understand.

I don't understand.

I dunno maybe due diligence. If the read they would have known that “The Sentry” crystal contains Void, they would then have reason to pause before buying “The Void” crystal which contains Sentry. When you are less emotional you might understand and thanks for your well wishes!

I hope you get what you deserve in your next 10 5* crystals: spider Gwen’s, groots and she hulks
    And I’ve that the due digence here is the players who relies on kabam telling them that void is available in the featured crystal to then assume that Kabam screwed up rather than kabam using due diligence to make sure it lists the right crystal in the game in the first place.
  • Darklord2099Darklord2099 Posts: 13
    Exactly the point I would have thought the Vold crystal is misleading after read through the in game message few times. The fact is void is shadow of sentry and the crystal is built half void and half sentry. For that reason I went for it. Now it takes away my real chances to land Void.
    I don't understand.

I don't understand.

I hope you get what you deserve in your next 10 5* crystals: spider Gwen’s, groots and she hulks
    And I hope you mistakenly open a featured crystal thinking it’s something else because you acted without thought then pull Groot and spend your evening arguing with someone elses opinions until you have a public meltdown we can all giggle over. Oh wait, that’s happened and is happening right now! I win!

P.S. I’ll take all 3 of those champs as they’ll improve my arena roster.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I don't understand.

I don't understand.

I can’t tell which is more misguided. Your opinion or your spelling and grammar.

That was the last thing said by an administrator. Since that statement people have just been arguing with one another over a fault that an administrator openly admitted to. In this situation we’re consimumers and so we get the benefit of the doubt. Regardless there is really no point in being mean to one another and arguing it would just really be nice to hear from an administrator in regards to what they might be working towards or at least a time frame we can expect some sort of information in regards to this matter so we can go about our crystal openings and rank ups especially before AQ starts.
    I don't understand.

I don't understand.

I can’t tell which is more misguided. Your opinion or your spelling and grammar.
    I’m fat fingering on a phone so correcting obvious nistakes is about the extent im willing to put into it. Can I PM you my replies so you can proof read them and make necessary corrections before I post? My opinion yeah that wont chamge butbwith yiur help we can work on the spelling and grammar if its an issue for tou. Decipher that!
    I don't understand.

I don't understand.

And I hope you mistakenly open a featured crystal thinking it’s something else because you acted without thought then pull Groot and spend your evening arguing with someone elses opinions until you have a public meltdown we can all giggle over. Oh wait, that’s happened and is happening right now! I win!

P.S. I’ll take all 3 of those champs as they’ll improve my arena roster.

I assume you just mean your roster generally
This discussion has been closed.