**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wrong Featured Crystal?

Comments

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    I really hope they do something. For the life, I got a 5* sentry and I don't even want him. I thought it was a void crystal the first 10 minutes. So confusing even though it said Void...
    Hey everybody,

I really wanted to get you an update on this today, but we are still hammering out the details here. We're going to keep working on this, but won't be able to update you all on the status of this until tomorrow.

Sorry about making you all wait.

Thanks Miike. appreciate if you could help out on those who really wanted to get void! It was quite confusing...

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »
    MattMan wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I don't understand.

You should have stopped right there. We are upset because the crystal we spun didn’t have the champion in it that it was supposed to have (as we were lead to believe).
    The crystal descirbed Sentry as the prize and had Sentry’s picture as the graphic. It had the champion it was supposed to have. Sentry’s crystal was put out in place of Void’s crystal in error. You were not lead to belive anything, it functioned as described The correct champion was in the crystal, the wrong crystal was on offer and that’s a big difference from how you are portraying things.
    It was also called the “Void Crystal”, and released at the time the actual Void crystal was supposed to be released... don’t act like it was 100% the users fault.
    I did not say it was 100% the users fault but there is a strong argument for it being so. Since the description of the crystal was Sentry lies within, i’m guessing that was what you intuited that in my post and came to the logical conclusion fault does lay on the purchaser.

If the user cannot read I guess thats the local governments fault right? Can't have people being responsible for the shortsighted decisions they make.

Look man, I can’t tell if you are being serious or you are trying to start stuff just because you weren’t personally affected. A lot of people, myself included, are pissed about using shards for a crappy champ that they had been saving for blade but decided void was worth it.

The in game email said that the crystal available would have void as the featured. Even if your position above is correct, why can’t it be perhaps kabam screwed up in its description of the available crystal since they told everyone void would be the featured champion of the 5* crystal. Particularly when void was also similutaneousky being offered in the featured gmc.

I don’t know if someone at kabam named the crystals wrong last week and then got confused or what. But one thing this might tell kabam is to be more concerned with putting out the correct crystals than being cute with the names of the crystals.
    thanks for bringing up the ingame mail, I think you should read it again, it clearly states Void is contained with in the Sentry crystal. Which crystal was purchased by those with a problem? The Void crystal which contains Sentry. Confusing sure but not so confusing that simply reading would have kept people from making the mistake of expecting Void in the Sentry crystal.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MattMan wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I don't understand.

You should have stopped right there. We are upset because the crystal we spun didn’t have the champion in it that it was supposed to have (as we were lead to believe).
    The crystal descirbed Sentry as the prize and had Sentry’s picture as the graphic. It had the champion it was supposed to have. Sentry’s crystal was put out in place of Void’s crystal in error. You were not lead to belive anything, it functioned as described The correct champion was in the crystal, the wrong crystal was on offer and that’s a big difference from how you are portraying things.
    It was also called the “Void Crystal”, and released at the time the actual Void crystal was supposed to be released... don’t act like it was 100% the users fault.
    I did not say it was 100% the users fault but there is a strong argument for it being so. Since the description of the crystal was Sentry lies within, i’m guessing that was what you intuited that in my post and came to the logical conclusion fault does lay on the purchaser.

If the user cannot read I guess thats the local governments fault right? Can't have people being responsible for the shortsighted decisions they make.

No reasonable person would blame the players for believing the Void crystal contained the Void in it. In fact, playing games with the crystal names like that is almost certainly the source of the original error that someone at Kabam made in pushing the wrong crystal live in the first place. Kabam has a higher degree of responsibility in getting this right than the players have in detecting a disguised error by Kabam. Everyone was expecting Void, the schedule and spotlight would suggest Void, the crystal was called Void, if Kabam expected people to notice the fine print in the crystal and take responsibility for getting any other champion except Void as the featured pull that would be unethical in the extreme.

Except it seems Kabam isn't taking this position, so it is mostly irrelevant if anyone else is. Kabam seems to be acknowledging the error and discussing what steps to take to remedy it. Without knowing the details for what that response will be, Kabam seems to be taking the correct initial steps to address the obvious error.
    100% resonable to expect people to read before purchasing something, ignorance and neglect is not a defense. 100% unreasonable to see the Void crystal last week that contains sentry and then see the same crystal this week with a picture of sentry in it and think it contains void and then reference the ingame mail which say ls Void is inside the sentry crystal.

Fine print hilarious! There was no fine print, it was the only print and there was even a picture of sentry for those who could not read.

Honestly idgaf what kabam does, I was in this convo because people were distorting the facts to skirt thier own fault in the matter.

I can’t tell which is more misguided. Your opinion or your spelling and grammar.
    I’m fat fingering on a phone so correcting obvious nistakes is about the extent im willing to put into it. Can I PM you my replies so you can proof read them and make necessary corrections before I post? My opinion yeah that wont chamge butbwith yiur help we can work on the spelling and grammar if its an issue for tou. Decipher that!

Sounds good! PM me whenever :)
  • SuperiorSveeSuperiorSvee Posts: 51
    Mike, thanks for letting us know you and the team are looking in to it and that we won’t hear till later. Reassuring that perhaps there’s hope for those of us that pulled Sentry during that confusing window. Have a good night.

• LilJohLilJoh Posts: 52
    Thanks very much @Kabam Miike
    Reassuring to know this is still on the table and the radar. Much appreciate being heard/understood
  • Darklord2099Darklord2099 Posts: 13
    Indeed much appreciated
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Logical solution seems those that pulled sentry, swap him for void, as odds were the same and sentry shouldn't have been in there, the people who didn't get sentry wouldn't have got void anyway. or was sentry also in there on the featured roster? Then it isn't quite so simple, but still probably the best solution; I don't think anyone wants sentry for 15k shards
  • juST4fUNjuST4fUN Posts: 172
    edited January 2018
    2xxp127e7epv.png
    Cayko wrote: »
    Nf5t1v1xmzons.jpeg

97d.gif
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    Don't know why you guys keep responding to someone who is obviously an antagonist. His view and posts wouldn't matter or influence Kabam's final decision. They know they are in the wrong so just ignore and continue the conversation with the Kabam representatives.
  • Hello again,
    Some update from Kabam will be much appreciated please...ready for my void..
    I agree for those who got Sentry from the featured should get void automatically. Those who didn’t, it souls have been the same anyways and they should get whoever they got.
  • They will prob just give out some 5 star shards honestly. Not bad for me but for those who pulled Sentry, it should just be replaced by a Void
    It’s actually easier for them to checked who got Sentry in the first 10 minutes of that crystal opening and give them Void.
    GeorgeM wrote: »
    Hello again,

They updated you just today mate?

Plus you would only get a void if you pulled a sentry, that is fair. If you pulled a IP for example, that is what you are left with, that is also fair

For once I agree with hubris hater. Lol

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I got 4* void last night but I think it was the sentry crystal as it had gold and red colours on it

Ive just checked out the new crystal and it's pure red
  • Mikif10Mikif10 Posts: 13
    @miike
    Any update on the wrong void crystal compensation?
    I hope you guys will solve this matter in a fair way to the people the purchased the wrong crystal and wasted their 5* shards
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Mikif10 wrote: »
    @miike
    Any update on the wrong void crystal compensation?
    I hope you guys will solve this matter in a fair way to the people the purchased the wrong crystal and wasted their 5* shards

It’s only 7:30 am kabam time. Got to at least give them time to get into office and discuss issue again.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    GeorgeM wrote: »
    Hello again,

They updated you just today mate?

Plus you would only get a void if you pulled a sentry, that is fair. If you pulled a IP for example, that is what you are left with, that is also fair

For once I agree with hubris hater. Lol

And I gave you a like for it mate!

Woah hubris did you do something wrong? Why you in jail for
  • LilJohLilJoh Posts: 52
    Can we expect this to be resolved today? The outcome of this situation will greatly effect how I choose to proceed with crystal opening.
  • Darklord2099Darklord2099 Posts: 13
    Same here hopefully this can be solved today so we can move on
  • GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    But legacy got him
    Okay, it’s now after 9 am kabam time. Any insights on what the result might be to this?
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    One thing I can say, if you opened a sentry, don't rank, awaken, or even level him. Usually a reversal requires the item to be unaltered
  • I also pulled 5* Sentry... V_V
    lqvpts1wtqx6.png
  • NinjAlan wrote: »
    One thing I can say, if you opened a sentry, don't rank, awaken, or even level him. Usually a reversal requires the item to be unaltered

Problem with that is some including myself went for and got sentry when he came out 2 weeks ago. Was already ranked when he got pulled again
    Firehawk82 wrote: »
    NinjAlan wrote: »

Problem with that is some including myself went for and got sentry when he came out 2 weeks ago. Was already ranked when he got pulled again

Just to be clear, you got sentry two weeks ago, then during the wrong crystal time yesterday, you opened a 15k crystal and duped sentry?
This discussion has been closed.