**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wrong Featured Crystal?

Comments

• LilJohLilJoh Posts: 52
    @Kabam Miike any news for us today regarding this old fashioned Mix up?
  • Run477 wrote: »
    Firehawk82 wrote: »
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    One thing I can say, if you opened a sentry, don't rank, awaken, or even level him. Usually a reversal requires the item to be unaltered

Problem with that is some including myself went for and got sentry when he came out 2 weeks ago. Was already ranked when he got pulled again

Just to be clear, you got sentry two weeks ago, then during the wrong crystal time yesterday, you opened a 15k crystal and duped sentry?

Yes. Got him 2 weeks ago. Then opened 6 crystals right as they came out to get void. Got sentry twice. Wanted that synergy that they have with each other
  • TsiTsi Posts: 1
    Some of you guys are saying those who got sentry should get void and anyone else who didn’t get sentry gets what they got. It’s mind boggling how you could think like that.

How do you think the same results would have happened? It’s all rng not based on the time we spin a crystal. There are different variables. It’s two different crystals. The outcomes would have been different. I spun the “void” crystal and got Phoenix. How can you be sure that if it was the correct crystal I would have pulled the same champion and not void? I will answer that for you. You can’t be sure.
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Tsi wrote: »
    Some of you guys are saying those who got sentry should get void and anyone else who didn’t get sentry gets what they got. It’s mind boggling how you could think like that.

How do you think the same results would have happened? It’s all rng not based on the time we spin a crystal. There are different variables. It’s two different crystals. The outcomes would have been different. I spun the “void” crystal and got Phoenix. How can you be sure that if it was the correct crystal I would have pulled the same champion and not void? I will answer that for you. You can’t be sure.

Yes, and by that same logic the people that opened sentry will have an astronomically lower chance of getting void if it's just a shard refund
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    One thing I can say, if you opened a sentry, don't rank, awaken, or even level him. Usually a reversal requires the item to be unaltered

Problem with that is some including myself went for and got sentry when he came out 2 weeks ago. Was already ranked when he got pulled again

Just to be clear, you got sentry two weeks ago, then during the wrong crystal time yesterday, you opened a 15k crystal and duped sentry?

Yes. Got him 2 weeks ago. Then opened 6 crystals right as they came out to get void. Got sentry twice. Wanted that synergy that they have with each other

Ouch. I opened 3 right as they came out and got 2 sentries.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Tsi wrote: »

Yes, and by that same logic the people that opened sentry will have an astronomically lower chance of getting void if it's just a shard refund

They will stil have the same exact chance as before as long as the drop rate hasn’t changed. With that being said, I think they should just be given a void and sentry removed. It is hard to please everyone, but I think that’s why they are taking this much time to come up with a solution that pleases the most people.
    Can we please get some information on this today?
  • Mikif10Mikif10 Posts: 13
    @miike
    Pls give us some info regarding the wrong void crystal
  • Archer006Archer006 Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    I hope this will be squashed before AQ tomorrow. Its been over 24 hours to come up with a plan. Easiest would be give out a Sentry Crystals for the ones that were involved in Kabam's blunder of releasing the wrong crystal. Still SMH that I am involved. At least then we would get a chance at Void. Thanks Archer006 LGN-1
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

That's a failure mode I didn't consider yesterday. If someone pulled Sentry out of the mistake, then there has to be a mechanism to award them the Void and eliminate the signature levels they gained from any duplications that might have occurred.
    The bigger issue here is that we aren't getting updated, so our frustrations and speculations are just festering
    They will probably give Voids to people who want them who PULLED Sentry in the 10 minutes or so the mistake was actually in the game. Others will get to keep what they pulled, as that is what they would have got anyway

Cant believe that in the less than 10 minutes this was up, that many people pulled the crystal? I think quite a few on here believe it is for all crystals pulled yesterday, it wont be. It will only be the few in the first 10 minutes at mst

Just dont want people getting their hopes up that they will get another spin of the crystal if they pulled a poor champ, because they probably wont

It was more than 10 minutes. It was closer to 30 minutes.
    I don’t know be exact time. I do know that I have screen shots of my ally chat that shows the crystals opened/who u got and shows my two void crystals giving me sentry.
    Thank you @Kabam Miike !
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    That is one heck of a solution. Nicely done kabam
    Can people actually, just this one time, thanks Kabam for what they have done to fx the problem?

UPDATE: and im flagged instantly for this, nothing changes

I said thank you immediately
    Thanks so very much. @Kabam Miike this means it’s safe to rank our sentry and other received 5* champs from that window yesterday or do we need to keep our champs unranked until voids are received
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Umm i have a 5* dupped Sentry, can I trade him for 5* dupped Void???? Sorry just disperate lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    LilJoh wrote: »
    Thanks so very much. @Kabam Miike this means it’s safe to rank our sentry and other received 5* champs from that window yesterday or do we need to keep our champs unranked until voids are received

Since Kabam decided to allow everyone to keep Sentry if pulled (which is simpler, and better for the players than the suggestion I proposed yesterday) I am assuming they will simply look at game logs to see who pulled how many Sentry champs from the erroneous crystal. So it is reasonable to assume that no one needs to do anything special, or avoid doing anything special, to receive the correct Void champs. I also think if anyone needed to do or avoid doing anything special, they would have mentioned it in the announcement.

@Kabam Miike will probably address this directly, but I see no reason to freeze activity of any kind in your account based on what the announcement says.
  • This is a heck of good solution, but not for everyone
    I've opened 4x crystals, but the wrong ones
    I already had my sentry awakened with an awakening gem after opening 7x crystals 2 weeks ago, so i didn't wanted him anyway
    I just wanted my 4 tries to pull a Void from his right crystals, and now i can't, for a mistake that was not coming from me
    The solution is good, but not for everyone, so i have to keep my groot, iron patriot and symbiote spiderman pulled without having a chance at void, for one of your mistakes
    Thanks Kabam
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    LilJoh wrote: »

Since Kabam decided to allow everyone to keep Sentry if pulled (which is simpler, and better for the players than the suggestion I proposed yesterday) I am assuming they will simply look at game logs to see who pulled how many Sentry champs from the erroneous crystal. So it is reasonable to assume that no one needs to do anything special, or avoid doing anything special, to receive the correct Void champs. I also think if anyone needed to do or avoid doing anything special, they would have mentioned it in the announcement.

@Kabam Miike will probably address this directly, but I see no reason to freeze activity of any kind in your account based on what the announcement says.

That is exactly correct. You don't need to send in a ticket, or worry about taking any actions in game. We're going to handle this on our end. You don't need to worry about ranking up your Sentry, unless you want to save those Catalysts for Void...
    edited January 2018
    Thank you @Kabam Miike for both the actions on behalf of the company, and for your update, a lot of us were sweating over here!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I wasn’t affected by this issue whatsoever, I did not open a sentry or void crystal. But what if someone had say 60k shards and they opened 2 of the wrong crystal and got sentry twice. Believing that this sentry was in the sub feature pool and not (as it was) the featured champ, they opened two more crystals and got random champions.

Had the correct crystal been put out, they would have got the featured champ, void, and then stopped after duping him, but because the got sentry they opened extra crystals and wasted shards.

I think I remember reading about someome in this or a similar situation.
This discussion has been closed.