**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Give sl a good utility other than LOL champ

I mean SL is great and i love him. But i wish kabam can give us the option to change between his element gun cycle just like winter soldiers. Have power drain, heal block, shock, and armor break whenever you need it

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    They gave you a rank down ticket! Ranked him down real quick
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Mmmm no?
  • CloserByTomorrowCloserByTomorrow Posts: 145
    edited January 2018
    Starlord got a champion update awhile back that said his element gun was supposed to be less random.

Like throwing heal block more against regen champs, power drain when champs are closer to full power I think too. I forget it was awhile ago. It was when it went from bleed to shock too

But lately it’s like 7/10 power drain. Can’t even use his sp2 in lab I just use sp1 it’s better
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    You want to buff one of the god tier champs so he’s more god tier?

Star lord is what he is—best damage dealer over longer fights in the game. However, he’s not anywhere near as useful as he used to be with all of the new champs. Be happy you have (what I assume) is a duped 5* Star lord. Most people would still love to have one (I know I would). There are so many other champs in the game that need big updates besides Star lord.
  • Still, a very good suggestion. I'd also like heal block, armor break, and believe it or not; power drain to be replaced with cold snap, incinerate, and power burn (over time maybe).
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    SL is fine as he is
  • The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    I guess it was only a matter of time before a thread like this was made. Only reason I can possibly think that someone would ask for SL to be buffed is because they have no clue what they are doing with him. You wouldn't use a hammer to cut lumber with right. Take the time to learn what SL's purpose is and you would realize he is one of the last champs that need to be buffed
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I think there is a common belief now that SL is only good for LOL. He actually hits pretty hard at 20+ hits and his SP2 is spectacular. He’s great for everything except particularly short fights - which don’t matter who you bring anyway.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I use sl in aw. I might mystic champs with him and he slices through them like butter
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    I agree @KyrieRed I posted about this a few months ago too much support. It’s somewhere in the suggestions area. Let’s hope we see this one day. The people ranking him down probably wouldn’t if he had this feature by either holding block or combo number. Great minds sir.....
  • WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    I mean SL is great and i love him. But i wish kabam can give us the option to change between his element gun cycle just like winter soldiers. Have power drain, heal block, shock, and armor break whenever you need it

"Have power drain whenever you need it"...... can I just throw my Magik, Vision, Dormammu and many other power drain champs in the bin then? If SL gonna have both damage and power control why do need anyone else. Or let me spam armor break "whenever I need it" aka consecutively to have multiple armor breaks and absolutely destroy the opponents. "Better is the enemy of good". You want him to be better but you are not thinking about the balance.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    The great thing about star lord is that he’s only going to get better and better as more content comes out. We’re going to see harder content introduced, with opponents having more and more health. This means more longer fights, perfect for SL.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Despite having a 5/65 Spidey, 4/55 Blade and another 4 R4s on top, I ranked up Starlord as my 7th R4+ this week. Why? Because he’s worth it, because he has the highest sustainable damage in the game, and because that will always be useful.

I think the people ranking him down at the moment will regret that choice when future content is released, you know there will be a LOL 2 tuned for 6 star champs - and only Starlord will end up being viable as a 5 star.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    SL is extremely useful in many situations not just LOL. Most new end game fights come with 100k+ heath. SL can ramp up his damage and do better than most in those fights that do not require utility.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    to the people saying "infinite" (insert ability here) that wont be the case they said rolling like winter soldier so if you have 4 options it would take 4 cycle backs to get to the same one over and over in the mean time your taking block damage wasting time in aq/aw or pushing down the enrage timer in LoL now if they said get to the one you want and the only way to change it was the dash back and hold that wouldnt be good but the way it was described would be fine just to know what your l2 is going to do when you use it
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    You should probably not shine a light on SL at all. He’s already in enough danger as it is.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    You should probably not shine a light on SL at all. He’s already in enough danger as it is.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Despite having a 5/65 Spidey, 4/55 Blade and another 4 R4s on top, I ranked up Starlord as my 7th R4+ this week. Why? Because he’s worth it, because he has the highest sustainable damage in the game, and because that will always be useful.

I think the people ranking him down at the moment will regret that choice when future content is released, you know there will be a LOL 2 tuned for 6 star champs - and only Starlord will end up being viable as a 5 star.

I ranked him down, no regrets. If a time should come where his value becomes worth it again, i can just rank him back up. Not like he's off my roster
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Wildpants wrote: »
    KyrieRed wrote: »

"Have power drain whenever you need it"...... can I just throw my Magik, Vision, Dormammu and many other power drain champs in the bin then? If SL gonna have both damage and power control why do need anyone else. Or let me spam armor break "whenever I need it" aka consecutively to have multiple armor breaks and absolutely destroy the opponents. "Better is the enemy of good". You want him to be better but you are not thinking about the balance.
    Stop being a magik fan boy captain obvious. After all we are talking about making SL utility less ramdom