**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Explain Bleed that does Direct Damage

Can someone please explain to me the difference between a bleed that causes direct damage and one that doesn't, or at least doesn't state it in it's description. An example of this would be...
4-star 3/30 Moon Knight:
"Critical Hits lacerate opponents with a 70% chance, inflicting 360.25 Bleed damage over 3 seconds.
4-star 3/30 Venom:
"All Attacks have a 7% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 312.3 Direct Damage over 5 seconds.

I'm aware that direct damage ignores armor or resistances but it seems to me that 312 bleed damage is 312 bleed damage regardless of the opponents armor, resistance, ect... Now I am also aware that sometimes a champs bleed damage will increase or decrease depending on class relationships so I wonder if that may have something to do with it too. If anyone knows the answer for certain can you please enlighten me.

Comments

• Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I think champs with direct bleed damage can habe the bleed bypass safeguard, while the other champs bleed won't. But this could also just be a mistake and Kabams part and all bleeds are direct damage
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    All bleed is direct damage, they just stopped describing it as direct damge in profiles at some point or do not describe it as direct damage in all profiles.

Bleed damage is determined by your attack power and subject to increases or decreases in potency based on changes to attack power.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    All bleeds are direct damage, the verbiage is just a bit unclear there.

However, not all bleed damage is a DoT. NC's deep wounds, and the bonus damage from the DW mastery, are examples of "bleed" damage that do direct damage, but are not DoT's.