**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Are 4* 5/50s worth it anymore?

Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
I have about 10 or 11 5/50
Champs and 1 good unduped 5* Champ, Elecktra at r3. My other 5* Champs are at r1 all unduped

I have ZERO 6* shards my last two 5* pulls were Groot and Falcon. It takes too much time and effort to get 5* shards they need to be as easily obtainable as 4* shards or reduce the cost. 4K for 5* Champs is reasonable

If you complete Act 5 with 4* heroes the rewards should be doubled same for the uncollected EQ. If people are spending resources to achieve the same outcome that people who have higher ranked Champs the rewards should be better.

No need to nerf just make the rewards better for players who use skill.

Comments

• KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    4* ranking is recommended only if you need to advance in content and do not have 5* that can help you. Other than that no they are the new 3*
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    To answer your original question I think it depends on the champ. If it’s a god tier champ like Hyperion or Sparky and you lack solid r3 options in your five star roster then I say go for it. I’ve completed Act 5 and am working on full exploration with mostly 5/50 4*. You can still clear end game content with them. I do have YJ and X23 as r3 5* but that’s pretty much it for me.

It takes more skill to clear Act 5 with 4* champs than it does with 4/55 and soon to be 6* Champs, the rewards shouldn’t be the same. My 5/50 SL can take down Winter Soldier in 149 hits no suicides with the Mutant crit team. How many hits with a 5* SL, I’m sure a lot less. The faster you can end fights the easier the game is. Rewards should reflect the difficulty of the play

My 5* r4 sl can do ws in rol in 130 hits. No suicides. Difference isn’t much
  • Blax4ever wrote: »
    Champs and 1 good unduped 5* Champ, Elecktra at r3. My other 5* Champs are at r1 all unduped

I have ZERO 6* shards my last two 5* pulls were Groot and Falcon. It takes too much time and effort to get 5* shards they need to be as easily obtainable as 4* shards or reduce the cost. 4K for 5* Champs is reasonable

If you complete Act 5 with 4* heroes the rewards should be doubled same for the uncollected EQ. If people are spending resources to achieve the same outcome that people who have higher ranked Champs the rewards should be better.

Lol man. 99% of the people still uses 4 stars. There are some champs in the game that you really need to get through the harder content and if you don't have them as 5 star the 4 stars are the only way. Magik, Archangel, Iceman, Star Lord, Wolverine, Ghost, Crossbones (not mentioning Blade or some other new champs because I don't have them) and others are all champs I always use and my only 5* r4 is Magik since I get only trash from the 5 stars. If you really have some skills as you're saying you can get through all the available content with a good 4 star rooster without problems (except LOL 100%). People actually used 3s Loki for the final boss in act 5.4.
    The only rewards that need an update is the ones from daily quests as Use Items, summoner advancement, completion and the other stuff.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Asskicker wrote: »

Lol man. 99% of the people still uses 4 stars. There are some champs in the game that you really need to get through the harder content and if you don't have them as 5 star the 4 stars are the only way. Magik, Archangel, Iceman, Star Lord, Wolverine, Ghost, Crossbones (not mentioning Blade or some other new champs because I don't have them) and others are all champs I always use and my only 5* r4 is Magik since I get only trash from the 5 stars. If you really have some skills as you're saying you can get through all the available content with a good 4 star rooster without problems (except LOL 100%). People actually used 3s Loki for the final boss in act 5.4.
    The only rewards that need an update is the ones from daily quests as Use Items, summoner advancement, completion and the other stuff.

Nope i suck at this game
    Jaded wrote: »
    4* ranking is recommended only if you need to advance in content and do not have 5* that can help you. Other than that no they are the new 3*

No they aren’t. Considering all content to date can be finished with 5/50 4* and LoL can be done just more revives. We actually aren’t at that point where maxed 4* are the new 3*. Maybe for some aw tiers but then it would be dependent on what 4* you are using for those higher tier attack teams

A person who clears LOL without using any 5* but spends more resources means the difficulty was higher do you not agree with that? So how does it makes sense that the rewards are the same?

My overall point has been that basically 4* champs are effectively being nerfed and it’s probably better to save resources for 5* and 6* Champs.

Being in a great Alliance and grinding arena doing all of the monthly EQs will get you 15k 5* shards a month. Half of which come from the uncollected EQ. You will also get 15k 4* shards. That’s 7 4* Champs to 1 5*. That’s burnout type effort for a shot at a game changing 5* which more often than not will be one of those 6 Champs in the current Boss Rush.

The current state of the game is not good from a balance stand point.

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »

No they aren’t. Considering all content to date can be finished with 5/50 4* and LoL can be done just more revives. We actually aren’t at that point where maxed 4* are the new 3*. Maybe for some aw tiers but then it would be dependent on what 4* you are using for those higher tier attack teams

A person who clears LOL without using any 5* but spends more resources means the difficulty was higher do you not agree with that? So how does it makes sense that the rewards are the same?

My overall point has been that basically 4* champs are effectively being nerfed and it’s probably better to save resources for 5* and 6* Champs.

Being in a great Alliance and grinding arena doing all of the monthly EQs will get you 15k 5* shards a month. Half of which come from the uncollected EQ. You will also get 15k 4* shards. That’s 7 4* Champs to 1 5*. That’s burnout type effort for a shot at a game changing 5* which more often than not will be one of those 6 Champs in the current Boss Rush.

The current state of the game is not good from a balance stand point.

As new and better ranks of champions (5* and then 6*) it means content gets harder. There’s no point in giving better rewards just because someome doesn’t have or hasn’t ranked their 5*
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I have stopped ranking 4*s except for special circumstances but I have a lot of ranked 4*s. Depending on where you are in the game it is definitely still worth it. For me, it isn't worth burning the basics and alphas.
    edited January 2018
    I agree, 5 stars need to be as obtainable as 4 stars now with 6 stars on the way. Fighting 6 stars in AW is gonna be hell with a 4 star roster.

And no, giving people double rewards for using lesser champs is just dumb.

You do realize that doubling the 5*
    Shards still wouldn’t make them as easily available as 4* shards right?

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    You don't deserve double rewards cus you have bad luck lol
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Also, 6* haven't even cone out. 5* shards are gradually becoming more available. Chill and do more content
  • Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 ★★
    A 4 star SW, SL, AA, Blade, Gwenpool... on and on and in... yes, 4 stars are still relevant
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    I completed act 5 100% with almost exclusively 4*s, that said, if you are still early in game progression, there may only be a handful of 4* worth it until you have expiring resources
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Hey yo! 4 stars are done. With the exception of a couple god teir, the rest are trash. For end game content anyway. Just pulled a 4 star Void. He’ll never see anything past R4 if that and that’s for event points. To put it simply, they can’t compete. Not without potions and revives anyway. A lot more than a strong 5 star roster. Wait til next season of AQ. Bring your 5/50 4 stars. You’ll see.
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    I completed act 5 100% with almost exclusively 4*s, that said, if you are still early in game progression, there may only be a handful of 4* worth it until you have expiring resources

Most people that have done what you did spent a few hundred units. People with strong 5* rosters didn’t have to spend any units and got the same rewards you did. Not because they were better at the game than you but because the RNG gods blessed them. You should have gotten more rewards a bonus or something at least that balances the RNG to a small degree.
    Nerfed2Def wrote: »
    Hey yo! 4 stars are done. With the exception of a couple god teir, the rest are trash. For end game content anyway. Just pulled a 4 star Void. He’ll never see anything past R4 if that and that’s for event points. To put it simply, they can’t compete. Not without potions and revives anyway. A lot more than a strong 5 star roster. Wait til next season of AQ. Bring your 5/50 4 stars. You’ll see.

Exactly, wait until they bring their 4/55 and it takes 250 hits to take down a AW boss or an Uncollected Boss.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    I hope 5/50's are worth it because I only have one.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Kabam was saying they'll increase the drop rate of 5* shards after 6*s come out, so hang in there! I still think 5/50s are worth it!
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    4s can get you thru Act 5 so yes but also depends on who you have at 5/50 already and how quickly 5s are coming in. I have 11 5/50s and stopped ranking 4s since I’m 100% done with Act 5 unless I’m using a rank up gem or I pull Blade.
    I have AA, GP, Voodoo, Hype, SL and a few other good champs at 5/50 and would rather put my resources in 5s since I’m getting about 2 a month. But if you aren’t close to finishing Act 5 and pull a good champ I’d say it’s still worth it to rank them up if they will contribute to AQ, War or Questing
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Some 4*s still have a lot of value.

Some even more than many 5*s, AA being an example.

They're being phased out but they're not worthless yet.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Depends where u r in the game. For me no but someone with half what I have yes
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @Blax4ever Soooo, basically you're impatient and want to complete the content now instead of acquiring the roster you need to do it. Completing content is a balance of roster, skill and resources, if you're lacking in any one area, you have to make up for it in another.

The rewards for Act 5 ARE reflective of the difficulty of content, which is independent of the player - not how difficult you found it to play.
    @RedRooster Kabam said it themselves certain parts of the game were designed for certain Champs and if you don’t have those Champs you will have a lot of difficulty completing it. That goes counter to your last paragraph.

So if easy mode is having God Tier Champs why shouldn’t the rewards be different if you complete the content without maxed out God Tier Champs.

The game is not supposed be equal but it should be balanced