**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Blade or Starlord???

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,379 ★★★★★
    Both are good options but if u rank 5 sl u could take blade aswell since blade only needs 1 attack synergy and can take most with them 2 with extended enrage and sl are good for 3.3mil that isn't a mystic being or a villian since them ones can be used with blade and sl can do 3.3mil that blade don't get the danger sense
  • Options
    JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Star lord
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Romario26 wrote: »
    Just let this video sink in before you rank a champ for the end game content you want to 100%

https://youtu.be/Kt4oxcmoc4c

I'm glad you posted this. That's the truth about Blade and it cuts through some of the ridiculous hype. Without danger sense, he does very average damage, and the sustainability doesn't matter for LOL if it takes so long to down the opponent. My 5/65 Spark cuts through Star Lord like a knife through butter, he does that in every Labyrinth fight.
  • Options
    I’ll say one thing before I leave this discussion, blade is an over all better champ that SL, prestige wise utility wise but not damage output wise.
    He can finish low health opponents faster but when it comes to longer fights he isn’t as good as SL, don’t get me wrong, he is a viable champ to use in labyrinth but just not as viable as SL or even stark spidey. Concerning labyrinth blade, stark spidey, hela and so on are champs you use when you don’t have a SL. That’s just facts. Let’s just take a look at the wiredout46, a YouTuber that had both SL and blade and decided to R5 SL to complete labyrinth cheaper than with a R5 blade. He of course rank down his SL with the rank down ticket to R5 his blade cause better utility, prestige and better champ for war and so on, but concerning labyrinth SL would make it cheaper than a R5 blade. And that’s it, blade isn’t the best champ for everything in this game. R5 SL took less that 400 hits to solo x23 and can also solo magik. It all comes down to what is more important at this time because another R5 will be right around the corner. If labyrinth, the end game content is what you want to rank your champs for you have to ask yourself, do I want to R5 blade to do it and one opponent will take like 30 minutes to take down and will still have to use revives anyways because the timer will run out or do SL that can solo them in less than 300 hits? Keep in mind that longer you have to fight the more time there is to mess up. And with a R5 SL you can also take your R4 blade for backup on fights like electro. I used my R4 SL on juggs and used 6 revives, one on Jane foster, one on Netflix DD.. I’ve done 4 path in LOL so far and haven’t spent a lot of units, to be precise I did path 1, 2, 3 and 5 and only used 820 units, but I did farm and took my time to do this, but it was with a R4 SL. Also R4 blade still kills everything in war and short quest anyways lol
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    SL’s gonna get nerfed so I’d say no to him.

Any champ whose answer is “strong enough at r4 to clear everything. Don’t need to r5” and already got nerfed and already got a node made just for him in the hardest content is on the chopping block.

Rank blade. He won’t be getting adjusted any time soon, if ever.

By that logic, he shouldn’t be ranking up Blade either. And SL has already been nerfed, he didn’t always have a limit to how much his Attack would rise
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »

Any champ whose answer is “strong enough at r4 to clear everything. Don’t need to r5” and already got nerfed and already got a node made just for him in the hardest content is on the chopping block.

By that logic, he shouldn’t be ranking up Blade either. And SL has already been nerfed, he didn’t always have a limit to how much his Attack would rise

Blade isn’t strong enough to clear everything at r4 unless you want to spend 45 mins per non-villain fight in LoL.

Blade hasn’t had any nodes created to limit his strength. SL has.

I know SL already got nerfed. That’s what I said.

So no, my logic says rank blade and leave SL at r4. SL is unfortunately following the same path as Dr. Strange. People aren’t paying attention probably because he’s been around so long they assume he’s safe. He even clears the hardest content that exists as a 4*. Kabam doesn’t like that.

Blade is safe. Working as intended.
  • Options
    whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    so if the infographic I saw is correct SL still need an attack synergy to get the extended enrage timer in LoL so bringing him to 5/65 doesn't make much sense
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,179 ★★★★★
    whaler213 wrote: »
    so if the infographic I saw is correct SL still need an attack synergy to get the extended enrage timer in LoL so bringing him to 5/65 doesn't make much sense
    If we rank 5 SL. As 5 Stars we whuld not need this team Thah the only up for him his prgise is bad. Thah why peppel say ther nofing to Go for els
  • Options
    Moneygrab wrote: »
    R5 sl doesn’t need any synergies. Confirmed it with an alliance member who has him r5.
    Jeps Can also confirm. Im hav him just for Lol 100 procent haha
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    ugh, don't waste t5b on SL.
  • Options
    ugh, don't waste t5b on SL.

For me. It was more im didt hav ofter and hav tier2 aplha. And im just Think to myself we is better rank5. SL Ore Storm. And Storm is undups. So. For me. Im get with SL. And im pretty happy for my chois Becasse somone wuld so it worst But im not hav any plan to play hige tier AQ so for me im dont lose alot and in 10 much. Im wuld hav 2 more. Tier5b so. Find for me
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »

Blade hasn’t had any nodes created to limit his strength. SL has.

bleed immune and the reverse heal curse say otherwise.

you can use pacify to get around safeguard.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 737 ★★★★
    If you're doing map6 and Caltrops path on day5 at 10k+ prestige, then yeah, R5 Blade. He chops down that Juggernaut like he's made of paper.
    If not, Blade at R4 already rules tier1 AW. Long fights (like most of LoL), or non villain champs and without his danger sense, he is an average champ.
    R5 SL blows through most of LoL and makes Master difficulty in monthly quest look like childs play. Most of uncollected too.
    You R5 Blade for prestige and a cool avatar. You R5 SL to actually spend less time doing boring monthly quests and be happier in the end.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Just let this video sink in before you rank a champ for the end game content you want to 100%

Lmao what a joke. A Blade with suicides and he has a 482 combo and Star lord is not even down to 70 percent health. My rank 5 SL takes down that Star Lord with 450 hits.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Lmao what a joke. A Blade with suicides and he has a 482 combo and Star lord is not even down to 70 percent health. My rank 5 SL takes down that Star Lord with 450 hits.

Lol you have a rank 5 SL!?

Are you sure it takes 450 hits?
  • Options
    My SL take SL Down in 260 hit
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Crys23 wrote: »
    If you're doing map6 and Caltrops path on day5 at 10k+ prestige, then yeah, R5 Blade. He chops down that Juggernaut like he's made of paper.
    If not, Blade at R4 already rules tier1 AW. Long fights (like most of LoL), or non villain champs and without his danger sense, he is an average champ.
    R5 SL blows through most of LoL and makes Master difficulty in monthly quest look like childs play. Most of uncollected too.
    You R5 Blade for prestige and a cool avatar. You R5 SL to actually spend less time doing boring monthly quests and be happier in the end.

I really struggled between whether to 5/65 Blade or SL. Everyone said that 5/65 SL made only a marginal difference for LOL 100% but the more I see the less I think that is actually the case. I ranked Blade and no regrets but I think I am going to wait to 100% LOL until I can 5/65 SL.
  • Options
    Next2HellNext2Hell Posts: 102
    Blade
  • Options

I really struggled between whether to 5/65 Blade or SL. Everyone said that 5/65 SL made only a marginal difference for LOL 100% but the more I see the less I think that is actually the case. I ranked Blade and no regrets but I think I am going to wait to 100% LOL until I can 5/65 SL.

Personally if that’s your two only choices I wouldn’t rank either.

Blade I might consider only after March/April. SL isn’t worth a r5.
  • Options
    xNig wrote: »

Not to Sound. A as. But SL is wort it But not as the first op. But my self im kind hav to upgrade my SL Becasse Els im wuld hav 6 tier2 aplha in over flode. So im was foucs to it
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited January 2018

He does not have suicides on, and Blade's hit count is extremely inflated because of the constant SP2 spam with power gain. And yes, Star-lord will still kill it in less hits, cause that's the whole point of the character
  • Options
    Gamer wrote: »

Not to Sound. A as. But SL is wort it But not as the first op. But my self im kind hav to upgrade my SL Becasse Els im wuld hav 6 tier2 aplha in over flode. So im was foucs to it

That's mainly cause you're looking at LoL in isolation. Out of LOL, SL has very limited uses. I, for one, bring him into AQ just for fun.

And a 4/55 SL takes down LOL SL in about 370 hits.
  • Options

That's mainly cause you're looking at LoL in isolation. Out of LOL, SL has very limited uses. I, for one, bring him into AQ just for fun.

Very limited outside of LoL? Come on. It’s more like SL is limited by a handful of nodes in AW because he’s not immune, and he isn’t great against MD5. Outside of AW, he smashes through everything.

LoL has a global node up to limit SL’s power and he still smashes it. He can get you a legend tag every month. He smashes AQ. He can get you a legend tag in special timed quests like Goldblum.

AW is one game mode and SL still has his uses there. “Very limited” is just blatantly false.
  • Options

Im not only talk abudt Lol im talk over all. And. Thah just my mind.
    Ikow alot dont Think he worth it ofcasse If im hav blade im wuld May hav hold. Of. And decies better But didt hav him and watig. And. Se If im get lucky. Im culd ends op with wost.
  • Options
    Acanthus wrote: »

He does not have suicides on, and Blade's hit count is extremely inflated because of the constant SP2 spam with power gain. And yes, Star-lord will still kill it in less hits, cause that's the whole point of the character

5.65 Blade takes forever to kill anything in labyrinth that doesn’t activate danger sense. Sp2 hit count is irrelevant. It takes 15+ min to kill SL with max rank Blade.

SL kills everything in less hits because his attack is stronger.

Hela kills the quickest and in the fewest hits because she’s the strongest.

Whole point of every character is to KO their opponent.

Lots of mental gymnastics going on in here.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Awesome, now what do you do with him outside of those 7 lanes of LOL?
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited January 2018

Thank you, captain obvious

The irony
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Thank you, captain obvious

The irony

So much fun seeing intellectually dishonest people lash out.

Dry your tears. Everything’s gonna be ok. Eventually you’ll get a blade too.